Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

ravenkult posted:

The entire AI thread in TG is currently going "lol those IDIOT MORON LUDDITES in the feedback thread suck poo poo" but you don't see me being a tattletale.
Then report those posts.

I took a look to see what you're talking about, but the past page or so seems fine...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Fajita Queen posted:

Hey can one of you guys ban the racist guy who popped up in the Magic thread, thanks

That's not a thread I IK or even read but I don't think anyone would object. Thanks.

Edit - all I can personally give are 6ers, so I did. I'm requesting more.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 2, 2023

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

The racist has been permabanned.

:cheers:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, folks.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I admit I was shooting for the moon on the perma request, but I'm glad the admins saw the same priors that I did, lol

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Man, either the threads I IK are too mellow, or I'm just not reading the right threads.

Or maybe people are all quaking in fear of me.

Idk.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Control Volume posted:

You, specifically, are one of the many reasons I dont post in this forum anymore. You dont get to act like saner moderation wouldnt toss your rancid rear end out at the first opportunity.
Really? I think she has vastly improved her posting and reduced her online aggro levels over the last few years.

But again, maybe I'm just in the kinder, gentler threads.

Edit - :ironicat: oops

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 13, 2023

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
If we could all keep this topical for mod feedback, instead of hashing out personal grudges against people who aren't mods or IKs, that would be great.

This is a trad games forum. The stakes for most of us are low. Mods should, imo, feel totally free to tone police the gently caress out of the forum, because most of these arguments are about petty nerd poo poo.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it is also low stakes. a 6 hour probation isnt something which needs too much explanation and nobody should think it is a big deal.
"Should" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here, unfortunately.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It's fine to report one post as part of a pattern. Then follow up with a PM if you need to explain more.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Simply Simon posted:

The result is that over three pages there can be three different discussions going on, and people either ignore most of the posts and just quote alongside each other, or - worse - respond to a convo where they are not the target group but don't realize it.
I think you're just describing Something Awful dot Com.

Having big megathreads means there's going to be multiple conversations happening at once, quite a lot.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Arivia posted:

Hey dwarf74 here's some feedback: hitting a bunch of us with sixers for discussing the current issue (a lack of moderation in Trad Games and how it creates problems) using examples is lovely as gently caress.
The past few posts between you two had veered well away from the topic at hand, and into rehashing the old argument. This was to stop it before it took over the thread, which in my judgment was where it was heading - particularly with the extra goon putting in their two cents on the same topic.

If the tg forum wants mods and IKs to hand down more quick 6ers, and wants us to make more judgment calls, this is what it looks like. I stand by it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Fajita Queen posted:

The even funnier thing is that dwarf74 is still correct
I'd make this the thread title if this wasn't a feedback thread.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Arivia posted:

Okay. So can I get an apology for this bullshit you’ve put me through at least? I’m willing to leave it there if you/dwarf74 are willing to admit you misread me.
No. I stand by it.

Even if I have read you wrong, I stand by the judgment call I made with what I was seeing at the time.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'd personally like it if the thread stopped dogpiling on Arivia. Please move on. It has gone on long enough. No apologies will be forthcoming, and she has indicated she's done with the sub.

I'd like to consider this particular topic closed and move on, except as it relates to moderation in general rather than one poster or incident in specific.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

Can you please confirm that Arivia is actually banned from posting in TG? Otherwise the topic of the moderation team failing to act over this specific poster being toxic for years isn't actually resolved, because there's absolutely nothing stopping her from continuing to post here.
6ers are the best I can hand out, and that's goin super well. :ghost: I'm not a mod or admin. That's between them and her - or just her, I suppose.

I was genuine when I said, yesterday(!), that I thought she was improving a lot over the past few years. It's egg on my face, now, and super ironic, in retrospect.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

rodbeard posted:

Just posted this in SAD yesterday. Guess who I was referring to? Looking back it seems I gave up on TG 4 years ago. I know you want to move on from talking about Arivia but I want to know why you allowed her behavior to continue for years?

Yeah basically this. Every extra chance you gave Arivia was at the expense of everyone else.
So I am just an IK. I am not part of mod/admin conversations except in small doses. I certainly wasn't four years ago. And I posted this just loving yesterday

dwarf74 posted:

Really? I think [Arivia] has vastly improved her posting and reduced her online aggro levels over the last few years.
Now clearly - in retrospect - this was the dumbest loving thing I've ever posted, and I own that. But it was sincere at the time, just me talking as a normal poster without any access to backstage poo poo - reports, drama, etc. It really seemed like a huge turnaround from my limited perspective. I was, quite obviously, very wrong.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Tekopo posted:

if I get a cool-off sixer that ruins my perfect, spotless, 15-year old rap sheet, i'm declaring vendetta on that mod, admin, or ik
You can't post poo poo like that, man!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hypnobeard posted:

Congrats, you poor, poor bastard.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Terrorditional Games

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Traditional Games: (don't worry it's mostly online, now, too.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

(with minor edits) These are my top three right now

I love the bottom two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

HootTheOwl posted: