Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

IIRC, Fantilli would be the number one pick from the last few drafts, too. One of the reasons why it paid to be bad this season, was because even if you missed out on Bedard, Fantilli is right there. And then you have Michkov/Carlsson/Smith as great consolation prizes.

Before last season, I thought Anaheim was set-up pretty well for the future with Zegras and Drysdale, to go along with some other nice pieces (Terry, McTavish, along with some other good prospects). Now they are adding Fantilli? Wow.

If Michov wasn't Russian he'd be right up there with Fantilli with Winger vs. Center being the crux of the debate. From what all the scouts say, Michov is the only one even close to Bedard.

eXXon posted:

Goddamn that's a blast from the past. I hope the Leafs draft this very creatively-named son of the all-time Toronto great.

(for those unaware, Roman Kukumberg Sr. was like Toronto's Jiri Dopita, except he only scored 8 points in 54 career games in the AHL)

How the gently caress does Roman Kukemberg have a son old enough to be draft eligible?

Edit: oh, he was super overaged. He was drafted the same year as Ovie/Malkin but he's 43.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

You’re right. My problem with Michkov is that I mentally put him below Fantilli because no one thinks he’s going to be drafted that high because of Russia.

Yeah, I don't think Anaheim (or anyone in their position would have the balls toactually take him but at the same time, if they did, I don't think it would be a mistake talent wise.

Like from a Ducks fan perspective I'd be like "Holy poo poo, that's a hell of a gamble, but let's go!" Rather than "WTF, fire everyone!".

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 21, 2023

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Isentropy posted:

Some NFL manager asked a prospect “Was your mom a whore”

Multiple times, enough that they need an actual rule.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nfl-teams-questions-prospects_n_63dc0809e4b01a4363932cfc

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

My issue is the geopolitics of it all. I find it highly unlikely Russia will let the star youngster of their highest profile team join the NHL without a fight. I would expect they'll demand a hefty transfer fee at least, and who knows if it'll be permissible to wire $20m to the Russian government then.

Technically it would be sending money to Gazprom as owners of SKA St. Petersburg to buy him out of his contract but that's also probably illegal.