Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
2012 was a really bad draft. A few great goaltenders (and Matt Murray), some dependable defenders, but almost nothing for forwards. There's Forsberg, Hertl, Teravainen, and then maybe Tom Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I am a Ducks fan and very sad that we did not get Bedard.

Please tell me Fantilli is a good consolation prize

Emetic Hustler posted:

Fantilli would be #1 if no Bedard in the draft. From what they say he is also a franchise center and really really good. Has a size too.

IIRC, Fantilli would be the number one pick from the last few drafts, too. One of the reasons why it paid to be bad this season, was because even if you missed out on Bedard, Fantilli is right there. And then you have Michkov/Carlsson/Smith as great consolation prizes.

Before last season, I thought Anaheim was set-up pretty well for the future with Zegras and Drysdale, to go along with some other nice pieces (Terry, McTavish, along with some other good prospects). Now they are adding Fantilli? Wow.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

pseudodragon posted:

If Michov wasn't Russian he'd be right up there with Fantilli with Winger vs. Center being the crux of the debate. From what all the scouts say, Michov is the only one even close to Bedard.

You’re right. My problem with Michkov is that I mentally put him below Fantilli because no one thinks he’s going to be drafted that high because of Russia.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I will be surprised when the Sharks skip Michkov. Feels like they are the type of team that can afford to wait on his talent. I mean, it's not a huge drop from Michkov to either Carlsson or Smith, but Michkov is just that much better as a prospect.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

In Wheeler's latest mock, he has Will Smith going to Columbus. He also has Michkov going to Philly.

Yes, I realize mocks are all useless. Just thought this was interesting because I figured Carlsson was a lock to go to Columbus, and that Michkov was dropping to Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

FootballFreak2 posted:

I do not care about the predators

Yes, but enough about the league’s response to Chicago.