Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Ok I'm interested in reading more about this - mecha game on this scale is something I wanted to get into for some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So I found 2 player set for 120$ https://rpg-piekielko.pl/pl/products/heavy-gear-blitz-battle-in-the-badlands-2-player-starter-box-version-3-1-5872.html. Is this any good and are those gears faction locked?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Slyphic posted:

Which brings us to Peace River and NuCoal. Those are good sprues. 3rd generation, all the kinks ironed out, extremely posable with good details. So this starter set is a great buy.

Can you when you have time expand on the faction starter sets - how good are they and what to get next.

Man I don't know why I'm so excited for this

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So I finished reading rulebook fluff and I'm kinda torn on either getting south box or waiting for bretonia I mean eden to get starter box in plastic with can take a lot of time. But on the other hand that 2 player box might be best buy since I will be the one forced to push this stuff localy

Edit: I decided to buy 2 player starter. Lets go

Covermeinsunshine fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 14, 2023

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Reading rules what gives me a bit of pause - there is load of loudouts for every gear, then you have additional faction rules and then subfaction rules. Looking at the army builder hurts eyes

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Well my starter set just arrived - good think there is this assembly guide because I already got cross eyed staring at the sprues

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Btw any good sf looking buildings/terrain that match the scale? 3d prints will do.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Thanks for the links - this is all good.

However I came across different issue. I'm reading the rules and while base core is reasonable the 50 000 acronyms and loadouts start to get to me. Looking at the army builder tool there are 20 chasseur variants with only difference being this one has LAC and this one MAC and this one is KGB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeah I think I'm being fussy about presentation - I come from AoS, KT and Malifaux background where everyone has a truckload of rules as well (tho those tend to be more unit specific) so this might be the case of me being unfamiliar with the system. It will probably turn out half of the base rules never gets used in game anyway