Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know that I'll get the story in on time, working on the story took a back seat to mental health issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the double post. This is about what I'd been writing in my head all week. It's still pretty rough though.

---

Then That's Your Dog - Draft

It was time for me to take stock of the past few months when things went from triage to reentry to recovery.

March saw the biggest fires. The sky went thru different shades of orange depending on when and where I was busy. I'd drive carpool towards the ember snows and copper/amber sunrise. Lunch mobile feeding was under smoke-tinged hues like apricot, cantaloupe, and peach. I'd feel most focused on colors when driving the return carpool. Different light sources would fight against the smoke and flames in the distance: and there was this certain tiger-eye layering that let me know that I was almost home.

April had the ocean and the sky practically switched places. Clouds heavy with rain clung to a dark sky. The waterways and ocean were slimy from the sludgy runoffs and mudslides. I pulled back on my volunteering: I needed to find a new job and more resources were pouring into the county anyways. If things didn't turn around, I would need to fall back to retail jobs and food deliveries. (This section is missing something, and I keep making it action centered when I want it to be touch word-centered)

And today, the last day of May. Hot, humid, muggy. I woke up at noon, had my breakfast, and got myself showered. I set up my portable AC and its window seal and hoses. Then it was time to shop for strangers from 2 to 5. To deliver people's meals from 6 to 9. I grabbed myself a late-night chicken sandwich. And came home to my studio granny flat to find the window seal fallen. Like someone pushed it in. There was a light coming from the kitchenette's fridge, a black midsized...something, whimpering. Pawing at the deli drwaer. Trying to get to the food inside.

"Well, if you've got a dog in your fridge..."