Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ozmunkeh posted:

I remember flying from Luton to, I think, Grenoble like 25 years ago to go skiing. We got there super early and the airport was basically closed. hosed up my neck from falling asleep on a table for a few hours so I hope they get relegated. Well that’s my Luton story. Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. Hit that little bell to get notified, patreon link in the description.

Yeah I'd rather walk to a holiday then fly from Luton again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

He's an international drug trafficker and organized crime kingpin. Not that you could tell by looking at him...

Feel like this is where I both bring out neon “ALLEGEDLY” signs, and also point out that shipping is the family business. Ahem.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bumhead posted:

Simply looking at this man brings me more joy than looking at any other Premier League chairman.

His chin looks like a gorilla’s butt.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Shrapnig posted:

He's an international drug trafficker and organized crime kingpin.

If you put that description into an AI image generator, he'd come out looking exactly like he actually does.

Fair play to him for just going direct. He could have found an animated halloween mask to act as a middle ground like Newcastle's lot.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ozmunkeh posted:

I remember flying from Luton to, I think, Grenoble like 25 years ago to go skiing. We got there super early and the airport was basically closed. hosed up my neck from falling asleep on a table for a few hours so I hope they get relegated. Well that’s my Luton story. Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. Hit that little bell to get notified, patreon link in the description.

Luton Airport has a shuttle train service from the station to the airport, it goes nowhere else so the only people on there would be people using the airport, and they loving charge £4.90 each way per person for the 2.1km journey.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

suddenly feeling better about my sack race prediction that Steve Cooper would be the first to go

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If he just disappears then does that count as a sacking

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Thanks Ants posted:

Sure, a sack tied to a cinder block at the bottom of the Trent counts

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Thanks Ants posted:

Luton Airport has a shuttle train service from the station to the airport, it goes nowhere else so the only people on there would be people using the airport, and they loving charge £4.90 each way per person for the 2.1km journey.

Broken Britain.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Same rule applies if Eddie Howe gets a free mid season holiday to Istanbul and it's vibrant embassy district

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dudley posted:

I can confirm Luton exists to the extent it has ever existed.

as a town servicing a cuckoo egg airport?

you don't have to be in London to be a London airport but they're not a London airport

tune in next week when I discuss goddamn Southend-on-sea, where the clue is in the loving name

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If we're doing poo poo "London" airports then Stansted is also one

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

as a town servicing a cuckoo egg airport?

you don't have to be in London to be a London airport but they're not a London airport

tune in next week when I discuss goddamn Southend-on-sea, where the clue is in the loving name

If I check and that isn't their slogan I am going to be very upset.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Is there a Something Awful fantasy league? Just had a quick scan to see if I can find one but can’t, unless I’ve missed it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no but i'd join if someone started one

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I think all the fantasy stuff goes in the Armchair Quarterback now, but doesn't look like there's been any football ones for a while

looks like someone did a draft one in the past, though, which might be more fun than just everyone immediately making Haaland captain

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
tbh I think the armchair quarterback was set up in the days of mega forums traffic and every mdt being filled with 9001 'need player x to get some assists!!!' posts. The FIFA thread is just 4 guys still playing ultimate team and doing so many trades ea closed their accounts for suspicious activity

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I don’t see the problem with Luton airport vs other airports, they’re all hellscapes you have to hang around in for a while. The best of them is still like being in a shopping mall with more security.

Maybe the budget airlines that fly out of there skew things a bit as there’s no one flying 1st class to the US to sell stuff to.

Regardless, the airport is the only reason to go near Luton.

I think all the fantasy stuff goes in the Armchair Quarterback now, but doesn't look like there's been any football ones for a while

looks like someone did a draft one in the past, though, which might be more fun than just everyone immediately making Haaland captain

Draft doesn’t work for premier league imo unless you have only about 5 people playing - unlike the NFL there aren’t major injuries every week, there aren’t any decent ‘free agents’ so it’s just decided on initial luck of the draw. It’s also an extra team to manage, whereas normal FPL is just the same team across every league.

