Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well, each of these kings is offering nothing but their army, and assuming the resource gains from alliances the first time match, we should probably put off forming any until the last second.

Also, king #3 is a major creep, and it looks like we can placate both of the others by peacefully removing the surviving radovians by providing them aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Well, each of these kings is offering nothing but their army, and assuming the resource gains from alliances the first time match, we should probably put off forming any until the last second.

Also, king #3 is a major creep, and it looks like we can placate both of the others by peacefully removing the surviving radovians by providing them aid.

Um, no.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
One wants us to I'M FROM WOLA AND I SAY KILL EM ALL and the other wants us to hug them, feed them and send them home without anger

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Nah, kill them all guy is the dude creeping on the king's teenage daughter.

That said on further review, the dude that just wants the radovians gone explicitly said "do not help them in any way" to make them leave, so I'm also mistaken.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
The King Of Coaril will only ally with us if we kill or mistreat every Radovian that we meet.

The King Of Praciss will only ally if we help every Radovian that we encounter.

We have to put all our eggs in one basket or the other if we want to secure an alliance from one of them. I'll be bringing that up in the next council meeting. I could go on a case by case basis but it may be easier and quicker to get an all out vote for one on the other. I'll have a think about it and work something out before the next update.

I'll also do a vote on what to do about King Pedo's offer as well.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
This has to be spinning toward going with the Radovans, right? Narratively? Like you were supposed to in the first place?

Edit
Obviously don't answer that if it's right. Follow the thread rules, please.

If we marry the third guy who doesn't give a poo poo about the Radovans to our daughter, I would be modestly surprised if she didn't kill him and doom the alliance.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 26, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
You can get by either way.

Edit: There are some differences with either camp but if you want to go all out on eradicating as much of Radovia as possible you can, it's definitely as much of a viable option as the other path is.

1000 troops for an arranged marriage wouldn't seem that bad if he wasn't being a massive creep about Asalia.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 26, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Black Robe posted:

I trust we're all working on our own lists of pointless petty demands to make, should any of these good people need our help in future.

So what do you say? Do we have a deal?

We do, but only if you agree to give us all of your pot plants, let us flood your nation full of narcotics and then you engage in a full-blown genocide of everyone who lives north of the Grey Mountains.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Okay so we already gave a Radovian prisoner over to Via Lyt, no? Does that ruin our chances for an allegiance with Praciss?

Also, no way we're giving Asalia to that fuckin' weirdo :colbert:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

Okay so we already gave a Radovian prisoner over to Via Lyt, no? Does that ruin our chances for an allegiance with Praciss?

Also, no way we're giving Asalia to that fuckin' weirdo :colbert:

No, it's pretty much a case of from here on out. But we also need to remember the promise that we made to Via Lyt.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (61) Some Old Fart

Perhaps we should consider Varid's offer more seriously.

I'm sure Asalia would love to hear about this.

The Kings have asked for us to complete impossible tasks... And even if we complete some of them, their armies might not arrive on time.

We need to find another way to get more men. But who can help us now? The Lords definitely won't be able to give us any more men after we lost all of their troops... Perhaps we can muster the villagers? Every hand counts. We helped them before, it's time for them to repay the favor.

I don't think many peasants can read though, so sending pigeons won't work. It would be best to send agents and call for them directly, Your Grace.

Your Grace, I stopped at an abandoned house on the side of the road. It was full of pans of every sort of size, shape and colour! I don't know who could have such an obsession with pans, but while searching through them, I found 4 gold.

Eryk, you have sent for me.

I thought that the pigeon that I sent to you was sent to bring you to the summit. I haven't made a decision about Asalia yet.

Very well.

Your Grace! The Hunter found Volos! We have buried him by the tree! Did you realise there are no more thunderstorms? It really worked, Your Grace. Oh, I am so grateful for your help. We all are! May the gods have you in their favor. You are a good man.

Thank you, Olivia. I'm glad I could help. The happiness of my people means a lot to me.

Your Grace, in order to prepare for the siege, it might be a good idea to make improvements to the castle. Equipment and castle reinforcements might prove vital. I have added a list of upgrades for you to check. You will see those in your weekly summary.

Your Grace. My husband is heavily wounded. He's a local hunter and he had an accident during his last hunt. He was injured by a deer. Its antlers got tangled in his quiver and he was pulled from his horse. He survived only because the strap broke. Otherwise, the deer would have dragged him across the entire forest. He's very sick now. Is there anything you could do to help us?

I am sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I will speak to my advisor to see if we are able to aid you. Please wait in the lobby and I will call you back in soon.

Your Grace! My land has been plundered! I have been robbed by a horde of rampaging ra-

Radovians?!

Er... No, Your Grace. Rabbits!

It's a serious problem when you're a lettuce farmer!

My hunter is currently busy, otherwise I'd send him to deal with them. Please wait in the lobby while I discuss this situation with my advisor.

Your Grace, I'm Paulon Nee. A groundbreaking painter! I come to you with a special offer. I have always lived in Davern, so I have come to you first, my King. I bring you my most cherished and valuable painting. Royals are likely to fight over it when I put it on auction. But I wanted to give you a chance before anyone else does. My paintings are known across all the nations. But I don't think I have to tell you that. I know you have a famous one of mine. The one of the Grey Mountains?

Yes, of course. It's beautiful. Tell me, what do you have for me, Paulon?

I have a painting of the battle for Brianna. It is a somewhat abstract, full of emotions. It shows the soldiers, running towards their enemy. In background, there is a waning moon. And a big fire spans across the whole battlefield! It's called Fire at The Waning Moon.

