Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Just popping in to say it's gonna be Trump and everyone knows it. I would've commented earlier but I was cleaning pudding out of my keyboard.

Well better use this while it still got some life in it then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

VorpalBunny posted:

So has Trump gone even further down the fash-hole than before?

this always was what he was inside, but it definitely is coming at us harder because one way or another he lost any ability to tactically benefit from having a mask on, and probably sat his rear end down 90% of the time self-radicalizing on fox pundits and the like right as he got deep into the age where you really start losing filters and so now he's all out on the Cleanse The Land Of Vermin poo poo

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

2024 GOP Primary: Vivek returns to his soulgem

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Mooseontheloose posted:

He looks like Homelander if Homelander didn't work out.

we have lander at home

Staluigi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 22, 2024

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Eason the Fifth posted:

*Dave Wasserman voice* I've seen enough

nowhere else do i get to laugh about politics

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

ron did that thing where you go out trying to ignite fervor for your brand but instead it turns out that 90% of your brand is it not being widely enough known what you're actually like and once you get your brand out there everyone's like "oh, well, definitely not THIS guy"

it was a terrible showing even by the standards set by perennial candidates

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Rigel posted:

I assume the humiliation of Ron DeSantis has at least a few days left, but then we are probably going to need a new title for the thread.

i mean i already came up with They Trained Him Ron As A Joke

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

All this winning sure will put ol donny trump in his place

(I actually agree with the assessment though, super 100% a masterclass in how to sleepwalk through a primary in a way that makes you look weak but your party utterly impotent against that weakness)

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

I want to believe that this time everything is finally going to catch up to him, and all signs do point to him being less electable at this point than other Republicans, but he still seems to have enough support to make the upcoming election close.

for the first time in my loving life since this whole bullshit began i have this persistent gut feeling that He's Lost The Juice

why it never felt like that before to me i don't know but i can finally listen to him talk and think 'he aint got it in the tank anymore'

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

An average of 10 drinks / day???

what the gently caress

Alcoholism is a story of "they were drinking HOW much?" Like a lot of people don't really get it before they witness it up close

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Caros posted:

My grandma on my mom's side got caught a lot with her drinking, and they take all her liquor. She started cooking vinyl records to get high and predictably died of the sort of cancer one gets from inhaling melted plastic.

jesus fuckin christ

like i know addiction creates some hosed up imagery but i'll never get over poo poo like this and coming across the aftermath of people inhaling duster

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I know Donald’s a teetotaler but he’s sure as poo poo on some drug cocktail that’s not what a doctor would prescribe a normal fat grandpa

my guess:

mixed amphetamine salts, long term habit, at least sometimes but possibly chronically powdered and snorted, especially when he needs a rull pick me up

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

At one of my jobs I would shuttle these management type guys around and one of them asked me if i played online games and i said yeah but i try to keep it light because it'll suck you in and erase whole months from your life and he said he had a son who shortly after moving out to college had to get put in an extended addiction rehabilitation program for world of warcraft, and some of it was inpatient hold of some kind because it was really dire

he said it was really hard to talk about with people because nearly nobody he talked to would really believe it was an addiction. like he'd talk to people at work or church about it and they'd just be like "just get him off the computer" and "it's not an addiction you just turn it off lol" and it had obviously taken years off his life having to deal with this just a bit too early for most of the world to have caught up to how, like gambling, this really was rewards pathway flooding addiction juice and it'll get you good

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

the koch family had pulled their financing apparatus and funding networks away from trump, warning conservatives that the continued cultish obedience to trump was going to do unimaginable damage to them in the long run, and then after loving around trying to figure out how to be an anti-trump conservative movement, went in for haley

but now they just withdrew support and funding of haley so there ya go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Gyges posted:

Unless Haley can pick up another billionaire sugar daddy for her campaign she's out then. It will be interesting to see if the Koch crew swallows their pride and funds all the Republicans not named Trump, or if they decide their best bet for a future libertopia is to sit it out and let them burn this cycle.

they big mad and they petty so its a real toss up

the RNC and all the state conservative orgs are just seriously hurting in general from nobody wanting to empty their wallets into their coffers anymore in general and outright losing the expected support and presence of the koch donor network was ... quite a thing