Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carnafex
Sep 6, 2006
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

ombredog posted:

Oh hey, I forgot to post in this thread because it felt a bit self-effacing at the time but: I have a date for facial feminisation surgery later this year!
I'm excited for it. I don't particularly have issues with passing per se, but I really would feel much more at peace with myself.

I'm not seeking anything major, as I do like how I look a lot like my grandmother sans my jaw and eyebrow bone. Pretty pumped since technically that's the last big medical thing off the docket in terms of being 'medically' transgender and then I am home freeeee :cheersdoge:

Actually I'm recovering from mine right now. Recovery is a bitch, but the results so far have been so incredibly blessed :3:
Congrats on getting yours lined up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Monster is for femmes, Rockstar is for mascs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
nos is for enbys

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
seconded

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nos is for enbys

:3

lemme guess is FOUR LOKO for genderfluid ppl?? :vc

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

This checks out considering I like Monster and NOS

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I did some nude hot tubbing last night with a friend and there wasn't anything sexual but God drat I forgot how much I like being nude with other men.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mad Hamish posted:

I did some nude hot tubbing last night with a friend and there wasn't anything sexual but God drat I forgot how much I like being nude with other men.

I think we need to renormalize men being comfortable being nude around each other across the board.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tarkus posted:

I think we need to renormalize men being comfortable being nude around each other across the board.
Parts of the world have a lot more of a relaxed relationship with nudity; for example, in Scandinavia during the summer it's not uncommon to see people nude at the beach, even if it's not a nudist beach.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tarkus posted:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Tarkus posted:

Absolutely!

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Tarkus posted:

Yup. There are a whole lotta hang ups that can be mitigated if you just know that most bodies aren't perfect.

Also today I learned that I should not assume my partner remembers how to find where he parked or that he is listening to my actual words when he's stressed about trying to find the car.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Tricky Ed posted:

most bodies aren't perfect.

Hey, it's me.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tarkus posted:

ya’ll need to come to burning man some time. recommended camps: nacho daddies, glamcocks, gender blender, & the camp beaverton home for wayward girls

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nos is for enbys

Read this as n2o somehow and started furiously nodding in agreement

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Read this as n2o somehow and started furiously nodding in agreement

that too

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

i've never had nos so i don't know if its for this enby, and i don't think it's avaialble in denmark

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Do gay guys get chasers too? Like straight women who really wanna date you despite the obvious obstacle?

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

emSparkly posted:

Do gay guys get chasers too? Like straight women who really wanna date you despite the obvious obstacle?

When I was a teenager(late 90s/early 00s) those women were referred to as f-slur hags.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I've been seeing a cishet woman who told me she got teased with that slur in high school and now she is smooching a queer boy. What a world.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

emSparkly posted:

Not necessarily date, they want someone to blab about office drama with.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

HolidayDrunk posted:

When I was a teenager(late 90s/early 00s) those women were referred to as f-slur hags.

I just heard this phrase like two loving weeks ago

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

emSparkly posted:

Can't speak for all gay guys but yes I got this. There were enough of them that they formed a harem (their phrase, not mine). Which, I think worked out for the best, because it was small town US, so there were not available guys and that left me unattached, but because they were forming a group about this I didn't have any one person hounding me. Worst case scenario I had was awkward groping which made me very uncomfy but at least confirmed my lack of interest was genuine.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

emSparkly posted:

recently confirmed from a gay friend that women with spatula fantasies are still a thing

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

HolidayDrunk posted:

Yep.

Also "fruit flies" which I thought was kinda funny tbh

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

For pretty much any classification of people you will get groups of other people who fetishize that thing to one degree or another. There are lots of "chasers" with different targets and most of them don't bother to differentiate when they use the term, which makes for zany sitcom-style misunderstandings sometimes!

I was trying to give examples without getting lurid here, but I'll just say humans can get way weird about lots of things and leave it at that.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I wasn't interested in *anyone* in my early twenties, and I feel into the "twunk" definition and was known to be openly bi. The amount of cis het women who decided that made me the perfect target was kind of hosed up, and multiple people ended up getting kicked out of parties because they'd straight up sexually harass or assault me.

