Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Get the sugar my King! These dreadful meetings will go by faster with a bit of sweetness in my repast

Send the agents out to, oh I don't know Truplice, Lutel and Hozno. Better they talk to my PEASANTS in the North than others. And it'll keep the witch nearby my hunting lodge...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
It's been a couple of days since the last vote, I'm going to close it now. I'll try to work on an update tomorrow. It's a shame about the sugar but there is a war going on and we need those upgrades.

Merchant
Deal - 1
No Deal - 4

Any Agent
Kamienica - 1
Closest Villages - 1
Truplice\Lutel\Hozno - 1

Stan
Dolka - 2

Alena
Gryfno - 2

Velek
Kamienica - 2

Bregor posted:

Perhaps we should consider not paying our agents' salaries for a week or two and save some coin?

jkq posted:

Isn't that what happens when we send them out somewhere?

I think that we only save money on their wages if they're away for longer than a single week. Right now it's a balancing act of needing upgrades but also still needing to recruit almost 2900 soldiers.

Right now we're recruiting 6 soldiers at a time from each village that agrees to join us, but at the same time there's no point in reinforcing the walls if there's no one to defend them.

We're in a bit of a pickle right now no matter what we do.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
With the choices we have, it's impossible to get to 3000 army. There will have to be a Deus Ex Machina to get us out of this mess. My guess is that it's related to the Radovians.

The game's writing and kingdom management are fun, but my continued gripe is that our efforts are often undermined. In the plot sense, the wedding preparations and Ivo's double betrayal are the worst offenders. For non-plot choices, the tavern investment and the Sir Friderick debacle.

Setting aside the game's issues, the LP has been a pleasure to read thus far.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

With the choices we have, it's impossible to get to 3000 army. There will have to be a Deus Ex Machina to get us out of this mess. My guess is that it's related to the Radovians.

The game's writing and kingdom management are fun, but my continued gripe is that our efforts are often undermined. In the plot sense, the wedding preparations and Ivo's double betrayal are the worst offenders. For non-plot choices, the tavern investment and the Sir Friderick debacle.

Setting aside the game's issues, the LP has been a pleasure to read thus far.

The 3000 soldiers is an ideal situation and one that we would need to achieve if we wanted to meet them in an open battle, but in reality, we are preparing for a siege and we are completely out of options for outside help. Well, that's unless we help/hinder the Radovians and/or marry off Asalia but that will still leave us short. We're trickling in between 10-28 soldiers a week and we are out of allies. Maybe something will crop up within the next 12 weeks?

I keep mentioning that we need to recruit 3000 soldiers as that's what Eryk is hoping for. I was almost tempted to put something behind a spoiler tag but I'd rather let things crop up naturally.

Edit: Thank you for your kind words!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (72) Week Thirty-Seven Summary

Alright, now we are seated again we will conclude this week's council session. The only petition that we had this week was the offer from the sugar merchant. Should we buy a bag for the Queen or shall we save our money for our much-needed fortifications?

Quackles: Tell the sugar man we're not interested. There's a war on!

jkq: Refuse the sugar, we need to save up money for the castle upgrades.

Bregor: As for the sugarman, send him away! We have no use for such an expensive trifle! I have half a mind to send him to the dungeon, as this is clearly a sign of some other swindling and shady deals afoot, but we have more pressing matters.

Black Robe: Refuse the offer, we don't have the funds to spare for luxury foodstuffs. No matter how tempting.

Slaan: Get the sugar my King! These dreadful meetings will go by faster with a bit of sweetness in my repast

I will tell the King to save our money, perhaps the merchant will return when we have more funds to spare. It's very unusual to see Slaan being so frivolous with the treasury, normally these decisions go the opposite way around. There's only one more matter to deal with this week and that is regarding where we should send our agents.

Slaan: Send the agents out to, oh I don't know Truplice, Lutel and Hozno. Better they talk to my PEASANTS in the North than others. And it'll keep the witch nearby my hunting lodge...

Black Robe: Send our agents to the closest villages we haven't recruited from yet.

Hopefully by next week we'll be able to afford another upgrade.

jkq: Send Stan to Dolka, Alena to Gryfno, and Velek to Kamienicia, as we still don't really have any specific requirements for them.

Bregor: I agree with my esteemed councilmember, this seems reasonable. However we still need to fund the construction of a moat and reinforcement of our gates. Perhaps we should consider not paying our agents' salaries for a week or two and save some coin?