But it just looks like a bunch of squares...

It's an impressionist painting, Your Grace. I'm a pioneer in this bold, fantastic, brave art movement!

How much did you want for this?

I have a special price for you, lower than I can offer to anyone else! 12 pieces of Gold.

I need to think about this one. Feel free to make use of the castle gardens until I've made my decision.

Darling?

Varid would like to marry Asalia. He is offering quite a big chunk of army in return...

Ugh, really? What made him think that we would let Asalia marry him? We need a prince, not some old fart...

He knows we are desperate for soldiers. There might be nothing left of Davern if we lose.

Are you suggesting we should agree to it?

No, of course not. However... If we don't gather enough soldiers, Atana will raze this place to the ground. Along with all of us.

They can't do that! Why don't we just flee? If we know we're going to lose, what's the point in trying?

What sort of King would I be if I left my people to die? We've got to try. We still have some time to prepare. Hopefully other kings will agree to help us.

What are we going to do, Eryk? The gods have doomed us. We have no good fortune; everything is just going horribly wrong! Sometimes I wish we were just peasants...

Calm down, everything is going to be fine. I will make sure you and the girls are safe during the battle. You shouldn't worry so much... go and lie down.

Fine, I'll try to fall asleep.

Yes, Father?

King Varid asked for your hand. He told me he'd like to marry you...

What? King Varid? But... He's old... Like... Really old! Father! You cannot make me marry him! Of ALL the people! Why would you pick HIM?!

Hey, hey, hey! I haven't picked anyone yet. I haven't agreed to his offer yet. I wanted to see what you think first... I'm not sure why. I knew you'd never want this.

Of course I wouldn't!

I'm sorry, I really hope we won't have to...

Council Meeting

Good afternoon! We have a lot to go through today so I won't dilly-dally with the usual pleasantries.

As you can see here, we are short on soldiers and we have yet to stock up on supplies. I want to begin by making plans for stockpiling supplies.

We will need an absolute minimum of 5 crates if we are going to have any chance of success. I would like us to save 10 crates, which may be a bit of a push but I'd rather we have extra supplies in case we run into any problems.

Each crate can contain 30 supplies. This means we will need to save a minimum of 150 supplies to stay fed throughout the siege. We can save supplies in increments of 10 so as long as we are saving this much each week we should be okay. I would like to aim for 300 supplies if we can but I will still be happy if we are able to save up more than the minimum amount.

We started the week with 90 supplies which means that we could potentially make 3 crates right now, but that would leave us short for the rest of the week. I'm going to give you two options, both of which will have a follow up question.

Would you prefer to vote weekly on stockpiling supplies? If so, how much should we stockpile this week?

Or would you rather we adopt a minimum threshold and I just automatically save 10 resources when we have enough to spare? If so, what is the minimum amount of supplies that we keep in our own stores?

You may have once thought that recruiting 1000 soldiers was going to be an impossible task. But, long story short, we now need an army of 3000 soldiers. We could have 2000 soldiers secured within the next couple of weeks but it's going to come with a huge cost in one way or another.

The King of Coaril is offering us 1000 soldiers if we mistreat every Radovian that we encounter from now until the beginning of the siege. The King of Praciss is also offering us 1000 soldiers, but only if we treat every Radovian that we meet in good measure within the same time frame.

We need to secure an alliance with one of them and there isn't a middle ground in this situation. We cannot afford to look at each encounter and make a moral judgment about each individual that we meet. We either treat every Radovian that we meet harshly or with kindness. This may mean sentencing innocent people to death or granting freedom to people who are guilty. I am not happy with this situation but if we were floating up dunny creek without any oars before then we are certainly heading towards the fecal waterfall now.

We do have another offer of 1000 troops and this one comes from King Varid. He will give us 1000 troops but only if we agree that he can marry Princess Asalia. The King is... rather old and the princess is still quite young. I don't really like the idea of sending off the young princess off into the hands of that dirty old per... the hands of his Grace, but we may have to if we cannot secure an army any other way. We can agree to the proposal now or we can hold off for now.

Even if we were to secure 2000 troops, we still need to secure another 1000 somehow. We will need to send our agents back to the villages that we have helped out previously to see if we can recruit peasants to bolster our numbers. We should also contact some previous contacts to see if they are able to help us further. I will do my best to send out pigeons to various contacts to see if we can get further help elsewhere.

Allies

Our allies are currently few at the moment compared to before the battle with the Radovians. Some of our allies sent all of their available troops to us and will not be able to recruit and train enough people to help us before Atana attacks us. We do still have some contacts on the list, although I'm not sure why I've kept Noaksey in our contacts as he won't be helping us in any way.

King Varid - The only reason to invite him is to accept his proposal.
Lurs - We should contact him to see if he is able to help us in any way.
Noaksey - Maybe it would be a laugh or maybe it would be a waste of time.
Grego - He may be able to help us further or he may only be interested in buying more paintings from us.

Map

We can now send agents back to locations that we have previously scouted and attempt to recruit more people into our army. We can also send our agents to various places to speak to people who we have helped in the past.

There are still a few places that we haven't visited yet and we won't be able to recruit anyone from there until we have visited them at least once.

Only Stan is available this week. Where shall we send him? We have done some extensive scouting over the weeks so I will list all of the information that we have gathered in each region. It may be best to speak to the people who we were able to help first as they may be more receptive to us.

North-West

Hektary - ???
Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Kalusy - Hearing: The Cult of Trees.
Zabki - Hearing: Tavern Business.

North-East

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Piwka - Hearing: Love Problems.
Plocko - ???
Wrowa - Hearing: Flooded Village.

South-West

Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Milina - ???
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

I apologise if this is a lot to take in all in one go. I will end this meeting on more trivial matters. We had several visitors to the courtroom today. The first is a peasant who looks remarkably like the fortune teller who visited us a few weeks ago. She has informed us that her husband was injured during a hunt and now requires aid. Before you make a decision, I'd just like to inform you that this person is from Brezota and we could potentially find recruits there. Alena is still away right now but we could give her 18 gold which could pay for a local healer or some medicine, or we could refuse to help her.

One of the local lettuce farmers is currently suffering from a rabbit infestation and is in need of our help. This is definitely a job for Velek but he is currently busy as well. We can give him 18 gold or we can give him 18 supplies to help in one way or another. Or we could tell him to sod off.

Our final visitor was from the famous artist, Paulon Nee. You have all heard of him and most of you have probably seen one or two of his paintings over the years. He is currently offering to sell a new piece to the King for the paltry price of 12 gold pieces. Before you all start falling all over yourself to try and outbid the King, just remember that the King has first refusal on this piece. But also bear in mind that Paulon has changed his style... changed it quite dramatically in fact. He has called this piece "impressionist" but it all just looks like a bunch of squares to me. We can agree to buy the painting, maybe the King can hang it up or we can make a profit on it somehow. Or we can politely decline the offer.

There is much to talk about and many decisions to make so I think that we should take a long break today and then reconvene once we are all ready.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 3, 2024

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Let's adopt a minimum threshold of 15 supplies, since we don't seem to have any recurring needs for supplies.

Treat the Radovians with kindness, we don't need to cause any war crimes.

Hold off on the marriage proposal, it doesn't seem like anyone other than Varid wants this.

Send for Lurs, and see if he can help out.

Send Stan to Kalusy and see if the cult of trees can provide us with some cultists troops or tree monsters.

Give the peasant 18 gold to pay for a healer or some medicine.

Give the lettuce farmer 18 gold to help out. We need supplies more than gold right now.

Buy the painting, maybe we can sell it to Grego later.

------

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

... if we up the dunny creek before ...

Seems like you left out a word between "we" and "up"?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Seems like you left out a word between "we" and "up"?

Thank you, I've edited it. I was too busy looking for alternative words to use and not paying attention to the other words around them.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Keep a minimum threshold of 15 supplies

Treat any Radovians we find reasonably well.
The way things are looking, we may well need their goodwill should we lose.

Hold off on Varid's proposal for now, though you may wish to explain to the princess the advantages of an elderly, wealthy husband who may perhaps not be in the best of health...

Send a pigeon to Lurs and see if he can help us, he seems the most likely

Send Stan to Kalusy, let's see if the tree cultists can provide some magical aid

Tell the peasant woman we can't help her. I'm struggling to envision how a deer could hook its antlers into the equipment of a man sitting on a horse. She should have just told us he fell off.

Likewise tell the lettuce farmer to deal with it himself. This can't be the first time he's had a problem with rabbits. Build better fences and get a dog.

Can we buy the painting and then offer it to Grego in exchange for something helpful? This new art style seems like something I wouldn't mind being burnt, frankly.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

be nice to the radovians

sock away 90 of our 120 supplies and then store 10 a week from here on. We need a lot of supplies, and now is the time to squirrel away as much as we can before army upkeep comes back and axes a bunch of our income.

pay the gold to help the injured man. We have the gold to spare and we need the goodwill.

give the lettuce farmer financial aid. We have the gold to spare and we need the goodwill.

buy the painting and send it to grego. Not because we need the gold, but for the principle of the thing.

Send Stan to Jarocki and put some lean on that cheapskate inn owner that stopped paying us.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Keep a minimum threshold of 15 supplies for we must be able to feast even in the worst of times!

Kill any Radovians we find. They invaded us! They wanted to take my... our lands! They inconvenienced me!

Hold off on Varid's proposal for now as I'm sure we can get a better offer from someone in the future.

Ask Lurs over for lunch. His chef makes a divine pot roast

The general can go to something, yes why not

The PEASANT can sod off

The CABBAGE PEASANT can sod off too

don't buy the painting, it is of no use to the king or council (until I get a chance to buy it myself)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
My word, what a week!

The crown should keep no fewer than 30 supplies at hand. The rest can go to the cache. Too often our people are in need, affected by some malady or another. They must be given supplies in these dark times!

As for the proposals from our neighboring kings, I suggest we side with Praciss and treat the Radovians left in our lands with kindness. I'm sure they are desperate for food and shelter and cannot make the long trek home on their own. Now is the time for healing.

King Varid, however, has no business asking for Asalia's hand. Refuse Varid for now and I only pray that we need not reconsider...

Invite Noaksey to return to Grevno, I would be interested to hear about his encounters following what was revealed at the trial.

Pay gold to the injured man's wife, as well as supplies to the lettuce farmer.

Agree to buy that piece of... ahem... art and collect any other paintings in the castle before inviting Grego back to the castle.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a couple of days since the last vote so I will close things now so I can work on the next update soon. I've had a temporary change in personal circumstances which has reduced my free time quite significantly for the time being. So my plate spinning of several LPs is biting me on the rear end at the moment. I'll try to have the next update ready within the next couple of days, it will happen on Saturday at the latest.

This update was a bit full-on as a lot has been happening as well as having a new mechanic thrown into the mix. I guess I got my wish with more action happening but a lot has been happening these past few updates.

Supplies
Minimum Threshold - 4*
>30 - 1
>15 - 3*
>10 - 1
(Add 90 to the pile)

I wasn't entirely sure what to do with the supplies situation, which is why I put it up for a vote on how to proceed. There are a lot of decisions to make so I was more than happy to just manage it from my end, but I was also happy to keep it a weekly thing if there was a demand for people to have more direct control over it.

Now I have an idea of how you want to proceed I'll keep 15 as the absolute minimum. But what I'll also do is up the threshold if there's going to be an encounter with anyone that's asking\demanding more than 15 supplies in the next court session.

Radovians
Be Kind - 4*
Be Harsh - 1

Proposal
Hold Off - 4*

Ally
Lurs - 3*
Noaksey - 1

Stan
Kalusy - 2*
Jarocki - 1
Anywhere - 1

Peasant
Give Gold - 3*
No Help - 2

Farmer
Give Gold - 2*
Give Supplies - 1
No Help - 2

The majority of the votes were to help the farmer in some way and gold had the lead in how to help them.

Painting
Buy - 4

Black Robe posted:

Can we buy the painting and then offer it to Grego in exchange for something helpful? This new art style seems like something I wouldn't mind being burnt, frankly.

From what I remember we will only offer us gold for the paintings. But I will test this out and see what the result it, I will let you know as soon as I have done so.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Black Robe posted:

I'm working on the next update at the moment and I decided to see what happens if we invited Grego. He is only interested in buying paintings from us.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (62) Week Thirty-Two Summary

Hello again! I'm starting to regret my wish for the days to be busier! Something tells me that this is only going to get worse over the coming weeks with a siege to prepare for. I will discuss fortification plans at the next council meeting, right now we need to come to an agreement with how we are going to handle the supplies.

jkq: Let's adopt a minimum threshold of 15 supplies, since we don't seem to have any recurring needs for supplies.

Black Robe: Keep a minimum threshold of 15 supplies.

FoolyCharged: sock away 90 of our 120 supplies and then store 10 a week from here on. We need a lot of supplies, and now is the time to squirrel away as much as we can before army upkeep comes back and axes a bunch of our income.

Slaan: Keep a minimum threshold of 15 supplies for we must be able to feast even in the worst of times!

Bregor: My word, what a week!

The crown should keep no fewer than 30 supplies at hand. The rest can go to the cache. Too often our people are in need, affected by some malady or another. They must be given supplies in these dark times!

Very good! I'm glad that you are putting your trust in me. I will keep the supplies to an absolute minimum of 15 units in our warehouse until we have reached our quota. But I will make sure that we have plenty of supplies on hand to deal with any situation that we will be facing during each week ahead of us. I will take your suggestions on board and I will begin by sending supplies to the siege stores immediately. I'd now like to hear your thoughts on how we are going to handle Radovians we meet from now on.

Bregor: As for the proposals from our neighboring kings, I suggest we side with Praciss and treat the Radovians left in our lands with kindness. I'm sure they are desperate for food and shelter and cannot make the long trek home on their own. Now is the time for healing.

Slaan: Kill any Radovians we find. They invaded us! They wanted to take my... our lands! They inconvenienced me!

FoolyCharged: be nice to the radovians

Black Robe: Treat any Radovians we find reasonably well. The way things are looking, we may well need their goodwill should we lose.

jkq: Treat the Radovians with kindness, we don't need to cause any war crimes.

I know that this was a decision that wasn't to be taken lightly as there's most likely going to be ramifications either way. I will tell the King that we will be siding with Praciss and we should provide hospitality to any Radovian that we encounter. I have a feeling that Via Lyt won't be happy with this arrangement and this may break the alliance that we have with her. She is currently unavailable to speak to at the moment, as are many of the nobles that we had contact with before. Who should we invite next week of those who are available?

Black Robe: Send a pigeon to Lurs and see if he can help us, he seems the most likely

jkq: Send for Lurs, and see if he can help out.

Slaan: Ask Lurs over for lunch. His chef makes a divine pot roast

Bregor: Invite Noaksey to return to Grevno, I would be interested to hear about his encounters following what was revealed at the trial.

I shall send a pigeon to Lurs estate once the meeting is over. We have plenty of time to consider Varid's proposal, revolting as it may be, but there is a good chance that we may have to accept it if we can't raise enough troops. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Slaan: Hold off on Varid's proposal for now as I'm sure we can get a better offer from someone in the future.

Bregor: King Varid, however, has no business asking for Asalia's hand. Refuse Varid for now and I only pray that we need not reconsider...

jkq: Hold off on the marriage proposal, it doesn't seem like anyone other than Varid wants this.

Black Robe: Hold off on Varid's proposal for now, though you may wish to explain to the princess the advantages of an elderly, wealthy husband who may perhaps not be in the best of health...

I really do hope that we don't have to come back to this topic, we shall forget about this until it's absolutely necessary. Where shall we send Stan this week?

FoolyCharged: Send Stan to Jarocki and put some lean on that cheapskate inn owner that stopped paying us.

Black Robe: Send Stan to Kalusy, let's see if the tree cultists can provide some magical aid

jkq: Send Stan to Kalusy and see if the cult of trees can provide us with some cultists troops or tree monsters.

Slaan: The general can go to something, yes why not

I am more than certain that the Cult of Trees will offer us some assistance. I will send Stan and his squad back there with axes if they don't... We are almost done with this weeks meeting, we just need to discuss how we are going to handle the petitioners. Should we help the fortune teller's husband or not?

jkq: Give the peasant 18 gold to pay for a healer or some medicine.