So yeah, it's super hosed up and happened to me plenty. I just wanted to have a beer and talk about games and music.

As an addendum transition has netted me a different set of chasers, but not better or worse. It's kind of messed up and why I just dismiss people off the cuff. Unfortunately to a lot of them this makes me more desirable somehow in their loving head.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

recently confirmed from a gay friend that women with spatula fantasies are still a thing

… spatula?

Also hi, i’m gay, etc etc

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

UnbearablyBlight posted:

… spatula?

Also hi, i’m gay, etc etc

they fantasize about "flipping" a gay guy

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

and all this time i just thought they wanted to help me cook brunch

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Off topic, but my wife and I are Christian super-queers, which is funny because everyone just assumes we’re atheists. We both generally consider ourselves some flavor of catholic, but we just moved and found a Methodist reconciliatory church (not exactly part of the formal Methodist council, whose relationship to queerness is a whole ‘nother post). The two pastors are a gay man and a lesbian, every layperson involved in church administration is some flavor of queer (except maybe the music director, but I haven’t asked her), and the entire small congregation is elderly, queer, or both. We have felt SO welcome and have had several conversations with other members about how it’s a bummer that so many people have been pushed away from the faith by unwelcoming bigoted churches and cruel words from other “Christians.” The opening liturgy says something along the lines of “Christ loves you not despite your race, sexuality, ability, or disability, but because of it, and His body is incomplete without you.” The Lord’s Prayer begins with “Our Father, our Mother, our Creator” and God is exclusively referred to as “they.”
I’ve always been a person of faith, but never fully felt like I belonged in a church or to a congregation before, despite having been baptized and confirmed and an active member of my family’s church all through middle and high school (although my mother raised me as some version of catholic/pagan/buddhist, church only came when I moved in with my dad). Anyway this has had a lot of side notes, but the tl;dr is that queer Christians are some of the only people I’ve met who truly understand that Christ’s love is abundant and complete, no matter who you are. I am so grateful to have found this congregation. Pastor Seth even lives in our building and we’re gonna try to have him over for dinner soon!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hell that's pretty cool, I just thought religion was another thing I'd been banned from.

I converted to Romanian orthodoxy for marriage and while I didn't take it super seriously it was nice to belong and I felt some connection with the religion etc. Then I found out I was an abomination which quickly killed that religion for me, and when even the local quakers were clearly uncomfortable with having me around that finished god off for me altogether. I'm glad it's a thing that's open to at least some queer people tho

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
As far as religion goes I’ve kinda just embraced the “living affront to God” identity and enjoy satanic aesthetics while pretty much being agnostic.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hell that's pretty cool, I just thought religion was another thing I'd been banned from.

I converted to Romanian orthodoxy for marriage and while I didn't take it super seriously it was nice to belong and I felt some connection with the religion etc. Then I found out I was an abomination which quickly killed that religion for me, and when even the local quakers were clearly uncomfortable with having me around that finished god off for me altogether. I'm glad it's a thing that's open to at least some queer people tho

Frfr, search “United Church [your area]” and check it out. Worst case scenario you’re bored for an hour/hour and a half, plus there’s usually coffee and cake afterwards. There’s a young femme-presenting person always wearing cat ear headphones and a sweatshirt at ours we haven’t had a chance to meet yet, so you can’t be too goony to worship.

And emSparkly: hell yeah

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

emSparkly posted:

As far as religion goes I’ve kinda just embraced the “living affront to God” identity and enjoy satanic aesthetics while pretty much being agnostic.

Hail Satan

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Friends Meetings (not Friends churches, that’s the Americanized evangelical flavor) are radically progressive and therefore inclusive in every way. You can find a local one through here:

https://www.fgcquaker.org/find-a-meeting/

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Episcopalians are also very progressive. The one in our area, the Father’s husband didn’t usually come because he was traveling. Multiple lesbian couples, lots of pride masks, etc.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
turn to bokonon, embrace the foma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I may not be a Christian but I think people should be allowed to live however makes them comfortable. It ain't my place to pass judgement on your lifestyle.