Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I agree, we should reinforce the walls.

We have enough supplies, so decline the offer for more supplies in exchange for gold.

Send Stan to Plocko and Velek to Milina and hopefully there are some troops to be found there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
It's been several days since the last vote so I'm going to end it now. I'm going to work on and post the next update in the morning.

Upgrades
Walls - 2

Supplies
Buy - 1
Send Away - 3

Constipated Peasant
Give Gold - 2
Send Away - 1

Stan
Plocko - 3

Velek
Milina - 3

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (66) Week Thirty-Four Summary

Hello hello, let's settle down and get this done. Mrs Audrey has promised me cottage pie for dinner tonight and I'll be damned if I have to eat it cold! Let's discuss upgrades.

Black Robe: Reinforce the walls this time.

sb hermit: I agree, we should reinforce the walls.

I can't hear anyone disagreeing with this so it shall be done. What shall we say to the supplies merchant?

sb hermit: We have enough supplies, so decline the offer for more supplies in exchange for gold.

jkq: Decline the supplies for now, we should save up for the moat upgrade.

Slaan: Tchf, send both PEASANTS away. We need gold more than food and the drat fools bowels are NOT our concern!

Black Robe: That leaves us with spare gold to buy the supplies, we'll need them eventually one way or another.

I will tell the King to decline for now. Who knows where we will be in two weeks time? Slaan has already made his feelings clear, but I'd like to know other people's thoughts on the peasant with the digestive problem.

jkq: Provide 7 gold for a healer. Constipation is no joke.

Black Robe: I'm sure that fellow's digestive problems could be sorted out by making him taste Slaan's cooking, but nobody deserves that. Give him some gold for a healer.

Slaan: Black Robe? Nay, Blackguard! How dare you slander my name and like by insinuating I would do something as base and ignoble as cookery! If the King's advisor hadn't banned duels in this room, why you would be meeting my gauntlet!

We will throw the man a few pieces of gold. When the man is feeling better he should be well enough to join our army. All we have left to decide is where we are going to send our agents.

Black Robe: Send Stan to Plocko and Velek to Milina; those are the last two villages we know nothing about.

sb hermit: Send Stan to Plocko and Velek to Milina and hopefully there are some troops to be found there.

jkq: Send Stan to Plocko and have him see if there's anything interesting going on there.

Send Velek to Milina to do the same as Stan.

Then it is settled. Unless there is any other business I believe it is time to head home. No? Good! We will meet again in a weeks time.

Thank you for your offer but we are not in need of your services right now.

I understand. I should be back in Davern in a few weeks' time, Your Grace. Until then!

All right... Take this gold.

Yes... That should be enough! Thank you, Your Grace.

End of Week Thirty-Four!

Inventory

Archives

Rabbits

Radovian Refugees

Stomach Ache

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 21, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've amended the previous update as I forgot to buy the Ballista while replaying the week.

End of Week Thirty-Four!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (67) A General, a Witch... A Hunter

Hmm... Lorsulia hasn't written in a while. I hope everything with her is fine, regardless...

What can we do about Ivo and Lorsulia? I know we can't attack Hagos. Is there anything else we can do?

We don't know yet what Ivo's plans are, but we need to get ready for when his army marches to Davern. We need to focus on making more alliances with Lords, and improving our castle's defenses. We really need to prioritize who receives our help, as we need all the gold we can gather. We do need to be careful though. If your subjects are unhappy, they will turn against us, and we don't need that right now.

Thank you, Audry.

Your Grace, a small family living on the edge of the village has recently lost their child to a fever. Little I could have done, but I helped them bury the poor mite. We prayed for his soul and I've blessed the spirit on your behalf. The parents were grateful for help from the King's men.

Your Grace, I have helped with the monster in the well. No magic was needed; the creature just needed a gift. Anyway, it shouldn't cause any more problems.

Thank you.

Your Grace, a local baker was missing his flour deliveries. I searched around and it turned out the horses and cart got stuck in the mud on the way over. We helped them and the baker gave us a basket of fresh crusty bread rolls.

The Witch... was spectacular. I have never, ever had such a stream of ideas flowing! I'm exhilarating! I mean, exhilarated! As if her magic went through my entire body, down the quill and straight onto the paper. What started as a simple project, will now turn into my magnum opus! I'm thinking, let's make it big. All on board! A General, a Witch... A Hunter will add a spicy twist! It's going to be a great epic poem, the greatest!

As much as I don't want to stand in the way of your magnetic octopus, we are in the middle of preparing for war. I may be able to spare Velek for a couple of weeks, although I will need to consult with Audry to see if this is possible. I'll summon a servant and have them prepare a guest room for you.

