Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Hello, wordfriends, and wordfriends-to-be. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Btw, if anyone needs a link to the TD Discord, here you go: https://discord.gg/M3uBetxS

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Ock?

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Fat Jesus posted:

My crits are as worthless as my stories, back 2 back losses coming, probably.

I know it's a little late for this week, but if I could offer some advice: I noticed that you've posted your stories fairly early in the week, presumably fairly soon after you've finished writing them. I would suggest waiting until closer to deadline to submit, since I've always found it valuable to sit with a piece for a little while and come back to it with fresh eyes. Sometimes on rereading you notice things that you didn't in the moment, or you find ways that you could improve. You may also want to take people up on pre-entry crit swaps like the one mentioned above, since both giving and receiving feedback will help you improve your craft. And like Anti said, don't worry too much about your crits "not being useful." All feedback is good feedback!

Also if you have Discord, I would encourage you (and anyone entering/thinking about entering TD) to join the server, since there's usually people willing to give early feedback and general advice, or even expand on crits if you feel like you need more help. Link is here: https://discord.gg/ZcgckY9d Also, if you're reading this post in the future and the link is expired, feel free to ask for a new one in this thread, or to PM me. :3:

curlingiron fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 23, 2023

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Fat Jesus posted:

Is there any rule for interprompts? I kinda like the concept of us posting whatever poo poo you come up with in a spare hour.

Usually someone comes up with a prompt for interprompts and then people respond to them. They’re usually joke-y in tone, and rarely get crits unless someone feels like putting in the effort. If you’re looking for feedback on something you whipped up in your spare time, this thread or fiction advice might be a better place for it (or in the TD Discord).

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

RIP Poemdome. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s ock?
Thou art more rageful and more turgid.