Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

BiggerBoat posted:

Nah...Republicans stopped watching NFL football once all the uppity dudes started kneeling for the flag and hating the troops.

I think they just said they would and kept watching anyway.

So how is the debate going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

For how smart you were and as good of a baseball player you were, you would not have gotten into Yale today because you are a straight white male. They have to know that you understand that and that you share their fears and will fight to fix it.”

That is such a load of crap.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i find it funny because this guy is giving him the wrong answers too. he wants him to double down on the culture war poo poo which i dont think works and makes him poison to moderates. you wont win my dad and various extend family by screaming about woke.

You don't think affirmative action is different? I think of it as more of a borderline pocketbook/class security issue that does resonate with white voters.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are white women still the biggest beneficiary of AA policies?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/06/29/affirmative-action-who-benefits-white-women/70371219007/

Yes.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

blackmet posted:

I think he could win. But there was an interesting thing I heard on an Atlantic podcast where they believed a lot of his current strength in polls is because he's too distracted by his court cases to campaign. Nor does he actually have to at this point.

I was wondering about this. If Trump just kind of floats around and doesn't get that much deep media coverage amplifying any truly objectionable stuff he says, isn't that a net positive for him? He just gets to ride a wave of discontent against Biden and the status quo. It'd be almost 2016 again, where the media makes more hay out of Biden's age or whatever (they way they did with Hillary's e-mails).

He still has to do debates against Biden, right? Seems like a no-lose proposition for him since the expectations for him are always rock bottom.