Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

BiggerBoat posted:

The worst thing happening here, that's especially related to the free market, is that pretty soon it will become impossible to insure a home, and not just on the coast. Which is gonna get real weird legally when mortgage owners are required by law to have it but no company in the country will offer it. I'm wondering what happens then? My understanding is that the bank just buys it somewhere for you but that doesn't sound too great and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it will be just a tad expensive.

This is what I worry about, I'm in Pensacola and my rates for a home built in 1959 is now 7800 a year. I'm lucky I bought this house when prices were low, I couldn't fathom paying 300K and up to live in this horrible state.

The state is getting worse because a lot of boomers are moving down here from other areas, driving prices through the roof and adding to an already dense conservative mind set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU