Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

Huh, Mars Express is still trucking on after 20 years. And looking into it 2001 Mars Odyssey is also still doing science in orbit around Mars and is two years older. Pretty cool seeing two old timer probes going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

dr_rat posted:

Like seriously, how many people would even have to be involved in that sort of cover up. From what I can tell of what the conspiracy theorists believe it sounds like at least 10'000. No way they're all keeping something like "holy poo poo aliens are real and I study an alien space craft at my work every day, how awesome is that!!!".

But isn't massive part of UFO lore that people are constantly leaking this info from within the conspiracy? So people like Bob Lazar going 'holy poo poo aliens are real, i've studied alien space craft at work every day' might be an obvious con to us, but for true believers he's exactly the proof they need. So yeah, it's impossible to keep something like that a secret, and true believers will agree. Because it's the reason this lore and supposed details from UFO conspiracies exist in the first place!

Mirage Men was a fun book!