Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Traditional Games: where Charisma is a dump stat

whydirt posted:

Trad Games: You wouldn’t download a game, would you?

One of these, surely!

EDIT: Ah, perfect for the new page :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The most posts about stat growths

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lemon-Lime posted:

We're not a Video Games subforum so we shouldn't have a tagline that references video games. :colbert:
Games: ^^^call these guys Video Games we were here first

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The oldest game is probably the sport of wrestling, so the wrestling forum should be called Games.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The oldest game is probably the sport of wrestling, so the wrestling forum should be called Games.

Traditional Pankratos: No not god of war.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

whydirt posted:

Trad Games: You wouldn’t download a game, would you?

Going with this one! I put in the request.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In addition to suggestions and feedback, this is a community thread, and TG secret santa is a long-standing tradition of this community. This week is the last week to sign up for the main round of trad games secret santa! This is the 19th year SA's TG goons will have an organized secret santa.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

But what about Secret Krampus.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xiahou Dun posted:

We're supposed to be friends

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

if you run a Secret Krampus, I'll participate

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Ugly mug exchange, except it's the most horrific/criminal material you can craft a bespoke d20 out of to trade with another highly despicable die.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I mostly just did that as a seasonal joke, but I kind of love the idea of people exchanging bizarre/questionable nerd paraphernalia, as a shadowy counterpoint to Secret Santa.

I probably have some random rear end nonsense from back when TSR was thing I’d be happy to send someone.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Beautiful Tradgames Object Exchange, where we all send each other stuff that's too weird and/or incompetent to ever get play

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
*sending out professionally bound printouts of FATAL*

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Splicer posted:

*sending out professionally bound printouts of FATAL*

... Bound in what, exactly

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Heath posted:

... Bound in what, exactly

Roll 6d1000 and consult the table on page 432 to find out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kurieg posted:

Roll 6d1000 and consult the table on page 432 to find out.
Now turn to page 512 to roll for adhesive.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
"You write a thank-you note to your Secret Krampus for that 1985 Avalon Hill game catalog right now, young lady!"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I believe these are what hobbits call mathoms

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kind of weird question but is there a 'Find a Dungeons and Dragons online group with other goons thread"?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yes! You want the Goons Seeking Games: TG Livegame Contact Thread, which includes live online games, such as via discord and virtual tabletops.
You can also keep an eye on the TG Game Recruitment Megathread, where goons recruit for play-by-post games, and sometimes also discord type online games.

It is OK to post that you are looking for a game as a player, in either of those places.

For future reference, there is also the Thread for Threads and Thread Ideas thread which is the best thread for asking if there is a thread for a particular thing, in TG.

All three of the above threads are stickied, but their titles may not have been sufficiently descriptive. Sorry about that!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

There are too many stickied threads. Please remove 3 or more immediately. PS I am not a crank.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm.

Well, TG secret Santa will get de-stickied by the 12th. We could probably combine and reboot the new game announcement and mafia game announcement and maybe the goons seeking goons threads, since they're all far lower traffic than they were when they were launched, years ago. And I'm not sure if the chat thread needs to be stickied? It'd probably always be on the first page anyway...

What do other people think? Is it high time we de-stuck some things?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You can also kill the gang tag thread sticky. Just link it from the rules post or the OP of this thread if you want people to be able to find it easily.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah that's a good point, I don't think a lot of people are buying themselves gang tags

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

We can probably desticky the chat thread and the gangtags thread. I'd say leave the new game announcements and goons seeking goons threads as their own thing, since they have different functions, but we might be able to combine the Mafia and PbP announcement thread since they both seem low-traffic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

whoops wrong thread

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 9, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm sorry, can you please point me to the boobies

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I did not mean to post that here, yikes

dwarf74