Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm not sure doubling down on vendettas against black people is a nationally winning strategy, Ron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Gyges posted:

I think that if you really look at yesterday's results Conservatism wasn't beaten black and blue, it was failed.

Conservativism cannot fail, it can only be failed.

The previous conversation was about the polls. And I've beaten this up since last night. I think it's pretty clear the polling about Trump being up is pretty loving suspicious after the utter democratic victory march shellacking last night. Do I believe Biden has an uphill battle? Yes. Do I believe Trump could easily win the election? Yes. Do I believe Trump is up 9 in Nevada? gently caress NO.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Clarste posted:

What is Newsom accomplishing? I think they both want the exact same thing, tbh. To get some clips of them owning someone their supporters already completely loathe. Which is safe because those supporters won't care even slightly care what the other guy says, he's just an ideological strawman. In that sense, they could probably both benefit from this? At least a little.

I'd say Newsom boosted his profile a lot for 2028 while DeSantis as Newsom rightfully pointed out, is mere weeks away from bending the knee to Trump.

I think even if Newsom did considerably worse this wouldn't have helped DeSantis at all.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bodyholes posted:

I could see Ron running successfully in 2028 because fortunately for him, Republican voters have no long term memory and will completely forget how pathetic he was if he hits the ground running with a retooled campaign and aggressive image next time.

Assuming we're still doing the charade of elections by then, of course.

I don't think you're wrong and retooling your approach is all you need in today's politics. Just look at Trump. My issue with this is Ron will have to spend the next 4 years busting his rear end to make Florida less of a shithole than it is, and rapidly becoming. A lot is going to happen in the interim and I don't think he'll suddenly be ready for prime time with his introverted personality and mannerisms on top of having a lot of bad economic and social problems that anybody competent could hammer him on.

I think Gavin Newsom's completely accurate prediction he'd drop out this week and kiss Donald's ring months ago is a clear example of how it's done.