Your Grace! Your General tells me I will be thrown out of the village if I don't clean my mess. How about all the other people? They throw their crap on the streets and it bothers no one! I used to be nice and take my waste into the woods... But people would throw their filth right in front of my house! Now my cart wheels are broken and I can't carry all this in my hands! So it goes where everybody's waste goes... I won't clean it up until everyone else cleans their mess, too!

What sort of place is this? I think that I should send Stan back to kick everyone out of the village if you're treating it like a trash pit! Go wait in the lobby until I decide what I'm going to do with you!

I hear it's a tough time for Davern, Your Grace. One battle followed by another... It mustn't be easy to be a King in such times. I think I know what could help you in the coming struggles, though. Soldiers. More and more soldiers. The more soldiers you have, the better, wouldn't you agree? It just so happens that I have access to highly trained, efficient men that are WILLING to fight for YOUR country. For a fair price, of course. 28 gold for 22 men. Doesn't sound that bad, does it?

It is a tempting offer. Please wait in the dining hall, I will send instructions for you to be fed while you wait for an answer.

Council Meeting

Hello and thank you for returning this week. I know that you didn't sign up to organise battles and sieges within six months of joining the council but I appreciate all of your diligence throughout this short time. We can't afford any upgrades this week so I will forego that particular report this week. We have a few decisions to make with petitioners today as well as working out where we will be sending our agents.

Our first visitor was our old friend Torlando. He has asked if we can spare Velek for a couple of weeks so he can finish work on this epic poem that he is composing. All of our agents are free this week so we can spare him. At the very least it will save paying him a wage for two weeks. Shall we agree to loan our hunter or should we tell Torlando to come back in three weeks? We could decline his offer completely if you really wanted to. We have come this far already so it would be a shame if it were all for nought, but we also have a siege to prepare for and we're lacking a lot of soldiers.

Our next visitor was the butcher from the village of Rafka. He is claiming that the whole village dumps their waste onto the street and in front of his shop, so he is doing no different. He also said that he used to take his waste into the forest but had to stop after a wheel broke on his cart. We can give him 16 gold to repair his cart or we can order him to clean up the mess himself. Rafka is a village with potential recruits so I would advise you all to think carefully about this matter.

Our last visit was from another mercenary who is offering us 22 soldiers for the price of 28 gold. It's a high price for a small number but these are desperate times. Bear in mind that if we agree to fix the cart then we won't be able to hire the mercenaries. Do we agree to her demands or decline them? She may not return if we turn he down at this time.

Map

We're in the unusual position of potentially having all of our agents free, unless we agree to send Velek to Torlando's estate.

North-West

Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Rafka - Hearing: The Butcher.
Zabki - Hearing: Tavern Business.

North-East

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Piwka - Hearing: Love Problems.
Wrowa - Hearing: Flooded Village.

South-West

Baziowo - Hearing: Stomach Ache.
Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

Allies

King Varid - The only reason to invite him is to accept his proposal.
Lurs
Noaksey
Grego - We could sell more paintings to him to raise funds. We can sell the Tapestry, Battle for Brianna and/or [b]The Grey Mountains.

That is all for now. Let's take a break now and make the most of a peaceful week while we can.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 24, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Apologies if you clicked on the update within the first couple of minutes. I thought that I had read through things just fine but then I noticed a few mistakes straight after hitting the post button.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Loan Velek to Torlando, now is as good a time as any. It would be a waste to stop now, seeing as we've already come this far.

Give 16 gold to repair the cart, we can send someone later to recruit for the army.

Decline the offer of soldiers, we can raise 20 in 2 weeks as it is now, so we're really just paying 28 gold to save 2 weeks of time.

Send Stan to Wrowa, at this point all places are equally good.

Send Alena to Piwka, if they're having "love problems", maybe she can help?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Get that smelly Hunter away from me. Send him to the Poet so he can stop stinking the place up and my dear Poet can grace us with a masterpiece again!

Make the drat PEASANT clean up his own mess. Disgusting things, PEASANTS

Hire the soldiers. They can guard my room in the palace from the PEASANTS while I'm here.

And yes yes, do what Lord JKQ says with the others. Though I shall miss my nightly chats with the Witch

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Send Alena to Larek, fever is the sort of thing a Witch can sort out.

Tell Torlando to come back later and send the Hunter to Nielki instead.

And pay the butcher, though he's a bit of an ingrate.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Apologies, my dear council members, for missing last week's meeting. I was attending to a matter of dustmost... I mean, utmost importance! But rest assured I am focused on the kingdom's problems once again.

Aha! Torlando the Wonderful! It warms my heart to hear his dulcet tones once again! Send Velek with the troubadour so that he may finish his masterpiece!

A butcher has no coin to fix a broken cart? Sounds like a pitiful excuse for a businessman! Still, we must garner all the support we can. Lend the butcher some gold for his cart, and pray we don't need to send Stan to clean up this mess...

An extra two dozen men won't turn the tide of our war. Send the mercenaries away.

Lastly, Stan and Alena should venture out and garner support among our people. Send Stan to Toktun, as he aided them in the past, and Alena to Polasek as the Babushka threatens them no longer.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

jkq posted:

Loan Velek to Torlando, now is as good a time as any. It would be a waste to stop now, seeing as we've already come this far.

Give 16 gold to repair the cart, we can send someone later to recruit for the army.

Decline the offer of soldiers, we can raise 20 in 2 weeks as it is now, so we're really just paying 28 gold to save 2 weeks of time.

Send Stan to Wrowa, at this point all places are equally good.

Send Alena to Piwka, if they're having "love problems", maybe she can help?

Agreed on all points. We might want to consider selling that 'modern' painting to Grego as well, money's getting a little tight and we have defences to pay for.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Send Hunter to the poet. With how things are going, a poem might be the only legacy we'll leave behind us.

Fix the trash cart. History teaches us that if the government doesn't handle garbage disposal, the mafia will step in to do it, and then it takes a century to reverse course.

Do not pay for soldiers. Speaking of historical lessons, it is known that mercenaries are either very capable people or not; if they are, we cannot rely upon them, for they will always aspire to their own greatness, either by oppressing us, their masters, or by oppressing others against our intentions; but if they are not capable people, they will generally ruin us.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Black Robe posted:

We might want to consider selling that 'modern' painting to Grego as well, money's getting a little tight and we have defences to pay for.

Quite right! Sell Battle for Brianna and They Grey Mountains to Grego, but keep the tapestry!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a few days since the last vote so I'm going to end it now. I'm not going to invite Grego just yet, if there's a firm call to sell the paintings then I will certainly do so.

I'm hoping that my routine will start to settle down as of next week. My partner broke her wrist in two places several weeks ago so my free time has gone from some to minimal. I'm glad that I'm still able to keep updating on a semi-regular basis but most days I've been busy from 0800-2315 with childcare, work and taking care of my partner. I managed to finish work a couple of hours early today so I'm going to start work on an update shortly.

Torlando
Loan Velek - 4
Come Back Later - 1
>Velek: Nielki - 1

Torlando
Loan Velek - 5
Come Back Later - 1
>Velek: Nielki - 1

Butcher
Give Gold - 5
Tell Him Off - 1

Mercenary
Hire - 1
Decline - 4

Stan
Toktun - 1
Wrowa - 3

Alena
Larek - 1
Piwka - 3
Polasek - 1

Allies
Grego - 2?

Edit: Adjusted.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 28, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (68) Week Thirty-Five Summary

I trust that you enjoyed your lunch break as you're all looking hale and hearty, my fine companions. Have you all had a chance to consider Torlando's request?

jkq: Loan Velek to Torlando, now is as good a time as any. It would be a waste to stop now, seeing as we've already come this far.

Slaan: Get that smelly Hunter away from me. Send him to the Poet so he can stop stinking the place up and my dear Poet can grace us with a masterpiece again!

Quackles: Tell Torlando to come back later and send the Hunter to Nielki instead.

Bregor: Apologies, my dear council members, for missing last week's meeting. I was attending to a matter of dustmost... I mean, utmost importance! But rest assured I am focused on the kingdom's problems once again.

Aha! Torlando the Wonderful! It warms my heart to hear his dulcet tones once again! Send Velek with the troubadour so that he may finish his masterpiece!

Rogue AI Goddess: Send Hunter to the poet. With how things are going, a poem might be the only legacy we'll leave behind us.

Welcome back Bregor. I hope that you're feeling okay, your nose is looking a little bit red and swollen. I will allow Torlando to make use of Velek's talents for a couple of weeks. How should we handle the waste issue in Rafka?

Rogue AI Goddess: Fix the trash cart. History teaches us that if the government doesn't handle garbage disposal, the mafia will step in to do it, and then it takes a century to reverse course.

Bregor: A butcher has no coin to fix a broken cart? Sounds like a pitiful excuse for a businessman! Still, we must garner all the support we can. Lend the butcher some gold for his cart, and pray we don't need to send Stan to clean up this mess...

Quackles: Pay the butcher, though he's a bit of an ingrate.

Slaan: Make the drat PEASANT clean up his own mess. Disgusting things, PEASANTS

jkq: Give 16 gold to repair the cart, we can send someone later to recruit for the army.

We do have gold to spare in the treasury to fix the butchers cart. We need to find ways to start increasing the contents of our coffers though as we're in dire need of 120 gold to finish the upgrades to the castle. We don't have the funds to finance the cart repairs and the mercenaries this week, but I could shuffle things around if there is a strong argument for recruiting these soldiers.

