Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Framboise posted:

Take the boneheaded histrionics and stuff it, please. Both of you are making some pretty heavy faceplants on the balance beam of mental gymnastics here and I'm not going to humor either of you for it.

A good chunk of PMs I get from LP about reports in the MTG thread are about Toshimo and I usually let them slide because it's because someone got their undies in a bunch because he said something in a hostile or harsh way. Thing is, if I acted every single time someone posts in the MTG thread said something in a hostile or harsh way, I'd be probing half the morons in the thread every couple of days because the thread is, by far, the most overdramatic and fussy thread I can tolerate frequenting, populated by people with the social skills of hungry feral cats. Much of the time, Leperflesh and I agree that the thread should generally deal with poo poo on its own and only step in when it crosses the line.

Toshimo's post this time around is much the same-- what could have been a valid point that not many people would disagree with (myself included) took an unnecessary cruel celebratory turn while a bunch of other people were mourning Sheldon's death. My original thought was to give it a sixer like most others, but it had been generating complaints both here and on Discord-- and on top of that, I've already been kicking around the idea of advocating for stronger probes for people in the thread who already have a stack of sixers (in the same thread, no less) they clearly haven't learned from. So 24 it was, and it's really as simple as that. If mods and admins wanted to push for a ban, that's up to them. I've discussed with Leperflesh before that I don't actually understand why people are allowed to amass pages of probes when anywhere else, someone that annoying would be banned on second or third offense. Feels like you pretty much have to commit an actual crime to get banned for real here tbh.

Both of you are reading way too far into this though and I really suggest taking a breather before posting again.

no you should do this instead:

quote:

Thing is, if I acted every single time someone posts in the MTG thread said something in a hostile or harsh way, I'd be probing half the morons in the thread every couple of days because the thread is, by far, the most overdramatic and fussy thread I can tolerate frequenting, populated by people with the social skills of hungry feral cats.

it really loving sucks to pop into a thread about a game and have it be nothing but aggro posts and occasionally people posting the most unhinged poo poo they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Arivia posted:

We literally never discussed the system issue in question here. I don't know how much more plainly I can say it. Neither of us ever posted "D&D is good/bad for heist scenarios" in this thread. (The third person who stuck their nose in did, but that's not either of the two people having the conversation.)

So I guess I got a sixer because not only are people misreading my tone, but no one can actually be bothered to read the actual words I posted. gently caress!

sebmojo posted:

It is absolutely a fact that the most insane inbox-filling freakouts all come from sixers

Sixer's are an ik/mod/admin going "Hey chill out" and a good acid test for posters who will absolutely not chill out when told.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Arivia posted:

Please show me where in my posts in this thread I was arguing how appropriate D&D was as a heist game. I am being downright gaslit at this point.

I know the current topic in the feedback thread about hostile posting isn't exactly indicative of the rest of TG, but this is a pretty good example of said hostile posting.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Arivia posted:

No. You have just specifically said that “But the feedback thread is not the place to debate whether or not D&D is a good system for heists, and that's the actual argument that you and xiahou seemed to want to have, and dwarf74 was right to put a stop on that.”

So you posting as the forum moderator have defended dwarf74’s probations on those terms. You have explicitly said that I was probed for continuing that argument. You can’t dismiss that now because you can’t find proof for it. This is poo poo.

sebmojo posted:

It is absolutely a fact that the most insane inbox-filling freakouts all come from sixers

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I am walking on eggshells in responding to you, as always, because you'll dissect every word and weaponize it if you possibly can.

Leperflesh please use your buttons on this user and users that post like them in TG thank you

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

The mods/IKs in this thread copped to their mistakes and promise to do better. Until another user goes aggro over cardboard games I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. The Sheldon post in the MTG thread was the straw that broke the camel's back for the community. I don't think we need to antagonize them and make them explain themselves over and over.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

your forums dot something awful dot com rap sheet isn't going to be used to deny you housing or job opportunities so I'm not sure why anyone would care that there are sixers on it. Frankly a clean rap sheet is far more suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Trad Games: if you missed the kickstarter you're SOL