Black Robe: Tell the peasant woman we can't help her. I'm struggling to envision how a deer could hook its antlers into the equipment of a man sitting on a horse. She should have just told us he fell off.

FoolyCharged: pay the gold to help the injured man. We have the gold to spare and we need the goodwill.

Slaan: The PEASANT can sod off

Bregor: Pay gold to the injured man's wife, as well as supplies to the lettuce farmer.

We shall provide them with some gold, hopefully, they will spend it wisely. Bregor has already made their opinions clear on the lettuce farmer, how do the rest of you feel?

Slaan: The CABBAGE PEASANT can sod off too

FoolyCharged: give the lettuce farmer financial aid. We have the gold to spare and we need the goodwill.

Black Robe: Tell the lettuce farmer to deal with it himself. This can't be the first time he's had a problem with rabbits. Build better fences and get a dog.

jkq: Give the lettuce farmer 18 gold to help out. We need supplies more than gold right now.

You are all somewhat divided, but there is more votes to help the farmer and the majority voted to give him some gold. The final matter that we need to talk about is this painting.

Black Robe: Can we buy the painting and then offer it to Grego in exchange for something helpful? This new art style seems like something I wouldn't mind being burnt, frankly.

Slaan: don't buy the painting, it is of no use to the king or council (until I get a chance to buy it myself)

jkq: Buy the painting, maybe we can sell it to Grego later.

Bregor: Agree to buy that piece of... ahem... art and collect any other paintings in the castle before inviting Grego back to the castle.

FoolyCharged: buy the painting and send it to grego. Not because we need the gold, but for the principle of the thing.

I will tell the King to go ahead with purchasing the painting. That is all for now, hopefully next week will be slightly more quieter. See you all then!

All I can offer you is some gold. This should be enough for you to get medicine, or to pay a healer.

Oh, I think I know someone that could help. In fact, for this much gold, I'm sure he will! Thank you, Your Grace!

Take this gold. Try finding someone to help you hunt those rabbits down. Or invest in better protection for your crops against pests.

Ahh! Thank you, Your Grace! I will invest this wisely!

Fine, I'll take it. It might look nice in the Council Room. Thank you, Paul. If you have anything else, feel free to come back.

Oh, I am the most honored for my paintings to decorate the Royal walls. Thank you, Your Grace.

End of Week Thirty-Two!

Inventory

Battle For Brianna - I wonder if Lord Grego would buy this painting from me. Or perhaps it would look nice in the Council Chamber?

Archives

Battle with Atana

Vexing Imp

Rabbits

Asalia

Aurelea

The Cult of Trees

Wounded Husband

Famous Painter

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We can replace the Stork Tapestry with the Battle For Brianna, something that I may do in the next update so you can all decide on what we're going to do with it. I decided to ask for a lift home tonight so I could get home early so I could put some work into it. I wasn't expecting to post an update tonight but I was on a roll and decided to just power through as I managed to get most of it done fairly quickly.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm starting to question why we have certain people still in our contacts list. I've started work on the next update and the only dialogue option we have for Lurs is "That's all for now". Noaksey's name is in red and it's most likely going to be the same with him as well.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (63) Buuu..! Buuu..! Hrrr..! Hrrr..!

I have told the villagers you wanted to see them regarding the call to arms. They should be here shortly.

Your Grace, I haven't managed to find the imp the woman was complaining about. But I have prepared a herbal potion to smear around her doors and windows. This should keep the imp out of her house.

Thank you for dealing with this.

Your Grace, I'm back from that Cult of Trees. They asked me to look for a daemon called Volos. Apparently he takes a shape of a one-eyed bear. This was not an easy hunt, but I found him. Strangely, he was just outside of our castle walls. I have taken the body to the forest as proof. The folks seemed very happy.

You have called for me, Your Grace.

That's all for now, I was just making sure that you were well.

Thank you, Your Grace.

Hello again, Your Grace. Why did you call for me?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? The war with Atana is close at hand. We need to build up our defences.

You can count on all of our community, Your Grace. I knew you were going to ask. And we have already started preparing.

Be ready. The battle starts in 17 weeks.

For the past couple of days weird noises and humming has been coming from the well! Buuu..! Buuu..! Hrrr..! Hrrr..! At first I thought someone was playing a trick on us! But no one could survive in the well for almost a week! It could be... Vodyanoy! Perhaps he got bored sitting in the lakes and he moved to the well? Maybe he's hungry? Or perhaps he just wants a little company? We're not sure, but we would rather not get close to that well. We've been going to the river to collect the water, but it's a chore!

Another malevolent creature is terrorizing our people? I will discuss this with my advisor and we will see if we can help you in any way. Wait in the lobby and I will call you back in shortly.

Your Grace! The butcher in my village keeps throwing bits of leftovers on the path! It rots and smells! I can't sleep because I get a headache from the strong smell. God knows what disease this pile of rotten meat holds... Please, Your Grace, can you help?

That sounds revolting! Please wait in the next room and I will talk to my advisor, we might be able to help you in some way.

I'm not sure what to think about this one. Well, at least I'm happy to support artists and their hard work!

Council Meeting

Good afternoon! I will start this session with talking about the siege preparations.

I have stockpiled 90 supplies as requested, which means we are over halfway to our minimum goal already. Our supplies are growing by 11 units a week, but that will start to be compromised as soon as our army starts to grow bigger. We are currently feeding our army only 1 unit a week but our army is only composed of 56 soldiers at this moment in time. I have kept the stores with 59 supplies for a reason, which I will be going into now.