Slaan: Hire the soldiers. They can guard my room in the palace from the PEASANTS while I'm here.

Bregor: An extra two dozen men won't turn the tide of our war. Send the mercenaries away.

Rogue AI Goddess: Do not pay for soldiers. Speaking of historical lessons, it is known that mercenaries are either very capable people or not; if they are, we cannot rely upon them, for they will always aspire to their own greatness, either by oppressing us, their masters, or by oppressing others against our intentions; but if they are not capable people, they will generally ruin us.

jkq: Decline the offer of soldiers, we can raise 20 in 2 weeks as it is now, so we're really just paying 28 gold to save 2 weeks of time.

I will tell the King to decline this generous offer, let's hope that we won't regret this decision when the time comes. The court matters are now concluded so it's time to move on to the weekly tasks. We need to decide on where to send the agents. Velek is now in the... hands of Torlando but Stan and Alena are available this week.

Bregor: Stan and Alena should venture out and garner support among our people. Send Stan to Toktun, as he aided them in the past, and Alena to Polasek as the Babushka threatens them no longer.

jkq: Send Stan to Wrowa, at this point all places are equally good. Send Alena to Piwka, if they're having "love problems", maybe she can help?

Slaan: Yes yes, do what Lord JKQ says with the others. Though I shall miss my nightly chats with the Witch

Quackles: Send Alena to Larek, fever is the sort of thing a Witch can sort out.

Stan will be sent to Wrowa and Alena will be sent to Piwka. I believe that we are done here unless anyone has anything further to add.

Black Robe: We might want to consider selling that 'modern' painting to Grego as well, money's getting a little tight and we have defences to pay for.

Bregor: Quite right! Sell Battle for Brianna and They Grey Mountains to Grego, but keep the tapestry!

I would be inclined to agree as we need the money. It would seem that there isn't a strong agreement right now so we will keep the paintings for now. It's getting late now but I will bring this up in the next meeting. As much as I would like to keep the family heirlooms safe and intact, they won't be of any value if they're burning alongside the rest of the castle. I should really end a meeting in the official manner at some point this year but right now I'm tired and in need of the cludgie. Cheers, everyone! See you next week!

We've got so far, let's do this properly!

Oh, you are as excited as I am! I can see it in your eyes. Won't be long now! Just a little patience! It's going to be... FABULOUS!

Repair your cart. I'll have my people send the word out to your neighbors. They'll have until the end of the month to clean the path. This gold should be enough to fix up your cart or get a new one. Keep the roads clean, otherwise disease develops and people get sick.

Now we are talking! I knew I could count on your help. These scumbags will see who's smarter! Thank you so much, Your Grace. We'll keep the roads clean from now on.

I will pass for now. I think we should do just fine without your men.

Ah well, let's just hope King Ivo won't want my men insteas, in that case. Farewell, Your Grace. Maybe we will see each other again one day. Or perhaps not, haha!

End of Week Thirty-Five!

Inventory

Archives

Torlando the Wonderful

Monster in the Well

Butcher Stench

The Butcher

Merchant - Mercaneries

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 5, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I was going to make a follow-up post to this update with some thoughts but after a quick search, I've managed to answer some things beforehand.

This game has a lot of grammatical errors as well as spelling mistakes which I've kept in for the majority of the LP. I have corrected a few things here and there but they've only been in places where they really went off the rails. I had some suspicion that English wasn't the native language of the developers which was fueled further by the very Polish-sounding names of the villages. After a quick search before posting this, I discovered that the developers are in fact Polish. Siema to all my Polish friends. I have tried to learn some Polish over the years but I always felt like I offended certain people whenever I tried to pronounce anything.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (69) He Just Sits There, Farting On His Chair

I have told the villagers you wanted to see them regarding the call to arms. They should be here shortly.

I have told the villagers you wanted to see them regarding the call to arms. They should be here shortly.

Your Grace, thank you once again. Your Witch advised us on how to deal with Vodyanoy in the well. We took our best chicken and... We put him in the well. Vodyanoy must have accepted our sacrifice, as he is no longer to be heard! But where do we find another chicken like this one... Hmm...

What is it that you wanted, Your Grace?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? We're preparing for the war. We need help.

You have rebuilt our homes after the floods. And they are even stronger than before! I don't think we could get better houses anywhere else. We'll stand by you in the battle. We want to protect our lands.

Be ready. The battle starts in 14 weeks.

Hello, Your Grace. You have called for me?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? A war is coming. We need help.

I will! My lady... She found another man. She threw me out. I have nothin' else to do with myself. All I do is cry every night. Maybe being in the army can soothe my pain.

Be ready. The battle starts in 14 weeks.

Your Grace, a package from Atana.

A package? From Atana? They're not proposing a truce, are they? Was there any message with this?

