Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Foo Diddley posted:

for me it was a couple years ago when i almost died of heart failure, and i realized that if i'm ever going to live as myself, i don't have forever to get around to it. but it's all good, i'm out now and they'll put the right name on my tombstone

i kind of want to get a pride flag but i'm not sure about it, for the same reasons as you. i promise tho, if i do, i will iron that motherfucker before i put it up. so tired of seeing pride flags all creased up like they just took them out of the package that day

the creases are what makes it a pride flag just leave em in

also :hfive: near death experience buddy, mine came when my skull kinda exploded and i saw my hospital notes and they had "gender dysphoria: unresolved" written as a pre-existing condition on them. really made me think

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

its a sin

this is the title of a very good UK tv series chronicling the beginning of HIV/AIDS in the 80s

it's good and funny but also harrowing for obvious reasons. and gay as poo poo of course. recommended watch if you're in the right headspace for it

this is a sincere post. I know the username might suggest otherwise

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If anyone has anything less than total respect and love for our LGBTQ2S+ brothers and sisters I’ll beat the fuckin poo poo outta ya!! :black101:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

this is the title of a very good UK tv series chronicling the beginning of HIV/AIDS in the 80s

it's good and funny but also harrowing for obvious reasons. and gay as poo poo of course. recommended watch if you're in the right headspace for it

it's also a pet shop boys song, which is probably less harrowing to watch

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

welp, there goes the gayborhood.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

olives black posted:

Honest question: if I only consider myself to be about a Kinsey 1 in real life, do y'all actually want me marching somewhere in the parade or would I be helping more if I just handed out bottled water on the sidelines? Because aside from my ponytail I'm pretty sure I come across as straight in most situations.

I give you a gay pass, if anyone asks you if you if you belong in the march then you can tell them an internet stranger gay person told you that you could.

For real though there aren't enough of us to do it alone, if you feel comfortable being in the march then yeah you should do it, it's good to have friends.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

im gay lol

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Oh yeah I never did get round to watching that but I heard so much food stuff about it.

Everyone rec your fav LGBTQ+ media
I wanna watch a lot of gay stuff.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

to celebrate pride I had a really nice date with a very pretty girl which was kind of terrifying tbh but the night ended with lots of making out I would call “aggressively enthusiastic” so uh yeah go pride, still kinda reeling here

teen witch posted:

But if anyone knows how to get creases out of that, I’m all ears

try cheap white conditioner mixed with water in a spray bottle and lemme know how it works, my flag is wrinkled to poo poo but I’m lazy and broke and hair product is pricey

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

i too am gay

well

kinda

whatever

it's complicated

but for the purposes of pride month i too am gay

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I should have been gay in highschool but that would have gotten me hugely bullied and extremely isolated lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
As far as I can tell, the place I live is not having any gay pride celebrations that I can find on the internet. Just a news article about a bar having the first pride event in city history in 2012. Then nothing. Well that's pretty grim.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hell yeah

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

also i'm going to my first parade ever on sunday! :3: i'm going with a busful of other excellent people going to the parade and theres going to be an open bar on the way

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Solefald posted:

Reality Gays podcast is hilarious and very gay

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Here's the Pet Shop Boys singing about a track driver and his mate. The song is called "The Truck Driver and his Mate"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1etJXYb-Zw&hd=1

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
read this as gas pride month and thought it was a redux of the inviting jimmyjams to fart thread

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I'm very gay and so's my husband and we're both fabulous gay goons. We're doing fabulous gay things this month and celebrating being gay!

Woo!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Do you think people chose pride month to be in june because of the phrase "gay as the day is long?"

kinda makes u think

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
One more ally post. A few years back, the SF Gay Men's Chorus made a tour of the deep south as a means of outreach. The trip was filmed and made into a documentary, and you can see the trailer here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nc_VZr3Vdk I had several friends in the chorus make this journey. One of my best buds, Mike, can be seen at about 10 seconds in, crossing the Edmund Pettus bridge in Selma. He's the big guy in the tan cap, holding hands with his husband. If you're curious about it, I encourage you to rent it on YouTube or I think you can watch it on Paramount+.

