Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Buffalo could really use a defenseman but it feels like there's no shot Reinbacher or Sandin Pellikka are still on the board at 13. I do feel like the Sabres are a dark horse to take Michkov if he lasts that long, as their forward corps are stacked and they can absolutely afford to have him stay in Russia another few years, but I feel there's no way he makes it to 13 either. For the first time in a while now I feel like I have no idea who Buffalo will pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah, I think the biggest intrigue for michkov is whether or not someone tries to trade up for him and when exactly they do it. Trading up to grab a #2 overall talent at #7 could end up being a really savvy move for someone

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
It sounds like the top defensemen are starting to shuffle order and move up the board a bit. Reinbacher still sounds like the first D off the board, but that doesn't seem as firm as it did a couple weeks ago. Willander and Simashev are both getting a lot more attention. Simashev in particular is getting "best D in the draft" billing on couple recent lists. On the other hand, it seems like Sandin Pellikka is falling back a little bit. The talk around him is decidedly quieter in the last few weeks. I'm really interested to see Bob's final list in a week or however long it takes to come out.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Bob is revealing the top 32 people on his list on TV now with an additional 64 coming out later today I believe.

EDIT: list here

https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/1671910978705846273?t=jP4991aFRzurmibJHJA2nA&s=19

whatis fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 22, 2023

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Benson being placed around 10 is real interesting. As much as I want Buffalo to pick a defenseman, if he's still on the board at 13 he's too good to pass up IMO. I think that kid is gonna be good

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
im not gonna lie i think fantilli is overrated and the fact that he's now on the blue jackets basically assures he's gonna fall flat on his face

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i can't believe that reporter asked him to sing the fresh prince theme song and he did it. he hesitated hard too. trust your instincts kid

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
that's two world class cringe moments in back to back picks. this draft is delivering

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
it's times like these that i miss tim murray

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
drat that's the guy i wanted buffalo to pick at #13

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
simashev is raw but he legit looks like he could be a loving beast. i figured if arizona was going to swing on him they'd do it at 12 though, not 6

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1674209751637319687

we'll see what happens. vancouver has #10 and buffalo #13

edit: oops, van has #11

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
there's like 3 people still on the board that i didn't think would be available. no idea what buffalo is gonna do

edit: i'll guess they take savoie's linemate and go with benson

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
drat i'm good

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
buffalo has two 2nd round picks. hoping they package them to move back into the first to take musty

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
bill guerin is becoming a fat poo poo

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/Matt_Bove/status/1674217659397812224

the sabres drafted a loving carney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i like musty a lot