My orders were simply to deliver the package, Your Grace.

This could be a trap! We should dispose of it right away!

OH! A scarf?! Huh, all that worry for nothing. It must be from Lorsulia! She's still fine! But wouldn't she include a letter with it?

It's a black scarf. Very finely sewn. I don't think I should wear it, but perhaps one of the girls will like it.

Your Grace, someone, or rather, something, is stealing all kinds of things in our village. I believe I am the latest victim. It's been going on for a while now. People are missing grain, onions, even gold. Most often potatoes. It sounds trivial, I know. But I wouldn't bother you if it was just that. Recently, a family trinket was stolen. We looked for it and asked around, but it's nowhere to be found.

And what is the trinket?

It was a small casket, which contained... Well, that I cannot tell. It has more of a sentimental value, than anything else.

How can you expect me to help you if I don't even know what it is that you are looking for?

Fine... To be honest, I don't even know what's inside it. It's a family heirloom, but I was afraid to open it. Apparently it's cursed. Whatever is inside can kill a man when it's opened. I know how it sounds. I didn't believe it at first, but after seeing what happened to Uncle Waclav... I would be cautious.
Do you have any idea where it may be? Do you know who might have taken it?

Yes, actually... I have seen a demon going down Slavco's chimney...

Tell me about the demon.

They call it Aitwar. I haven't seen it up close, but they say it's a snake with wings, a bird's head and a shaggy tail - umm, a little bit like a broom! It's a clever little beast, and a very quiet one too! It gets out through one chimney, and gets in through the other. It flies around the village and steals whatever it can! That's why all sorts of items have been disappearing recently. Aitwars usually find one place to stay. They bring all the goods to their owner, in exchange for some supper. After the hunt, it gets tired. You can tell, because sparks come off its tail! That's when it goes back to its master.

And I'm guessing that "master" will be Slavco? Did you try talking to him?

I would go and ask him myself, but... Well, let's just say he's a big fellow, and not the talkative type. However, I'm sure he would be willing to chat with a royal Hunter!

We don't have enough hunters available, Your Grace!

I'm sorry... Your story was captivating, but my Hunters are needed elsewhere. Go and talk to Slavco yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

I see... Well, at least I tried. Thank you for this audience, Your Grace. Mila was right. He just sits there, farting on his chair, the useless prat...

Your Grace! We have to do something about Bolties! Every time I finish my work in the fields they get me! And not only me, but others too! After finishing up in the tavern with the boys, on my way home... They just show up and make me lose orientation. And every night, I just circle around the village. Sometimes I don't even remember where I went. I just wake up the next morning with new cuts and bruises. My wife is very worried and doesn't believe me! She tells me: 'if this is what happens, ask the King to send a Hunter'. Please send the Hunter, Your Grace! Otherwise she'll kick me out of the house!

I can't help. I'm sorry. All of my hunters are busy. Have one of your friends walk you home next time.

Oh... Well, it was worth a try...

Family Matters

Darling?

Lorsulia has sent us a small gift. Here, take a look.

Let's see... Huh, it's very carefully sewn! Definitely Lorsulia's doing, just like I taught her! The fur is high quality. It must have been very expensive! Would Ivo let her send us a present like this?

Perhaps he doesn't know about it?

Let me try it on. Ah... It's too small for me. Such a shame. Maybe she made it for one of her sisters?

Perhaps.

Yes, Father?

Lorsulia sent us a gift. It's a scarf. Do you want to try it on?

A black scarf? Huh, let's see. Hmm... It's not long enough for me. Lorsulia made it? She really got good at stitching. Mother's lessons were not in vain. It makes me feel a bit bad I never put enough effort into that. Take it back, I've no use for it.

Hmm... What to do with this thing? Should I give it to Cedani or should I just dispose of it?

Council Meeting

Welcome back to the council chambers once again. We currently don't have the funds for any further upgrades, but there was talk during last week's meeting about selling some of the King's paintings to Grego. Shall we invite Lord Grego and if we do, which of the paintings should we sell? We have The Grey Mountains, the Tapestry and the Battle For Brianna.

Despite the long queue of petitioners, there wasn't any business that needed our input. The King received a package from Atana today which contained a black-furred scarf, we have 12 more soldiers for our army and the only requests made to the King were ones that couldn't be fulfilled.

Map

Alena and Stan are currently free this week so we may as well make use of their services.

North-West

Zabki - Hearing: Tavern Business.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket

South-West

Baziowo - Hearing: Stomach Ache.

South-East

Gryfno - Hearing: Monster in the Well.

That is all for now. It's time for a spot of lunch, I'll see you all in an hour!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 1, 2024

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Give the scarf to Cedani, see what she has to say about it.

Sell the ugly censored mess of a painting Battle for Brianna to Grego, maybe he will "appreciate" it as much as we have.

Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo, and see if the can convince more villagers to join the army.

------

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Yes, actually... I have seen a on going down Slavco's chimney...

"on" should be "demon"?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

"on" should be "demon"?

It should indeed and I've amended it. Thank you, you're a star!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Didn't Lorsulia leave with a black pet cat? 😬

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Give the scarf to Cedani, see if it will give her the regal look to command her new agents

GunnerJ posted:

Didn't Lorsulia leave with a black pet cat? 😬

:ohdear:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo

Don't worry my Lords, I will make sure that the arrogant PEASANT that insulted the King is dealt with. We can't have that sort of knavery and stupidity in the PEASANTS now can we!?

No no, don't both saying you don't want me to have a guard take care of him. I know. I'll not 'take care of him,' as you wish *wink*

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I say, Audry, a spot of lunch sounds most divine. Is that roast ham I smell? Thank goodness my sense of smell was unaffected by... uh... my fatigue from last week.

Our coffers are running a bit low, and I fear we will have far greater expenses as the war draws near. Invite Grego and sell Battle for Brianna and The Grey Mountains.

GunnerJ posted:

Didn't Lorsulia leave with a black pet cat?

Dear me! What a dreadful thought! Cedani did so love that cat, and if she recognizes the fur... no, no, it's too much to bear. Dispose of the scarf, better safe than sorry.

I agree with my fellow council members, send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo. Our efforts to recruit our subjects is going quite well!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

There is an approximately 0% chance that package was actually sent by the kings daughter. Let's not engage with the scarf until we know more of it.

That poor peasant wishing he too could be paid to fart in a chair. Well, not everyone can have the privileges we enjoy. The poor man shall just have to return to farting in the fields.

Send Stan and the witch out to wherever is nearest.

And we purchased that horrifying nightmare of a painting to remove it from circulation. Please, can we invite Gregor to burn the thing to cinders in front of us?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sell Grego the Battle for Briana

Yes, that scarf is absolutely made from cat... The sensible thing would be to dispose of it but I am morbidly curious. Show it to the girl. even I feel a little bad about this one

Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo, why not.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been several days since the last vote so I'm going to call an end to the voting now. I'll sell the Battle For Brianna to Grego but keep The Grey Mountains for now, we can always invite him back again.

Scarf
Give To Cedani - 3
Dispose Of It - 2

Grego
Battle For Brianna - 4
The Grey Mountains - 1

Stan
Nearest Vilage - 1
Zabki - 4

Alena
Nearest Village - 1
Baziowo - 4

Edit: I forgot to mention that Yes, Your Grace is currently 65% off on Steam right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1115690/Yes_Your_Grace/

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 5, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (70) Week Thirty-Six Summary

Welcome back and thank you for your patience! I suppose with so few options we could have foregone with the usual break, but tradition is tradition! I also can't say no to a free lunch... Let's discuss the matter of the paintings, should we sell any to Lord Grego to help raise funds?

jkq: Sell the ugly censored mess of a painting Battle for Brianna to Grego, maybe he will "appreciate" it as much as we have.

Bregor: Our coffers are running a bit low, and I fear we will have far greater expenses as the war draws near. Invite Grego and sell Battle for Brianna and The Grey Mountains.

FoolyCharged: We purchased that horrifying nightmare of a painting to remove it from circulation. Please, can we invite Gregor to burn the thing to cinders in front of us?

Black Robe: Sell Grego the Battle for Briana

I will send a pigeon to Lord Grego when the meeting has concluded. We will sell him "The Battle For Brianna" as there is a call for it to be disposed of with immediate effect. We will keep "The Grey Mountains" for now, we can always invite Grego back at a later time if we need to raise more funds. The second, and final, decision to make is where to send our agents.

Black Robe: Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo, why not.

FoolyCharged: Send Stan and the witch out to wherever is nearest.

Bregor: I agree with my fellow council members, send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo. Our efforts to recruit our subjects is going quite well!

Slaan: Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo

Don't worry my Lords, I will make sure that the arrogant PEASANT that insulted the King is dealt with. We can't have that sort of knavery and stupidity in the PEASANTS now can we!?

No no, don't both saying you don't want me to have a guard take care of him. I know. I'll not 'take care of him,' as you wish *wink*

jkq: Send Stan to Zabki and Alena to Baziowo, and see if the can convince more villagers to join the army.

It shall be done. This meeting is now officially at end. Thank you all once again!

Your Grace.

Your sister send you a present!

A gift from Lorsulia?! Let me see! It's so pretty! So soft and shiny! Kind of reminds me of Dusty... How do I look?

Dusty? By the gods, it's not from Lorsulia... give it back, Cedani!

DUSTY?!

It's Dusty's fur! What happened to him? Why would Lorsulia do this to him?!

