Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I forget that Alex Galchenyuk was even still in the league, but lol that he had 0 pts and -8 in 11 games for the Avs (presumably when everyone else was dead), PPG in the AHL regular season, then 0G 3A in 7 AHL playoff games. In fact he has 2 goals in his last 35 playoff games going back to 2015.

... and yet he's still the best pick in that 2009-2015 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Szechwan posted:

Roman Kukumberg

Goddamn that's a blast from the past. I hope the Leafs draft this very creatively-named son of the all-time Toronto great.

(for those unaware, Roman Kukumberg Sr. was like Toronto's Jiri Dopita, except he only scored 8 points in 54 career games in the AHL)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I really don't understand the Russian development model where the best rookies either demolish the MHL or get 4 minutes per game for the KHL's better teams but I guess it works just not for defensemen at all.

(yeah I guess some play in the VHL a lot but scouts are never impressed by good results there)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I hope the Habs fail to find a worthwhile deal to move down and settle on taking oh say Tom Willander #5.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Unless Putin puts his thumb on the scale then welp

Besides that, Kaprizov took 5 years post-draft to actually come over (and yes he was a 5th round pick but he was widely acknowledged as a top prospect by the time he was 20). That's longer than many (most?) GM tenures.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

eXXon posted:

I hope the Habs fail to find a worthwhile deal to move down and settle on taking oh say Tom Willander #5.

Good enough for me.

Sucks that everyone ahead let Michkov to to the loving Flyes though.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

mennoknight posted:

I'm manifesting Matthew Wood to calgary its on my dream vision board

lol.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Take I dunno Cristall or whoever has the most points so the largely useless NHLe thing will say he'll be a surefire star.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/Jerome_Berube/status/1674240322224676864

Love some of these scouting reports... can play on the 4th line... is a hockey player...

Anyway it seems like he was good in the playoffs but so was Fraser Minten last year and he doesn't seem to have progressed much since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well he is apparently good enough to play in the NCAA next season. When was the last time a random GTA high school player was drafted, let alone turned into anything?