Mike had nothing but good to say about making this pilgrimage. Yes, they encountered bigotry, but they also found love and kindness and acceptance where they never thought they would. This was especially cathartic for him, because Mike was from the south (Kansas City, MO), and one of those guys who didn't come out until he was much older, I think maybe even well into his 40s. As a young man he played into the southern stereotype for "big guys" by playing football and marrying young and having a couple of kids (though the marriage didn't stick, he still loved being a dad to his kids and eventually, being a grandpa). Instead of going pro football, he became an amazing musician (pianist and organist, with a Masters in conducting) and I knew him as the music director/organist of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in San Jose.

Less than a year after this documentary came out, Mike suffered a stroke. While in the hospital, they discovered an infected cyst pushing on his spine, and that led to pneumonia, a staph infection and time in a coma. After about a month of that, he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

I miss him still, and I am so loving proud to have known him.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Do you think people chose pride month to be in june because of the phrase "gay as the day is long?"

kinda makes u think

Jesus Christ does it ever!

Stryder posted:

One more ally post. A few years back, the SF Gay Men's Chorus made a tour of the deep south as a means of outreach. The trip was filmed and made into a documentary, and you can see the trailer here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nc_VZr3Vdk I had several friends in the chorus make this journey. One of my best buds, Mike, can be seen at about 10 seconds in, crossing the Edmund Pettus bridge in Selma. He's the big guy in the tan cap, holding hands with his husband. If you're curious about it, I encourage you to rent it on YouTube or I think you can watch it on Paramount+.

Mike had nothing but good to say about making this pilgrimage. Yes, they encountered bigotry, but they also found love and kindness and acceptance where they never thought they would. This was especially cathartic for him, because Mike was from the south (Kansas City, MO), and one of those guys who didn't come out until he was much older, I think maybe even well into his 40s. As a young man he played into the southern stereotype for "big guys" by playing football and marrying young and having a couple of kids (though the marriage didn't stick, he still loved being a dad to his kids and eventually, being a grandpa). Instead of going pro football, he became an amazing musician (pianist and organist, with a Masters in conducting) and I knew him as the music director/organist of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in San Jose.

Less than a year after this documentary came out, Mike suffered a stroke. While in the hospital, they discovered an infected cyst pushing on his spine, and that led to pneumonia, a staph infection and time in a coma. After about a month of that, he passed away peacefully in his sleep.

I miss him still, and I am so loving proud to have known him.

Added to my watchlist and I’ll see if paramount plus has it here. I know this’ll make me uuuugly cry.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
gm queermos

https://youtu.be/PFwom4D3i4g

https://youtu.be/cXFra7gjElw

and jfc how did I forget kd lang that vanity fair cover was hnnnng everything??

https://youtu.be/oXqPjx94YMg

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solefald posted:

Priscilla Queen of the Desert unironically rules and stars Hugo Weaving, it's a fun road trip movie about two drag queens and a trans woman driving across mid 90s Australia which is a bit like mid 50s anywhere else lol

Dredd (2012) is about an asexual dude locked inside a gangbang

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also Alice Jr, a movie about a trans teenager in Brazil. it's fun despite hitting some Themes

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i knew i was trans from the moment puberty smacked me in the teeth but i was too scared to go through in transitioning until i had a one-two combo of renal failure in the hospital and then an accidentally huge dose of magic mushrooms about a year later that really put everything into context

it's never too late to go not-straight

Solefald posted:

for trans film how about Una mujer fantástica (A Fantastic Woman) from 2017, it's pretty great

Androgynous the crash test dummies version what can i say, this song made me consider lots of new possibilities after i heard it on some random mix-tape in junior high:

"Go West" by the Pet Shop boys is the anthem to be played when we push the straights into the sea

and that episode of It's Always Sunny "Mac Finds His Pride" hoo boy

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Be gay
Smoke weed
Do crimes
Love, not hate
Eat hot chip

