Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I was bored and went over the past 20 years of Montreal's first round draft picks and boy, it's bleak. Not always the pick themselves, but what's been done with them.

2022: Juraj Slafkovsky. Too early to tell.
2021: Logan Mailloux. gently caress off.
2020: Kaiden Guhle. Actually a great pick if he keeps on going like he has been.
2019: Cole Caufield. Homerun.
2018: Jesperi Kotkaniemi. Lost to a perfidious act of revenge.
2017: Ryan Poehling... lol
2016: Mikhail Sergachev Great pick. They somehow turned that into Jonathan Drouin.
2015: Noah Juulsen.... WHO???? Can barely stay in the NHL.
2014: Nikita Scherbak 6 NHL goals and then back to the Euro leagues.
2013: Michael McCarron. Whatever dude.
2012: Alex Galchenyuk. Oof.
2011: Nathan Beaulieu. Oof again.
2010: Jarred Tinordi. Good thing they didn't pick Evgeny Kuznetsov.
2009: Louis Leblanc. I don't want to talk about this.
2008: No Pick. They decided to get rid of this pick 'cause they REALLY wanted One Middling Season Of Alex Tanguay. The Canadiens' next pick was Danny Kristo... WHO?
2007: Ryan McDonagh. Hmm. You know what would be even better? Scott Gomez. Go for it, Bob.
2006: David Fischer. Not a single NHL game. To make things worse, the pick right after is one of hockey's best names in a while: BOBBY SANGUINETTI
2005: My Beautiful Carey, I Miss You So Much
2004: Kyle Chipchura lmao
2003: Andrei Kostitsyn Fine. Whatever.
2002: Chris Higgins Sure why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

eXXon posted:

I forget that Alex Galchenyuk was even still in the league, but lol that he had 0 pts and -8 in 11 games for the Avs (presumably when everyone else was dead), PPG in the AHL regular season, then 0G 3A in 7 AHL playoff games. In fact he has 2 goals in his last 35 playoff games going back to 2015.

... and yet he's still the best pick in that 2009-2015 range.

It's really loving embarassing.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

AntiDepressor posted:

Looks like a down year for rad names. I know Quentin Musty is expected to go in the first round, and it looks like there’s a dude named Matthew Mania in the 2nd/3rd. But it doesn’t seem like the usual bumper crop of names among the Aidens and the Kaydens.

Oliver Bonk ain't too bad.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

Connor Bedard is gonna bring the lessons that he learned playing for Team Canada to Chicago (how to play well enough to cover up an enormous sexual assault scandal)

Some experience is just too valuable

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

fancy stats posted:

i am terrified

yep

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Has he ever looked like he hasn't either just stopped crying or was about to cry?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

AntiDepressor posted:

Don’t gently caress it up

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Surprised he didn't become a wrestler.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Habs draft Arber Xhekaj's little brother. haha ok why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU