Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I never said I was a role model.

MockingQuantum posted:

speaking of great prompts what's everybody's favorite past prompt?

could be either your favorite prompt you wrote a story for, or if your ego is an unbridled stallion, your favorite prompt you came up with

in true shitposting fashion I have not taken the time to figure out my own answer before posting this question

I always love prompts structured around an assigned first line. Staggy and Anti have done this in the past (like Lyttle Lyton weeks) and both times I entered, the prompts inspired the heck out of me (and my stories won for some reason.)

First lines are hard, so prompts that write them for me are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Hats off to the three first-timers who got their subs in on time this week and will not be failing.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Very excited for the pending bummerdome brawl entries. I've never been so stoked to be sad.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Fat Jesus posted:

Are losses scaring people away or something? I haven't been around here long enough to tell. If so all i can suggest is they heed the wisdom of my lord and savior, the macho man Randy Savage.
Death or glory.

It definitely seems like the feelings on losses are mixed enough that it's emerging as a barrier to entry for many folks, and that's not good for participation, which ultimately determines the longevity of Thunderdome.

I like the idea of leaving it to judges to decide if there will be losses or not for now.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

Sonnet! Week!