Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Brother Tadger posted:

Every spy movie and most action flicks are either police state propaganda or “just a few bad apples” schlock that reinforces US global political hegemony/nationalism. The ones that portray torture as a necessary means to an end or other enemy-dehumanization poo poo are probably the worst

"Rambo is a tragic hero!"

*years later, after viewing sequels*

"Rambo is superhero make believe fantasy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I watched the Simpsons for over a decade before I realized Smithers was gay. It was 'Behind the Laughter' episode where it finally clicked, I was in my twenties.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Paulie Shore ruined a science experiment because he was a stoner loser who's buddy had to take a massive poo poo and he was rewarded for it.

When I was a teen I knew a guy who would rent Biodome every weekend. He would watch it at least three times before returning it. As a side note he was also a big fan of Faces of Death and a documentary called Executions, which I heard was actually illegal and the video store wouldn't have had it if it was a big franchise.