Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

PurpleXVI posted:

Copyright infringement can hoover my nuts, but theft I do actually care about, and conflating the two is something that only people who care about copyright infringement want you to do.

I'll still call you a dork, though. There's no safety from that.

More to the point, arguably stuff like AVs and the like could be called free advertising for the IP creator, if folks are willing to point them in their direction.

Technically infringement, but it actually helps the owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

kas posted:

Crimes for thee, but not for me!

A huge lol at a bunch of people who gluttonously mass consume products by Hasbro of all companies trying to take the high road on ethical consumption of products.

Ah yes, compensating the artist for their product in 'exposure'. Something that has never been used to justify exploiting creatives historically.

Someone might commission an artist from that, there is zero chance of someone commissioning an artist from an AI output.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm not patronizing you at all. I don't think you're a luddite, I think you're self-interested. About 15 years ago the Internet granted a whole bunch of artists a revenue stream and now it's going to pair it down for a lot of them just as quickly. It does, in fact, suck.

I think you overestimate the bubble, and underestimate the chances of the law and countertraining and folks just loving hating this crap kicking these folk's poo poo in.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIBgv8uOpE

More seriously, effort does not mean quality and can often be used to waste your time.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 13, 2023

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Yeah, this isn't the industry bullshit thread where being enraged at the latest idiocy or horror is a normal reaction, show some respect for the dead.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

There's no shortage of actual shitbags in this sector where gravedancing is appropriate, and this isn't one!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I don't have the slightest clue where this stuff about hostility comes from; frankly, it's making a mountain out of a molehill that could be solved with anything from a 7 to a 30 and be done with.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Sickening posted:

Should Toshimo be probed or even banned for going that hard in the paint? Yes and either have its merits I think nobody would fault anyone for either. I haven't look at what Toshimo has said recently, but I assume even they would eventually agree to as much.

Should Toshimo get a threadban? No. We are talking about a poster, among many, who have posted for more than a decade. Toshimo has been probed like twice a year for 12 years of posting. This isn't prolific or even noteworthy.

Dealing with an obvious post more quickly is way preferable to weaponizing petty posting grudges. The thread has been a pleasant place where people can disagree without slap fighting for a while. Why does that need some big overhaul?

Not an emptyquote, what the hell is this nonsense we're seeing here? This is a problem solvable by a 7 to 30 day probe, what in tarnation is this nonsense about carpet bombing probes, or other inane bs?

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 12, 2023

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Then threadban him from magic, because he's generally either chill or appropriate elsewhere if it's not something solvable by a week to month off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Ettin posted:

A big problem with documenting every mod decision publicly is you would have to document every report, and that way madness lies :v:

Not least because reports need to stay anon so that the occasional followings of superstars that get reported and eat a probe don't cause problems, no matter how stupid they are.