Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The season is over. Congrats to man city on finally killing football forever after only a couple of attempts. Commiserations to relegated sides. Luton are in the prem next season which is still crazy.

What are you doing while we wait for football to come back? Personally I'm going to watch the ashes and pretend last season didn't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I have a summer of watching the hated Max Verstappen win every race he enters

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
may i recommend the thrills of j-league

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

may i recommend the thrills of j-league

:sickos: :japan: hell yes J-League and MLS, it’s time for bad soccer summer baybee

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the j-league has kept streaming four games a week on its youtube for countries without any j-league tv fyi

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Urawa are three times ACL champions, so get in on them.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

J league superfan right here

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i don't really follow a club in particular but i like sagan tosu's kits

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Which team did Wenger manage? I support them now.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
gamba osaka

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
TRP to be renamed the J-League Joint

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

where my yokohama m plastics at

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
As an Australian I am obliged to support whichever team Ange Postecoglou managed

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Vissel Kobe from the Lakers

Now that's paper

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Someone make a "who should you support based on x/y/z sequence for jleague

Personally I only like bad teams

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

phowwaar-san

https://youtu.be/ZVdNqaN4cP8

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Remembering this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpxQP_mQu7E

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa's CEO has stood down, bar the Gerrard appointment I think he did a great job. Championship to European football under his tenure. Going to be an interesting summer for Villa I think.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

What are you doing while we wait for football to come back? Personally I'm going to watch the ashes and pretend last season didn't happen

I will be watching the tour de france as i complete my transition into a boring middle aged person, and I will love it

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Guardiola to leave in summer 2025, apparently
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/12/pep-guardiola-plans-leave-manchester-city-two-years-end-of-contract

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

UnderFreddy posted:

I'll support whoever is currently employing that one striker who's like 65 years old

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
iniesta is still at vissel kobe for one last season

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Urawa are three times ACL champions, so get in on them.

Urawa’s ultras did a racism a few times and are otherwise rowdy, tread lightly.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i don't really follow a club in particular but i like sagan tosu's kits

Fernando Torres lived in Saga, the world is very funny sometimes.

Thanks Ants posted:

Which team did Wenger manage? I support them now.

Nagoya Grampus

emjayo posted:

where my yokohama m plastics at

Nissan Stadium is impressive, but City Football Group :frown:

webmeister posted:

As an Australian I am obliged to support whichever team Ange Postecoglou managed

That was Yokohama Marinos, last year’s champ.

vyelkin posted:

I'll support whoever is currently employing that one striker who's like 65 years old

King Kazu moved to a team in the Portuguese second (?) division, for a long time he was at Yokohama FC.

UnderFreddy posted:

I can try to put an effort post in the J-League thread.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

I'm going to post "we weren't in the MLS at 35" and similar memes under every twitter post even vaguely related to football

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

What are you doing while we wait for football to come back?

amphetamines, mostly

maybe some gardening

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

women's world cup mate

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/12/carlo-ancelotti-suing-everton-in-high-court-manager-real-madrid

quote:

Carlo Ancelotti, the Real Madrid coach and former manager of Everton, is suing the Premier League club in London’s high court.

The move appears to be the latest blow to Everton, who have endured a series of financial struggles in recent years including a continuing three-year effort to raise funds to complete the building of their new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Ancelotti’s lawyers filed the coach’s claim against his former employers late on Friday, according to court records. It relates to “general commercial contracts and arrangements” and is listed to be heard in the commercial court.

There were no further details provided about the basis of Ancelotti’s claim, which has kicked off two years after he left Goodison after an 18-month spell. Ancelotti’s lawyers said they had no comment. Everton have not returned the Guardian’s calls requesting comment.

i wonder what kind of insane promises they made to him before he decided to bin them for real madrid

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tristeham posted:

women's world cup mate

Thankfully preseason friendlies and UEFA club competition preliminary rounds will have started by then.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gently caress the jleague, j2s where its at, if u havent attended a j2 game in the last fortnight u just aint cool

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Frankston posted:

Villa's CEO has stood down, bar the Gerrard appointment I think he did a great job. Championship to European football under his tenure. Going to be an interesting summer for Villa I think.

He did a great job but the Gerrard appointment was the beginning of the end imo. Once he bottled that I don’t think there was a way for him to get full trust of the board back.

Villa need a sporting director. They have that dude from the sixers to run Making Money but I don’t think Emery can do all the football stuff himself.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
villa are getting monchi

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

villa are getting monchi

He's finally returning to football after the ITV Digital collapse?
https://youtu.be/j7zXTxaExJI

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Have a bunch of sexy shirtless men:

Grealish stumbling drunk off the plane:

https://twitter.com/StokeyyG2/status/1668220777471135753?s=20

Grealish leading the singing in the changing room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EfNZJ8Bu3k

Grealish being a pisshead:

https://twitter.com/433/status/1668323083852054539?s=20

(apparently this is from this morning outside a hotel in Ibiza, where half the squad jetted on Sunday for an all-nighter before flying back today for the parade)

Technoviking:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1668334961483739137?s=20

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 13, 2023

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Villa need a sporting director. They have that dude from the sixers to run Making Money but I don’t think Emery can do all the football stuff himself.

they already have one. Theyre gonna have two now apparently

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
genuinely surprised grealish is still alive

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

amphetamines, mostly

maybe some gardening

Gardening on amphetamines is where it's at, bro. Those weeds won't stand a chance.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I hate almost everything about Man City winning a treble or anything at all really…….except for grealish having a good time. He’s just so pure

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

FullLeatherJacket posted:

amphetamines, mostly

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
only jack should be allowed to keep his winner's medal

https://twitter.com/BernardoCSilva/status/1668353358384488453?t=ebT8EZQHJJWNEpXN77ulGw&s=19

https://twitter.com/ariellec/status/1668452438511173632?t=tYBZs1jN_WC2goWWvFACRA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I am of the age where I was in the last year of secondary school when Man United won the league, and given Arsenal (like this year) blew the league I got a fair amount of ribbing and then boasting from Man United Fans about the treble and them being the best team in the world and the best way of summarising it is: acting like complete cunts.

I have had some schadenfreude this last week with Man United fans being bitter about it, and I am happy to continue to enjoy the pain and suffering until the league starts up in August.