What is happening? The whole castle will have heard you, Cedani!

Lorsulia killed Dusty!

Gods! I thought I recognised the fur from somewhere!

I'm sorry, Cedani, I was mistaken. It's not from Lorsulia. It must have been Ivo. Lorsulia was right to warn me not to anger him further. He's trying to show who's in control. He will pay for this.

It definitely seems as if Lorsulia sewed the thing together... But she wouldn't do that, would she?

Unless she was forced...

He thinks he can do whatever he wants. I fear for our daughter, Eryk. We need to do something.

Ivo will pay for his sins.

Come with me, Cedani. Everything is going to be fine.

My poor Dusty...

Darling?

I am so sorry... I didn't realise it was Dusty. Otherwise I wouldn't ever show it to Cedani! How could he?... This cruel rat!

Oh, Lulie... Just hand tightly in there. Eryk, we must do something.

But how can we?! I'm helpless, Aurelea. I'm a useless King. Can't keep my family safe... Our forces aren't strong enough to attack. I can't take this any more...

Don't do this, Eryk. We must keep it together until the battle. We can win this, I know it...

End of Week Thirty-Six!

Inventory

Archives

Cedani

Monster in the Well

Lost Casket

Bolties

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:smith:

Ivo must pay! :argh:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Bregor posted:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's going to be a slight delay with the next update as I'm going to be unavailable at all for the next couple of days and my free time remains uncertain for the rest of the week. I'll do what I can and there will be another update next weekend at the latest.

I managed to put an hour's work into the next update tonight and I'm glad that I did. I don't want to spoil anything but it's going to be a busy throne room next week. I've managed to complete 99% of the petitioner side of things but it's getting late and no doubt I'll be up early as my daughter is staying with me. I still need to work on other parts as well as the council meeting. I'm hoping to have something up on Tuesday or Wednesday at some point but I can't guarantee it right now.

Malah
May 18, 2015

:wtc:

Bregor posted:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bregor posted:

get his rear end

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (71) It Will Make Your Life Sweeter

Atana? Already here?!

I think... this came from the Gardens!

Asalia!

Oh, what is she up to now?

Your Grace, I helped the poem writer. Tornado... or something? Rather a strange experience. He seemed happy with the results though.

Your Grace.

I have another painting for you. Take a look at this one.

Fabulous! I will take it! 18 pieces of gold. Is that all right?

Sure.

It's a pleasure doing business with you.

I think that is all. Thank you for visiting.

Goodbye, Your Grace.

Your Grace, nice to see you again.

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? We have a chance to win the war. But we need to build up our defenses.

My tavern business is booming, Your Grace. I will never give up on it. You can count on me and my men.

Be ready. The battle starts in 13 weeks.

Yer Grace! I 'ear yer 'elpin' the Radovian beasts! Lettin' Radovian men go? 'Oo cares if it's women or children. Could be 'ounds, I wouldn't care! All t'same rabble, y'ask me. If it were me, I'd 'ave 'em all lined under halter! I 'ope Atana crushes yeh in a jiffy! Tfu!

Your Grace! I can't believe you have convinced him to clean up! The butcher, he returned home last week and tidied up the entire road! Swearing and throwing things around... But it's clean now! I didn't think he'd listen to you... He's as stubborn as a mule! I was sure he'd rather move out of here than clean it up! Thank you so much, Your Grace.

I'm glad I could help. Please help the man clean the path too. It's not only his waste that's on it...

Of course, Your Grace.

Your Grace?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? A war is coming. But need help protecting our kingdom.

You healed me, Your Grace. Now I'm as fit as when I was twenty! I will help. And get my friends too.

Be ready. The battle starts in 13 weeks.

Please, Your Grace! This woman is trying to take my baby away. I think she means him harm!

She lies, Your Grace! She has stolen MY baby away, and I'm worried she will do something terrible to him!

Your Grace, something is clearly amiss. We can't give this baby to someone who might hurt him.

I'll get my General to divide him up... Then you both get an equal share.

What?! That's horrible!

Let's not waste any time, then. Chop chop!

What?! That was a joke! But this makes it clear who truly cares for this newborn... I think he's better off with the mother who doesn't want to chop him in half.

Thank you, Your Grace!

Your Grace, I bring you something truly special. It is only for the wealthiest Kings and Lords. A bag of sugar. It will make your life sweeter. You can put it in your wine, or on your bread! It is delicious!

This will make my family very happy but it does come with a big price tag. I will need to discuss this with my advisor before committing to any deal.

Look what she's done Eryk! Dear gods... What did you do with your hair? And your dress? Is that a ring in your nose? Are you one of those barbarians now?! Eryk, did you know about this? She just came back from the town, look at her!

