Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This film could have been huge if it wasn't so... bad. Like it's not BAD, but it's bad. If it was done well, it might have made tankgirl a bigger thing in pop-culture, because everyone wanted it. Lori Petty did a great job and was a great choice for the lead, but it's one of those movies that just didnt work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

like a lot of things from that era, people had the idea that a fun cool hip alternative edgy cultural thing existed and we were all totally laughing along with it, it was just off camera off course and you can’t see or talk to it but TRUSTME it’s awesome

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

thin blue whine posted:

the people upset over this take are outing themselves as having seen Barb Wire

The only thing I really remember about that movie was just how tortuously bad they had to have the villain set up his pre death line so that Pamela could respond with "Don't call me Babe!" IIRC he decided just before killing her that the situation reminded him of his favorite Sonny and Cher song, I Got You Babe.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tank girl is fun to kick back and have a few beers while watching

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I've never seen Tank Girl, but the Joan Jett version of "Let's Do It" owns

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Better than trying to get through a movie made in the 80s and having to accept sexual assault as a plot device.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tank girl is so good, so gay, and also really good + gay

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I remember watching some of barb wire when I was in second grade cuz there was boobs in it. I don’t actually remember the movie or if there were boobs, I just remember that being the exact reason it went into the vcr

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I could have sworn Lori Petty was in a Star Trek episode, I had to check IMDB, it was Voyager, S5 E13.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I mostly remember her from that classic episode on risa, "point break."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

I remember renting it in fourth grade and being disappointed. Sort of the same feeling that I got with Mars Attacks!