Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im going to engage in the traditional pride activities of avoiding the pride march and being told im brave by day drunks

You're brave

So many cool people I know here and in real life are gay, trans, ace, whatever, and I wouldn't have anyone any different. gently caress the haters, keep on kicking rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Honest question: if I only consider myself to be about a Kinsey 1 in real life, do y'all actually want me marching somewhere in the parade or would I be helping more if I just handed out bottled water on the sidelines? Because aside from my ponytail I'm pretty sure I come across as straight in most situations.

olives black fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 7, 2023

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

olives black posted:

Honest question: if I only consider myself to be about a Kinsey 1 in real life, do y'all actually want me marching somewhere in the parade or would I be helping more if I just handed out bottled water on the sidelines? Because aside from my ponytail I'm pretty sure I come across as straight in most situations.

you can literally do whatever the hell you want, pride month is about being gay and/or doing crimes

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i can like sell you official permission to go in the pride march if you want

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you can literally do whatever the hell you want, pride month is about being gay and/or doing crimes

oh sweet then

:imgay:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I have pride in GBS, and I'm proud of our GBS posting community

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
they are giving us pride themed coffee mugs at work but many people are not taking them because i live in the hate filled south :tipshat:

last year they gave out pride cookies and people wouldn't eat them because a gay cookie will turn you gay or something i don't know i work and live around idiots

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My former job had probably 50% or more LGBTQ+ people working there and I couldn’t imagine any other job being so loving cool and chill with cool and chill peeps. The Christmas parties were something special.

Happy year-round pride, y’all. A month just doesn’t cut it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Pimpcasso posted:

last year they gave out pride cookies and people wouldn't eat them because a gay cookie will turn you gay or something i don't know i work and live around idiots

That rainbow frosting isn’t very good. Now Juneteenth has some delicious cookies.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Happy pride gbs

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
One shouldn't be proud to post in gbs. There is no honor here.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there's always honor in posting on main

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

well not really but it's ok

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm a very gay trans femme and I am proud of both myself (cause I loving rule) and also this dead, very gay forum.

Bigots can gently caress off, otherwise :justpost:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

buglord posted:

I’m gay

txt me

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i'm straight as hell but i'm also gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Mr.Acula posted:

im straight but i am extremely proud that i was born that way

I am swiftly realizing that this is exactly the sort of thing this forum/thread wants or expects,

I'm okay with being straight. Proud of my parents raising me well. Also proud of folks whose parents raised them well who aren't cis.

I don't understand the point of this thread as is... um... Wakka wakka?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

A Terrible Person posted:

I am swiftly realizing that this is exactly the sort of thing this forum/thread wants or expects,

I'm okay with being straight. Proud of my parents raising me well. Also proud of folks whose parents raised them well who aren't cis.

well you see it is pride month and traditionally us homos like to mark that occasion by mentioning it in the places we are in

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also lol at straight pride you've already got thanksgiving to christmas month

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Yo fellow straight people this ain't your thread either be an ally or shut your mouths :thanks:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
it's a funny thing, language. straight used to mean 'not taking drugs for fun'

i haven't been straight since 1970

i guess i can be proud of that if i want to?

my pride flag is just green

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

heterosexuals aren't real, and i hope all of you accept gayness into your hearts

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if i posted like absolute poo poo i'd be ashamed to do it here, where humans might see it

learn some posting shame if you can't figure out gay pride

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

A Terrible Person posted:

If you don't understand why people would want a pride thread, during pride month then you're either really thick or willfully obtuse.

Seth and co, please probe anyone who tries the "straight pride month" stuff please and thank you. Just gently caress right off please.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Yes that's the plan

Every freaking year I have to say that man

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

The Bramble posted:

Unlike many of my peers, I try to tolerate gays year-round, not just this month.

That’s pretty gay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Pimpcasso posted:

they are giving us pride themed coffee mugs at work but many people are not taking them because i live in the hate filled south :tipshat:

Gay Vols Bitch

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
oh hell yeah, i'm queer af

like if i can get serious for a minute, it was the forums that started me on the way to coming out and finally being myself, just because there are so many other people like me here. so thanks, everybody!

anyway i'll let y'all get back to shitpostin

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Go pride. I'm a big dumb idiot but I just want everyone to be happy.

Maybe not bigots--they can be unhappy.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
big mean queer here

when did it all click for you?

either Debi Mazar or my first kiss. maybe both? It felt right, so that’s what I’ll go with. Decades later, still queer.

I hate that Stockholm pride is at the end of July, but it also justifies my extended pride month. this year barring illness or heat death, I’m going to go, and hopefully push myself to participate. I’ve minimized that side of myself for the past few years IRL and I can’t continue to do so.

I bought a pride flag (my first!) and still have it hanging behind shades in my office - I’m terrified some nut will do something. I’d have laughed at that years ago, but they’re importing right wing talking points here, and while it isn’t quite catching, unhinged nuts know no nationality. I’ve seen close friends receive some insane poo poo here, so I can’t take the risk.

But enough about dour things. It’s fuckin pride

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How do you do, fellow queers? I hope everyone is having a nice and gay day.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

teen witch posted:

big mean queer here

i guess i just realized i was getting real old and hadn't done a single drat thing for myself my entire life lol. i knew i was trans since i was young though

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im just so proud

I dont care if its a sin im just bursting with pride

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Mr.Acula posted:

I dont care if its a sin im just bursting with pride

drat do that somewhere else

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

teen witch posted:

big mean queer here

either Debi Mazar or my first kiss. maybe both? It felt right, so that’s what I’ll go with. Decades later, still queer.

I hate that Stockholm pride is at the end of July, but it also justifies my extended pride month. this year barring illness or heat death, I’m going to go, and hopefully push myself to participate. I’ve minimized that side of myself for the past few years IRL and I can’t continue to do so.

I bought a pride flag (my first!) and still have it hanging behind shades in my office - I’m terrified some nut will do something. I’d have laughed at that years ago, but they’re importing right wing talking points here, and while it isn’t quite catching, unhinged nuts know no nationality. I’ve seen close friends receive some insane poo poo here, so I can’t take the risk.

But enough about dour things. It’s fuckin pride

for me it was a couple years ago when i almost died of heart failure, and i realized that if i'm ever going to live as myself, i don't have forever to get around to it. but it's all good, i'm out now and they'll put the right name on my tombstone

i kind of want to get a pride flag but i'm not sure about it, for the same reasons as you. i promise tho, if i do, i will iron that motherfucker before i put it up. so tired of seeing pride flags all creased up like they just took them out of the package that day

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

i kind of want to get a pride flag but i'm not sure about it, for the same reasons as you. i promise tho, if i do, i will iron that motherfucker before i put it up. so tired of seeing pride flags all creased up like they just took them out of the package that day

I can’t iron mine, it’s a cheapie from Flying Tiger that would absolutely melt near heat. I figured get one for now, and if I’m not getting nutjob blowback, spring for a proper one.

But if anyone knows how to get creases out of that, I’m all ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i knew I was trans since I was a kid - 11 or 12 I think. Was not a good environment to realize that in, so I had to wait until college to really deal with what that meant and start on meds and name change stuff. It wasn't anything in particular, I just noticed that I disliked being called a boy, wanted to let my hair grow out, and got real uncomfortable in the locker room, like way more than shyness or whatever. My sexuality has been a bit of a ride, but these days I'm pretty comfortable being ace-ish. Turns out hormones can change your sex drive, who'dathunkit.

Anyway now I get paid to do DEI at my phoney-baloney job so really it's worth it for being on the wrong end of *waves hand*