Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/RivardNHL/status/1673430266948501512?s=20
people are paid money to ask these questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Spelling Mitsake posted:

These things are always absurd. Do other sports do this?

the nfl definitely does.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Ginette Reno posted:

Most of these gms of poo poo teams are worried they'll get fired before Michkov comes over so that's probably half of it too.

yeah its generally always true that GMS will make moves that are best for them and their job security and not the team. the only exceptions are new guys who have permission to tear it down to the studs and franchise legends

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

ThinkTank posted:

except for franchise legend Trevor Linden who got fired when he suggested they do a very slight rebuild

yes that was very strange, vancouver treating linden poorly is out of character

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress Chicago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Levitate posted:

Extremely unlikely it all pans out like that but sure it’s good to swing on high upside
They could also all bust
My only issue is when people post like it’s a sure thing all these guys are steals or going to “pop” etc

E: I mean the guy is saying “best draft ever for any team” cmon

all the post draft winner and loser stuff is dumb. with the exception of like the top 1-3 picks and the LOL teams like arizona, no one has any idea on most of these guys. Yzerman was getting dunked on for drafting seider and it panned out well. similarly, taking zadina was a massive steal by holland, and, welp.

that being said, i kinda wish yzerman was taking more swings for the fences