Upgrades

As you all know, this castle is old and in a state of disrepair. We have made efforts to rectify this over the course of this year but there is still a lot of work to do. Unfortunately, we have lost the luxury of being able to do this in a timely fashion as our imminent deaths are only weeks away if we don't make these repairs as quickly as possible. I have kept enough supplies to install Hot Oil and Mining Equipment this week, as well as deal with what the week has to throw at us. That is, if you wish to go ahead with building them this week. If not, I will add the surplus supplies to the siege stores next week.

We started the week with 96 gold so we do have plenty to spare at the moment. Our income is anywhere between 2 and 33 gold each week depending on how many of our agents are busy each week. I would like to hear your thoughts on what we should upgrade and this is a discussion that I will be bringing up each week until we have completed them. I will now move onto the day-to-day matters.

It has been a quiet week for the family. There have been no squabbles, no surprises, no new pets and no news from abroad. The King did decide to hang up the new painting here in the council room but he is currently undecided on what to do with it. Seeing as we hold our meetings here I think that we should have a say in what we want to see hanging on the wall. Do we keep the tapestry, keep the painting or hang neither of them?

There were only two petitioners in court today. Another mischievous creature called Vodyanoy is seemingly bothering a villager from Gryfno. The peasant claims that this being is now inhabiting a well and making some bizarre noises, now he is claiming that he is too scared to go near the well. We can send Alena to investigate the well, although this means she will be gone for 2 weeks, or we could give the villager 23 supplies for this inconvenience. The other option is telling them to sod off. I would just like to add that Gryfno is a village where we can potentially find new recruits, if we decide that you want to send supplies as well as build the upgrades then I will shift some supplies around and make it happen.

The second petitioner involves a butcher who isn't disposing of his carcasses properly. Instead of following regulations, he is throwing his waste out into the streets and it's affecting the lives of the people who frequent the area. We can send Stan so he can have a... quiet word with the butcher, it will only take him 1 week. We could give the villager 18 gold to help with her problems or we could give her the Slaan special.

Map

Velek is the only agent that is guaranteed to be free this week. Stan and Alena may be free depending on your choices with todays petitioners. Who shall we send where this week?

North-West

Hektary - ???

North-East

Plocko - ???

South-West

Milina - ???

South-East

Gryfno - Hearing: Monster in the Well.

Allies

Lurs - Nothing new at this time.
Noaksey - Maybe it would be a laugh or maybe it would be a waste of time.
Grego - We could sell more paintings to him to raise funds. We can sell the Tapestry, Battle for Brianna and/or The Grey Mountains.

That is all for now. We shall meet again in an hour after a spot of lunch.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 14, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yes, hmmm, get the oil and the equipment for the King. And buy the ballista as well. It will look positively dashing on the towers, and if we don't look good do really deserve to have a kingdom?

The butcher? Send the man. It is revolting that this butcher would waste perfectly good servant food! Tell Stan that he will let the butcher know my estate needs stew meat for the help and quality meat for my dogs. That should take care of things.

I will miss having the lovely witch around to dine with, but needs must I suppose. Even I know the importance of water for the PEASANTS. Send the woman

Send that horrid hunter and his horrid smell away from me... My Majesty's personage. To, oh I don't know, Zabki?

Hang the artwork. If I can't enjoy it at home then I shall enjoy it here!

Perhaps our good friend Noaksey would like a word?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Install the hot oil and mining equipment, then resume stocking supplies.

Buy the ballista first. We'll eventually want all the upgrades, so it doesn't really matter what order we get them in.

Put the tapestry back up on the wall, it looks better than that mess of blocks.

Send Alena to investigate the well.

Send Stan to have a "talk" with the butcher. Nobody deserves the Slaan special.

Invite Noaksey over for tea.

Send the hunter to survey Hektary.

------

Your Grace, I'm back from that Cult of Trees. They asked me to look for a daemon called Volos. Apparently he takes a shape of a one-eyed bear. This was not an easy hunt, but I found him. Strangely, he was just outside of our castle walls.

Oh no, not Cedani's one-eyed bea... wait, that's not one of her agents. Phew!

That thing is hilarious. It looks like something was censored using pixel blur.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

is this loss?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Install both the Hot Oil and the Mining Equipment

Keep the tapestry, I have no wish to keep staring at this painting.

Send Alena to check out this monster.

Send Stan to deal with the butcher, though I'm sure an ordinary soldier could do just as well without tying up our only general.

Send Velek to see what Hektary is like

I suppose talk to Noaksey since everyone else is currently useless.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a few days since the last vote so I'll close it now:

Upgrades
Oil - 3
Mining Equipment - 3
Ballista - 2

Artwork
Keep Brianna - 1
Tapestry - 2

Well
Send Alena - 3

Butcher
Stan - 3

Velek
Hektary - 2
Zabki - 1

Allies
Noaksey - 3

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (64) Week Thirty-Three Summary

Here's the part that I like the most, the part where I can go home soon. Also, my fondness for deadly architecture. Where shall we start making upgrades to our fortifications?

Slaan: Yes, hmmm, get the oil and the equipment for the King. And buy the ballista as well. It will look positively dashing on the towers, and if we don't look good do really deserve to have a kingdom?

jkq: Install the hot oil and mining equipment, then resume stocking supplies.

Buy the ballista first. We'll eventually want all the upgrades, so it doesn't really matter what order we get them in.

