Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Communist Thoughts posted:

LOL believe me I have gathered you guys don't like AI art but I don't care, just wanna know what the actual rule is

What I gathered from these rules and

Antivehicular posted:

This is the intent of the rule, yes. It's specifically based on the example posted in the previous thread of mostly handmade Blood Bowl assets that included a generated team logo, but where there's still been a lot of work put in by the poster manually. What we don't want people to post is just straight dumps of "I had ChatGPT make a dungeon" or "here's my new PC portrait from Midjourney" or whatever when there's no human creative work done.

was that, you post it but you just don't mention the small parts as AI generated because when you do it turns into a whole thing with some people like what's happening right here when you're just trying to ask for clarification of a rule. And then you got 8 pages of people blowing up instead of talking about blood bowl.

Just what I got from reading it, though. Posting mostly to see if I understand things right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Fajita Queen posted:

And the only discussion that should be necessary regarding AI use in games is "Dont do it, it's wildly unethical" which is why we have a problem with this in the first place.

We know you think this. We just had a thread about it. Not everybody agrees.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Terrible Opinions posted:

You can see how all of these words are building the same characterization. ravenkult was not literally saying "they're using the bad word over and over again" but the constant assurance that any desire to see less ai art must be motivated by some sort of over the top irrational emotion. Fixating on the word is obviously not the point.

No one (as far as I know) cares about anyone wanting to not see AI art. Which is why no one (who does AI art, at least) has any big problem with the new rules and they're just here looking for clarification.

My post specifically was from what I was getting at actually happening. A person posted some stuff in the AI thread about some stuff they had been toying with in one of their favorite fantasy-scifi settings. Entirely just an "I like this setting and I think this is neat" thing. They then got used in another thread as fodder for people to absolutely poo poo on their work, about how soulless and horrible it was (and how it is representative of the medium as a whole.) For any other medium that would be seen as a lovely thing to do.

So, Christ, yes? It is very hard to be motivated to post about AI stuff outside of AI spaces, because it doesn't matter what you're doing or even what your argument is there is an extremely vocal minority (and that minority isn't just "artists") that we can even see here that will come at you with this "you're wrong, this is the worst thing ever, and the reason it is is because I say it is." Most of would never have any desire to do so anyway regardless, this whole thing started from one person in a very general topic mentioning it once. It happens every time, no one is surprised by this. Isn't that what you want? For us to post in the AI threads and not go talking about it in other places?