Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

kas posted:

Counterpoint, you can just ignore the containment thread and get on with your life.

I agree, I've been having a remarkable level of success by using this method! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

e. no, there is no world in which the SA admins ban or permaban a poster for liking Kingdom Death: Monster. Since that's obviously what you're referring to.

hahaha love it - you've gotta get up pretty early in the morning to slip anything past Leperflesh, MN! :D (Also drat, dwarf clearly has some serious pull with Fluff - best not cross him!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

So what I'm taking away from this is that "Toshimo is an rear end in a top hat but he isn't wrong" is, in fact, wrong, and probably should not be considered a great defense of his posting habits.

:hmmyes: You might be onto something, there!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Thanks. Shall we draw a line under this topic? Message received about slanting moderation more towards visible probes rather than less visible forum management, and I'm always happy to get pms if you think reports are being ignored (I can't guarantee I'll agree with you, but I'll listen)

Sounds good to me too, personally. Not sure why the old Prada Slut issues needed to be brought up again, since the situation regarding them has improved somewhat. (Also, didn't Mayveena leave the BG thread because of some perceived slight by the mods, for 'overstepping' on her jurisdiction as BG thread IK? Or am I misremembering? Since I don't recall PS having anything to do with that, really... I could very well be wrong, though)
But yeah, either way it sounds like a good plan to me. Just uh, don't unleash any ants in my house, please!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

six hour probations aren't even necessarily "punishments" lol they're frequently just a way to stop threads from going off track when there's a fight.

they aren't some kind of serious tool of accountability, and the worst thing to do is to treat it as some really grave thing, because it makes people less likely to use them. it's a button that says "go outside and cool off".

True, a 6er isn't a big deal at all, to get people to cool off for a bit. I agree that they should be handed out more than they are. But also,

ilmucche posted:

a sixer for every PM and documenting every PM is a terrible idea

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Glad to see dwarf74 get some recognition! Congrats (and also, my condolences) :toot:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Goodbye, clean rap sheet! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Traditional Games: where Charisma is a dump stat

whydirt posted:

Trad Games: You wouldn’t download a game, would you?

One of these, surely!

EDIT: Ah, perfect for the new page :D