Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The making GBS threads scene in dumb and dumber isn’t funny it’s just normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

“This is why we're here: Unobtanium. This little grey rock sells for 20 million a kilo"

lol The most "Dude everyone already knows that, why are you telling us this like we don't know" moment where the characters should be looking at each other in confusion in a movie ever

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kalel posted:

I rewatched ratatouille recently and thought it sucked. no comment as to the politics or morality or timeliness of the script. I just thought it sucked

*actually I did love the homage to classic French cinema when the guy kissed the girl so good that she stopped resisting and fell in love immediately

Yeah it does suck. The moral is, I guess, uh let someone control you to greatness?

And the whole "ratatouille dish takes him back to his childhood" thing makes no loving sense because absolutely zero children enjoy ratatouille

I think the whole story is like "ratatouille is a funny word and we can have an animal protagonist, make a movie around that one word somehow", or even stupider, the complete opposite, where the climax of the movie only exists because they had already named the movie "Ratatoille"