Black Robe: Install both the Hot Oil and the Mining Equipment

I will let the dungeon guard know our plans, although I can't help but think that we should probably hire a professional to do this work instead. What are we going to do about this monstrosity hanging on the wall?

Black Robe: Keep the tapestry, I have no wish to keep staring at this painting.

jkq: Put the tapestry back up on the wall, it looks better than that mess of blocks.

Slaan: Hang the artwork. If I can't enjoy it at home then I shall enjoy it here!

I will inform the King, something tells me that he will be relieved by this suggestion. We have this Vodyanoy to deal with now, what shall we do about it?

jkq: Send Alena to investigate the well.

Slaan: I will miss having the lovely witch around to dine with, but needs must I suppose. Even I know the importance of water for the PEASANTS. Send the woman

Black Robe: Send Alena to check out this monster.

I will send Alena out in the morning. It's probably just a frog or an insect trapped down there but we can't be too careful. How are we going to deal with this filthy butcher?

jkq: Send Stan to have a "talk" with the butcher. Nobody deserves the Slaan special.

Black Robe: Send Stan to deal with the butcher, though I'm sure an ordinary soldier could do just as well without tying up our only general.

Slaan: The butcher? Send the man. It is revolting that this butcher would waste perfectly good servant food! Tell Stan that he will let the butcher know my estate needs stew meat for the help and quality meat for my dogs. That should take care of things.

Stan has been very reliable for us, I may give him the morning off after the siege ends. We still need to give Velek his orders this week, if we're going to pay him then we may as well make him work for it.

Black Robe: Send Velek to see what Hektary is like

Slaan: Send that horrid hunter and his horrid smell away from me... My Majesty's personage. To, oh I don't know, Zabki?

jkq: Send the hunter to survey Hektary.

I will send a message to Velek once the meeting is over. Let's hope that the village is inhabited by a couple of thousand trained soldiers who are waiting for someone to recruit them. Are we going to invite anyone over this week? We don't have to but this option will always be available.

Slaan: Perhaps our good friend Noaksey would like a word?

Black Robe: I suppose talk to Noaksey since everyone else is currently useless.

jkq: Invite Noaksey over for tea.

I wouldn't quite go that far, maybe we could offer him a mug of water and a biscuit. Thank you all for your expertise once again. We shall return here again next week.

These creatures are no joke. To be safe, it's best if we chase it back to the lakes using magic.

Thank you, Your Grace. It's good to know it will be over soon. The trips to the river are really tiring.

My General will talk to the butcher.

Thank goodness, Your Grace! I can finally sleep now! The neighbors are going to glad to hear of this! I should have come here a long time ago...

End of Week Thirty-Three!

Inventory

Archives

Monster in the Well

Butcher Stench

The Cult of Trees

Vexing Imp

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Haven't had had time to post much, but glad the kingdom's still standing.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Quackles posted:

Haven't had had time to post much, but glad the kingdom's still standing.

For now, we've gained 6 soldiers in 2 weeks. Only another 2944 more to recruit with 16 weeks to go.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

For now, we've gained 6 soldiers in 2 weeks. Only another 2944 more to recruit with 16 weeks to go.

What happened to our 10 soldiers per week from the training grounds upgrade during the last crisis?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

What happened to our 10 soldiers per week from the training grounds upgrade during the last crisis?

Ah yes, I forgot about the training ground recruits.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've made a couple of minor errors, nothing breaking but I thought I'd highlight them as I've had to make an amendment with one of them. I misgendered the peasant who had problems with the butcher, I've amended the update to reflect this.

I'm currently working on the next update and was confused by one peasant, it turns out that "Peasant30" and "Peasant36" are the same person and I've obviously made separate avatars and gifs for both of them. Nothing major but it did cause a lot of confusion as they are telling me one thing when I thought we had told them to sod off.

Also, there was actually a valid reason for inviting Noaksey back and it's about something that I wasn't aware of before.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (65) Your... Grace?

Your Grace. I have tried talking to the butcher. He didn't really want to listen to me. He insisted he wanted to come and see you. You should expect him soon.

Thank you.

Your Grace, farmers kept having problems with birds eating their planted seeds. The silly folk didn't think to put up a scarecrow, so I helped them with it. This seemed to be enough for now and the farmers were quite happy with it. They gave me 7 packs of supplies in return.

At your service, Your Grace.

Do you still want to buy the tooth?

What?! First you accuse me of lying... You ally with Friderick! And now you try to sell me your stupid tooth? And fair enough... I am guilty of the lies... But I thought we were friends?

I am really sorry, Noaksey...

Yeah...sure.

Your Grace! We invested the gold you kindly gave us in a special fence. It's deep enough to stop rabbits burrowing into our lettuce patch. We would be honored if you would accept some of our fine produce as a thank you!

I'm selling packs of supplies, Your Grace. Let me help you with your struggle. I offer the best prices in all of Davern! Only 28 gold for 22 supplies! What do you think?

Thank you for the offer, I need to speak to my advisor first to see if we are in a position to accept it. Please wait in the main hall and help yourself to refreshments while you await our answer.

My lord, shelter we seek. Our village is entirely destroyed, we have no place to go. No place to call home. Can you help us?

What village do you speak of?

Uh... B-Brinsk, My Lord?

I've never heard of such a village. Must be awfully far away? Behind the mountains far?

Yes, my lord...

Radovians, eh?

My lord! My grace! Your... Grace? We realise who we are to you! We realise our brothers fought with you! We realise we're not welcomed here, but we had no other choice! Many have died, and many need to die no more. I urge you, I beg of you, help us! We have no weapons, nor bad intentions. We simply want to live.

