Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I rent a house in Florida. Before my landlady bought it, the previous owners installed a koi pond on the backyard with a fountain. This is the perfect habitat for invasive Cuban tree frogs to gather on the lillypads, gently caress each other, and croak really drat loud.

According to this ecology website they have a negative environmental impact on native species, especially other frogs. You’re supposed to kill them. One way is with some kind of cream you put in the frogs back. Another way is by putting them in the fridge.

Should I do it? They are really loud and apparently it’s good for science. On the other hand it seems kind of hosed up to kill a frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Genesplicer posted:

If you are serious about trying to control them, don't kill the adults. wait until they lay eggs, scoop out the eggs and dispose of them. This will eventually reduce the population.

Either that or introduce cane toads to the area.

Will the eggs be visible on the surface? Even if they hatch the fish will make short work of the tadpoles

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Still undecided on whether to become a frog murderer. For now I think having an invasive species in my yard doesn't seem as bad as having dying frogs in my fridge