Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

going 2 horny jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

bonk

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Why couldn’t But and Bonk get drafted by the same team?

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
As there are fewer and fewer draft trades it is inversely proportional to the number of people that are invited to come up on stage. We've passed a threshold where it's simply too much work to cancel on so many people that teams will just follow through and take a jobber out of the WHL rather than make that many phone calls.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
When you can draft a guy who put up 12 points for a mediocre big ten program, you can't miss the opportunity, good for Guerin

(I don't mind the pick, just amused by the dire production)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

that's too many wingers for the Rangers

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
gently caress YES!!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Surprised he didn't become a wrestler.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that's too many wingers for the Rangers

This one plays on the correct side.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
to my new midnight cowboy:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rangers do nothing and make a good pick

ugh

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rangers do nothing and make a good pick

ugh

:discourse:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

to my new midnight cowboy:

he looks like Jack Skellington

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
guy with skating issues but with supernaturally good hockey sense and passing. that's a perfect mother loving Ranger baby. come play with Fox and Bread and Mika and Kreids

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I can't believe they made the correct pick

I have ptsd

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

come play with Fox and Bread and Mika and Kreids

but not on the powerplay

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

quote:

Under Construction – Improvements to Make

Size

Perrault's gotta work on growing a few inches

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So how do the Rangers gently caress this up?

https://twitter.com/TopDownHockey/status/1674232745990688769?s=20

Fancy chart say he good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

remembering names is hard

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

OldSenileGuy posted:

I can't believe they made the correct pick

I have ptsd

we do insanely well for whatever reason with 1st rounders 16-30. Othmann looks good, K'Andre, Nils is an NHLer, Chytil, Skjei, J.T. Miller, Kreider, Del Zotto, Cherepanov (RIP), Korpikoski. The only bad pick was Sanguinetti over Giroux. But that's a hell of a run otherwise.

Picks 1-15? Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Anderson, Marc Staal, Al Montoya, Hugh Jessiman, Dan Blackburn

the first list is really incredible to be honest. here's hoping Perreault is more of the same

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ginette Reno posted:

So how do the Rangers gently caress this up?

https://twitter.com/TopDownHockey/status/1674232745990688769?s=20

Fancy chart say he good

Director of Player Development - Tanner Glass

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

Director of Player Development - Tanner Glass

Tanner Glass and Jed Ortmeyer and Matt Hunwick seeing a high potential scoring forward:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

but not on the powerplay

he'll somehow get PP1 time before Laf and Kakko do

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
They do slice them weird. Good tip

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i like musty a lot

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

His mom's name is Missy Musty :laffo:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1674235867991343104

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Remember that Connor Bedard is almost as much of a bland company man as Connor McDavid. Do not take anything he says as insightful.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Are there gonna be no trades this round?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Take I dunno Cristall or whoever has the most points so the largely useless NHLe thing will say he'll be a surefire star.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Propaganda Hour posted:

They do slice them weird. Good tip

it's so weird this is a thing non-st louis people picked up on. i lived there the first 18 years of my life and frequently go back and i have never once heard of this bagel slicing thing outside of national media

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Are there gonna be no trades this round?

Trades during the draft have been a letdown in the last number of years. Super boring

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

The only bad pick was Sanguinetti over Giroux. But that's a hell of a run otherwise.

:lol:

I see your point, but that's some real "aside from that mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" energy

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

This guy was a projected third rounder but this pick is all Wes Clark and he’s done ok so it’s fine I guess

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

This guy was a projected third rounder but this puck is all Wes Clark and he’s done ok so it’s fine I guess

I mean he’s even named after hockey gear

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Can't just pick one Swede or else they'll get lonely

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

This guy was a projected third rounder but this pick is all Wes Clark and he’s done ok so it’s fine I guess

Young for the draft class, strong second half to the year, and had the vaunted "helium." Based on what's publicly available it makes sense and it's not like they Biggsed it so yeah whatever.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Young for the draft class, strong second half to the year, and had the vaunted "helium." Based on what's publicly available it makes sense and it's not like they Biggsed it so yeah whatever.

Yeah shares a lot in common with the approach to Knies/Minten seems like, late bloomers with strong second-halfs in their draft year, praised for transition play and hockey sense. This guy can skate too, which is a nice plus.

Treliving was reportedly working the phones hard right up to the pick so I have to assume that if he could have traded back he would have, but based on his interview the scouts got what they wanted and they’ve gotten hits on this kind of guy, no reason to pass if you don’t like anyone more.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

no trades

great going NHL GMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Goodnight first round. You weren't very interesting