Why leave Radovia?

One born in riches and wealth will never understand what's it like to struggle. Our home country is at war. Many fight for resources, for power. We followed Beyran. He's a good man. He's bound to marry one of the daughters from the seven kingdoms! Once that takes place... Us and you will differ not. Until then... we just need a place to stay.

Unarmed, you say? I've just returned from battle with your king. I marched to meet him with an army, and returned with but a few men! We're are war; why would we help you?

We did not want this fight, nor know how to defend ourselves! Beyran did all he could to help get as many of us through as possible. The rest of us are stuck behind the mountain trail. We are not who you think we are, we came here to seek peace!

Lies or not, I cannot help you.

There's just a couple of dozen of us. Women and children, we just want a place to stay. We have nowhere else to go! There must be something you can do.

Your Grace. Whether you think we should help them or not... You should keep in mind that King Yedrick will only aid us with his army if we refuse all requests from Radovia. On the other hand, King Fabioun will aid us if we help all Radovians.

Ugh... Fine. You will get 5 food and supplies every week. Tell your children they will eat tonight.

Thank you, Your Grace. As a token of gratitude, please accept this gift. We call them fire flowers. We use these for celebrations. Children love these things. But in large quantities it proved to be useful... on the battlefield as well. Perhaps it could be practical in your future struggle...

Your Grace, I have a vicious stomach ache. For five days there's been no sign of the... ah... stool. My eldmother had prepared prune juice, a special mixture. It didn't work... Actually, it's worse since then. If I didn't knew any better, I would think that she wants to put an end to me. I think... "constipation" is the term medics would use. Help a poor fella, won't you?

Don't bother me with such petty matters. Visit a healer. I'm sure they would help.

They cost money, Your Grace! All I have is two chickens. The house is my mother's. I have to wait until she... passes away to get her things.

Go and wait in the lobby while I decide whether to help you or not.

Darling?

During the Kings' Summit, King Fabioun asked me to help people from Radovia. He was clear that he will join our forces if we do so. On the other hand, King Yederick said he would help, if I exterminate all of them.

That's great, honey! It means we'll get help either way!

Yes, I suppose? Some Radovians have visited our halls this week. They asked for food and supplies. I decided to help them.

Oh... Do you not remember what these bandits have done to us? We lost many people... And you're giving them your supplies?

They're just peasants. They had nowhere to go. I won't carry on the war between us and Radovia. We must help each other.

Well, it is your decision, sweetheart. Now you have to help them all.

I know, honey.

Council Meeting

Greetings once again! Has it been a week already? It feels like we were here only just yesterday.

We're doing well with the upgrades. My main concern right now is raising the funds to pay for a moat and also reinforcements for the gate and walls. We have enough money to buy another upgrade this week, but I'll leave that decision up to you all.

The supplies merchant returned today offering us the same deal as before. We can purchase 22 supplies for the price of 28 gold. Do we accept or decline their offer? Alternatively, we can purchase oracle dust for 7 gold, but at this point in time I don't know why we would. If we choose not to accept their offer then they will return in a couple of weeks time.

The only other visitor to the courtroom today was from a man who is suffering from a severe bought of constipation. We can give him 7 gold so he can find someone to help him or we can politely decline his request. The peasant is from the village of Baziowo and helping him could bring us more recruits from their village.

Map

Stan and Velek are free this week, where shall we send them?

North-West

Hektary - ???

North-East

Plocko - ???

South-West

Baziowo - Hearing: Stomach Ache.
Milina - ???

South-East

Lurs - Nothing new at this time.
Noaksey
Grego - We could sell more paintings to him to raise funds. We can sell the Tapestry, Battle for Brianna and/or The Grey Mountains.

There is no need to invite anyone this week unless we have specific business with them in mind. That is all for now, we shall meet back here again in an hours time.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2024

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Reinforce the walls this time.

That leaves us with spare gold to buy the supplies, we'll need them eventually one way or another.

I'm sure that fellow's digestive problems could be sorted out by making him taste Slaan's cooking, but nobody deserves that. Give him some gold for a healer.

Send Stan to Plocko and Velek to Milina; those are the last two villages we know nothing about.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Black Robe? Nay, Blackguard! How dare you slander my name and like by insinuating I would do something as base and ignoble as cookery! If the King's advisor hadn't banned duels in this room, why you would be meeting my gauntlet!

Tchf, send both PEASANTS away. We need gold more than food and the drat fools bowels are NOT our concern!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Decline the supplies for now, we should save up for the moat upgrade.

Provide 7 gold for a healer. Constipation is no joke.

Send Stan to Plocko and have him see if there's anything interesting going on there.

Send Velek to Milina to do the same as Stan.

Thank you, Your Grace. As a token of gratitude, please accept this gift. We call them fire flowers. We use these for celebrations. Children love these things. But in large quantities it proved to be useful... on the battlefield as well. Perhaps it could be practical in your future struggle...

Should we be keeping these away from Cedani, or encouraging her to become fire Mario Cedani?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Should we be keeping these away from Cedani, or encouraging her to become fire Mario Cedani?

I don't think that we have to worry about Cedani, she's more interested in forming a rescue operation to save Dusty Lorsulia. Asalia is the one to worry about, she's the trickster who we've annoyed by kicking out her best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Asalia is the one to worry about, she's the trickster who we've annoyed by kicking out her best friend.

Good point, I had forgotten about that. Although now that we've decided to be nice to the Radovians, maybe we can invite her friend back?