Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
After buying the North V South, and CEF starter a few years ago I’ve finally starter tricking people into buying and painting lists up.

My freshly painted GP squad of Jagers and Hunters across from a recce armiger ace and drone buddies from last nights game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Slyphic posted:

How'd fighting Utopia go? I've yet to play or face them, though I've got a starter box on a shelf.

Also, nice lookin models.

Utopia is interesting, you can build armigers up to be terrifying and the passive ability to just have a friendly drone within 3 inches take the hit for them makes actually getting rid of their damage potential really tricky. I wasn't able to kill that recce until the end of the game as he had all 4 of his drones hidden and was rolling 5 dice for defense being in cover, hidden, and having ecm defense up, ended up having to charge in with my both my FS squad and GP to get into melee and dig him out with vibro knives and a mace.

GP Squad

FS Squad

Took both halves of the battle for terra nova box and combined them and a bunch of 3d printed parts to make a bandit gang for OpFor giving me a good excuse to fight anyone. Still have 11 more gears to go but Ill probably take a break and paint up my infantry and LAVs for them to ride around in.

All our games have just had gear sized units and even then on the lighter end of the armor scale so my 2 bazookas have not had much work done even with a let them have it order their short range and lack of dice they usually don't hit anything unless I can cripple or haywire it first and all that AP goes to waste when everything on the opponents side has 6 armor at most, high damage so when they do hit its been at least a cripple regardless of the target at least so far.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Phantombane posted:

Those are some very nice looking bandit gears, I like that purpley brown color you used on some of the armor. Also, did you use the alternate/metal style 3d printed heads from game mini garage on these? They look a bit different from the ones that come in the starter boxes.

Thank you, the purple is moody mauve from the army painter speed paints range and yeah I replaced all the heads except for the grizzly and iguana with 3D printed heads from GMG along with the hips, lots of the hands are from him as well and scaled depending on the chassis.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Btw any good sf looking buildings/terrain that match the scale? 3d prints will do.

I’ve been scaling and printing Lazy Forgers 6mm stuff. Looking into picking up some N Scale stuff and Game Mini Garage has a decent selection of purpose made STLs of buildings and vehicles made to fit the HG aesthetic.