Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Beezus posted:

Hats off to the three first-timers who got their subs in on time this week and will not be failing.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Flyerant posted:

Anyone wanna trade Crits? I'll crit your piece if you crit mine :)

I will crit your piece.

Additionally as an open question. What's the best way to apply the advice from crits?

Often I feel like I just end up with a new set of expectations to try and meet. Is there any easy guide to "resolving" the issues highlighted by a critique?

e: not necessarily "easy", but kind of like a practical process for unpacking and applying the suggested recommendations from crits, or addressing a reader's specific issues? But also doing that while trying to increase a piece's appeal to a broader group of persons in general?

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 13, 2023

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Thanks for the feedback. All very good points and I got some good exercise/editing ideas as a result.