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gravid Topiary posted:

"Go West" by the Pet Shop boys is the anthem to be played when we push the straights into the sea

Very was the first casette i ever owned, Go West is an absolute banger

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hidden tracks on casettes used to rule coz they were actually hidden

e: im old

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m an open fan of black metal* but there has never been and likely will never be a band that suplexed into sacrilege the way Lil Nas X did with Call Me By Your Name

https://youtu.be/6swmTBVI83k

And even more of a hot take: B-52s are one of the most punk bands on earth, FULL STOP. If there’s any way of best describing my queerness, it’s them. Campy and kitsch, but very cutting, deceptively so.

https://youtu.be/VvCng7-za1Y

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Realtalk thank you OP for the thread, I was hemming and hawing on making one, 5/5

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Dredd (2012) is about an asexual dude locked inside a gangbang

???

I kissed a guy on a dare when I was a teen so I'm calling that a free pass to post in here. If anyone wants a recommendation for LGBTQ+ films check out K-11. It's a really weird one I saw on Prime years ago. It didn't get good reviews but I liked it and the fact that I remember most of it all these years later speaks well for it.

Basically a rich record producer goes on a drug and alcohol binge and is arrested. When he is brought to the drunk tank some sleazy guard takes a fancy to him and decides he should be sent to the section of the prison that keeps trans and gay inmates isolated.

It's more complicated than that, but it gets interesting. Jason Mewes is in it.

I found the entire thing on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCoxwJ11Ag

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

teen witch posted:

I’m an open fan of black metal* but there has never been and likely will never be a band that suplexed into sacrilege the way Lil Nas X did with Call Me By Your Name

https://youtu.be/6swmTBVI83k

And even more of a hot take: B-52s are one of the most punk bands on earth, FULL STOP. If there’s any way of best describing my queerness, it’s them. Campy and kitsch, but very cutting, deceptively so.

https://youtu.be/VvCng7-za1Y

Legit. Was screaming this at the typical anti-pop tr00 kvlt metal fans like "LIL NAS X HAS ACHIEVED IN ONE SONG WHAT YOU SHITS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR DECADES"

Then again 95% of metal fans/musicians are right wing chuds anyway so

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Metal has gotten a LOT better as of the past 20 years regarding shitheads. Not perfect, not even close, but an impressive amount of progress from the 80s-90s. Some bands are even copping to being utter fuckheads in the past, which is something I actively promote regardless of genre.

There are shitheads still, absolutely, but far more people are tired of how they tend to loving ruin everything for everyone. Took long enough for metal to realize that if they want to survive, they need to cut out the insane gatekeeping and explore new frontiers. Adapt or die.

Usually most white dude metalheads are far more scared of me than I of them, as they should be. I like the same music as them and there’s absolutely nothing they can do about it. They don’t get to own my preferences.

Anyway

https://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU

https://youtu.be/6aGuuMEQx68

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Solefald posted:

Then again 95% of metal fans/musicians are right wing chuds anyway so

Metal is gay as gently caress though

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
In recognition of a dumb gibbis tradition I guess this is the time and place : I'm straight.
But I love and respect all my sistas and bro's of whatever sexuality/gender they find themselves living, please never stop being your awesome selves.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I make, wear and sell stuff like this:

So like, a 3 out of 10? :shrug:

Six simple words...

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Pat Robertson's dead y'all :holy:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Hail Satan, who shall tend to him forever more

low poly rat
Oct 22, 2012
happy pride!

ive know i was a lesbian since i was 17 or so, after getting my first real crush on a girl i roleplayed online with (lmao)
then at 20 i realised i was asexual when my long distance girlfriend was visiting and they went 'uhhhh yeah normal ppl would be having sex right now' and whoops a lot of things suddenly made A Lot Of Sense
then ever covid i realised i was agender too, so that that's where i'm at now. still too scared to call myself trans though because what if i'm secretly faking it?!? slowly trying to get people to use they/them for me, which even with my supportive family is an uphill battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

it's too bad there's no hell for robertson to rot in