They're not barbarians! Stop calling them that! It's not her fault she was born on the other side of the mountains!

Let's all keep it quiet. Asalia... I thought your mother had forbidden her from entering the castle?

She expelled her from the castle, yes. But she didn't say I can't see her anymore. We meet in town and play for a few hours, that's all.

Are you trying to torment your mother this time around?

No! I just thought I would try something new. Maya helped me with it.

Oh, I knew it was her doing!

Playing with a bow now? Did you get bored of the sword already?

Well, a little bit! Maya lent me hers so I can practice more. She says that life for girls is difficult so we must know how to defend ourselves!

That's enough, what do we do with you now?

Father! I didn't do anything bad! Just got a new haircut!

And you wrecked a very expensive dress!

And you broke the window in the throne room.

This Maya has too much influence over you and will get you into trouble! I think it's best if she stops seeing her altogether, Eryk.

Let them have some fun while life allows for it. The hair will grow back, the dye will wash off. That ring... Well it will leave a hole in your nose, for sure. And the dress...

You will have to wear it, as it is! You ruined it, you keep it!

Thank you, Father!

Ah, you're too kind with her, Eryk. I will be in our bedchamber, if anyone needs me.

I got a tattoo on my ankle as well. Just don't tell mother!

As!

Darling?

I'm worried about Asalia. Sneaking out, changing her dress like that?

She's not like a princess at all! This Maya is a bad influence on her.

I think she's reacting like this because of all the wedding talk we've had recently. She doesn't want to get married, and she's scared we'll force her into a marriage she doesn't want. That's why I'm trying not to be so rough on her...

You're right... Maybe I'm overreacting. I'm worried too. I don't want her to do something she's going to regret...

It's her age. She'll grow out of it.

I know, I know... this pregnancy is making me irritable.

I don't think we can stop her from seeing Maya. If we forbid her, she'll sneak out again...

Fine, I'll go and speak to her. I'll apologise for shouting at her so much.

Council Meeting

Welcome, welcome! You all know the drill by now, be seated and I will begin. We had a very busy court today, lots of visitors but not a lot of action going on. The King did decide to cut a baby in half as a joke, at least he said he was joking but I can't be too sure these days. We did have a visit from a merchant today who was offering to sell the King a bag of sugar for 23 gold. It would make a nice gift for Queen Aurelea and the children but it would be an expensive one. Should we buy the sugar or refuse the offer? There's also the option to throw the man in jail but that would also mean disposing of the merchandise as well.

Map

All of our agents are free this week, which is good news for us as we still need to recruit another 2880 soldiers.

North-West

Dolka - Hearing: Butcher Stench.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket

South-West

South-East

Gryfno - Hearing: Monster in the Well.
Kamienica - Hearing: Whose Baby.

Time for a break! If anyone has anything further to add then please bring it up upon our return.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 18, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I managed to finish work a couple of hours early which was a godsend as I was able to have a couple of hours of peace in order to finish this update. I've already mentioned about my personal life having a bit of a change with free time over the last couple of months, it's also the easter holidays for schools here which has also kept me busy elsewhere.

When things do start to normalise I'm planning on showing some more extra content. I have a few things in mind that I'd like to show off, mainly some of the game-over content. I'm fairly certain that's possible to lose the battle with Radovia, I can't remember what happens if you don't have enough soldiers to begin with though.

In regards to this update, you have the option to forbid Asalia from seeing Maya or to go easy on her. I chose to go easy because why not?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Send someone to Kamienica.

Also, tell the sugar man we're not interested. There's a war on!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

In regards to this update, you have the option to forbid Asalia from seeing Maya or to go easy on her. I chose to go easy because why not?

this seems like a wise decision

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Refuse the sugar, we need to save up money for the castle upgrades.

Send Stan to Dolka, Alena to Gryfno, and Velek to Kamienicia, as we still don't really have any specific requirements for them.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

A most wise decision, Audry–I mean, RBD

As for the sugarman, send him away! We have no use for such an expensive trifle! I have half a mind to send him to the dungeon, as this is clearly a sign of some other swindling and shady deals afoot, but we have more pressing matters.

jkq posted:

Send Stan to Dolka, Alena to Gryfno, and Velek to Kamienicia, as we still don't really have any specific requirements for them.

I agree with my esteemed councilmember, this seems reasonable. However we still need to fund the construction of a moat and reinforcement of our gates. Perhaps we should consider not paying our agents' salaries for a week or two and save some coin?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Bregor posted:

Perhaps we should consider not paying our agents' salaries for a week or two and save some coin?

Isn't that what happens when we send them out somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Refuse the offer, we don't have the funds to spare for luxury foodstuffs. No matter how tempting.

Send our agents to the closest villages we haven't recruited from yet.

Hopefully by next week we'll be able to afford another upgrade.