Everyone captaining Haaland is bad, the league being decided by who gets to draft him first is worse.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Luton's probably the most soulless place I lived, it's the only place where I can't think of a single good thing to say about any of it. Just had nothing going for it at all.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Luton airport terminal doesn't have enough toilets, my Viz Top Tip is to follow the signs to gates 30-43 and use the bathrooms there which aren't signposted from the main terminal area

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Things are going swimmingly in Wolverhampton
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1687343950896533504?t=ww34-y1AQkRRDiFWLVHkjQ&s=19

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

every season for 10 years my teams have been entered automatically to the trp league, giving me access to posters' real names enabling me to doxx them with ease for saying positive things about sheffield united. sadly that seems to be all over now because of gdpr or what have you

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1687138456571453446

Vimto
Sep 11, 2001
Manchester City F.C
Don't ushited always win the fantasy league, and if I remember, don't Livershit always come second on skyspotrtsnews channel based on ethics and monetary discretion/not having a coloured owner? I only read simon stone on the BBc.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

This is the fantasy league where you get points for Southampton's left-back doing an assist, not the fantasy league that you keep in your head of who would definitely totally be top of the league if the referees weren't both crooked and incompetent in equal measure

or the Mark Lawrenson results predicting contest, where he once lost to Hulk Hogan despite Hogan having very obviously never watched a soccer game in his life and picking a bunch of 10-0 scorelines

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol if you think the hulkster was doing the job to some nobody like lawro

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Goodnight LAWROMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don’t know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, marks

- Mark Lawrenson

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

very funny because Takes Set Pieces Man is like if you formulated the perfect David Moyes player in a laboratory and his team got relegated and West Ham just lost their top midfielder and need to replace him, so of course the club refuse to sign him

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Very confused by what the West Ham strategy is

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
bold to assume there is one

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All the young talented midfielders lining up to sign for west ham (not pictured)

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Thanks Ants posted:

Every pound they don't spend is one pound that David Sullivan gets to keep

They're currently 4-0 down to Leverkusen, but that's probably nothing to worry about

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

All the young talented midfielders lining up to sign for west ham (not pictured)

Apparently, a deal for Edson Alvarez is on

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1687740473367224320?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Thanks Ants posted:

"Well Declan Rice was holding us back you see"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/04/west-ham-close-in-on-alvarez-while-ward-prowse-deal-appears-stalled

Frustration is mounting over the lack of incomings at West Ham, who are still waiting for their first summer signing. Business has been slow since the appointment of Steidten last month and there has been growing uncertainty around Moyes’s future as the club’s manager.

The tension owes to Steidten and Moyes disagreeing over targets, with West Ham looking for two midfielders, a left-back, a left winger and a centre-back following the £105m sale of Declan Rice to Arsenal.

The pair have different visions over the team’s development. Moyes wants proven Premier League players but his move for Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse has stalled because of opposition from Steidten over the fee for the midfielder. West Ham are unwilling to go above £30m for Ward-Prowse and are seeking a compromise with Southampton, who could take Flynn Downes as part of a deal for the 28-year-old. Steidten has struggled to convince Moyes to push for Monaco’s Youssouf Fofana.

Suggestions that Moyes could quit have been played down by insiders. Sources at the club want Moyes and Steidten to have a productive working relationship and believe that the mood will improve once new players arrive. However, it is understood that a managerial change is a significant possibility if West Ham start the season badly.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
no way moyes lasts a month

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I feel like Steiden’s strategy will ultimately pay off when they’re relegated and forced to sell off all their senior players and have to rely on youth

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I've only seen that Fofana a couple times but he looked pretty good

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

brocked posted:

I've only seen that Fofana a couple times but he looked pretty good

yeah he'll be fine for the pl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Wazzerphuk posted:

Every pound they don't spend is one pound that David Sullivan gets to keep

They're currently 4-0 down to Leverkusen, but that's probably nothing to worry about

Leverkusen are enjoying it at least
https://twitter.com/bayer04_en/status/1687815691930304518