Quackles: Send someone to Kamienica.

A very mixed set of opinions, but jkq and Bregor were the only ones in agreement so we will adhere to it. In regards to saving on wages, we're doing okay financially and have another 12 weeks to work on fortifications. If our financial situation started to become dire then we'd definitely be making some cuts to our spending. We can relax, for now. Talking of relaxing, it's time to call this meeting to a close. Thank you all for your time. Let's get out of here!

Thank you for waiting but we don't need luxuries like this here. I have too many other responsibilities right now. Maybe come back after the battle.

Sure thing, Your Grace. Have a lovely day.

End of Week Thirty-Seven!

Inventory

Archives

A Lingering Resentment

Asalia

Butcher Stench

Whose Baby

Sweet Deal

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Yes, Your Grace - Endings 1, 2 & 3

There are five official endings to Yes, Your Grace and only one of them is a good ending. The first three endings can happen at any time and they happen when you run out of resources. The last two endings will happen at the end of the game and the result will be down to certain decisions that you made in reaching the ending. I'll show off the other two endings at the appropriate time, this post will concentrate on the first three endings.

Ending One - Contentment

This is the hardest out of the three endings to attain. You can spend money and supplies like there's no tomorrow yet the contentment rises and lowers between 1 and 4 each week depending on your decisions. This event triggers when the contentment of your people dips below 0 at the start of the week and you can attain this by constantly refusing to help them.

I'm not sure how quickly you can trigger this event, this is something that I'll have to experiment with more to find out how quickly you can dethrone yourself in this manner. When the contentment does drop below zero you start the week with several guests entering the throne room to speak to you.

This ending only happens if you don't have the resources to pay off the villagers. If you do have enough resources to bribe them, they will let you live and you get a boost of +10 contentment. You can let your contentment fall below 0 as much as you want and you will keep living as long as you have the resources to bribe your way out of the situation.

Ending Two - Gold

Ending Three - Supplies

These endings will happen instantly as soon as you start the week with a minus in either of them.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm currently working on the next update and I've just noticed an error in update 71 which I've now fixed. I used this sprite for one of the peasants instead of this one .

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (73) It's All My Fault!

Lorsulia... Is this... Is this her goodbye?

She's not safe in Atana...

We need to defeat Ivo, take her back! I can't allow this bottom feeder to harm her! I will find that scumbag and flatten him into the ground!

I know you want to, but we need to be smart about this. We can't take the battle to him, Your Grace! You know this! We need him to come here, where we have an advantage behind the walls.

It's all my fault. I shouldn't have sent her there... I need to show this to Aurelea...

Darling?

Honey, Lorsulia sent another letter... Our daughter... She... She's in danger, Aurelea. It's all my fault. And I can't do anything... Why are the gods punishing us so harshly? As if the battle wasn't enough!

What is happening? Eryk! Talk to me!

Lorsulia's most recent letter reads: "I now see there is no way out of this for me" " Tell Mother I love her"...

What does this mean?! Eryk! We must do something!

She said Ivo is frantic, and that he wants me gone.

Oh no.. If Ivo saw that letter... "Tell Mother I love her"? Was she saying goodbye?

We need to send someone to get her.

His guards are too strong, we would never be able to get to her... He probably keeps her locked up, just in case if we send someone. We just need to wait...

That's true, if we anger him, he might harm her. He's confident that if he attacks us, he can win the castle over. But if we can surprise him! If we prepare well enough, and win the battle, Lorsulia will come back home!

I really hope this is going to be the case, darling.

I have told the villagers you wanted to see them regarding the call to arms. They should be here shortly.

I have told the villagers you wanted to see them regarding the call to arms. They should be here shortly.

Yes, Your Grace?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? We're going to war. My army needs you.

Thanks to you, I can finally sleep at night!

I wish I could too...

All of us in my village will fight alongside you.

Thank you. Be ready. The battle starts in 12 weeks.

Your Grace, you wanted to see me?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? A war is coming. My army needs you.

You have helped our village with the Vodyanoy! Of course we'll stand by your side. We couldn't have wished for a better King!

Be ready. The battle starts in 12 weeks.

You have called for me?

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? Atana is going to attack. Every little help will be appreciated.

I have just had a little baby I need to take care of. You helped me save the baby, Your Grace! Do you remember? I wouldn't be much use, but I can send my husband. He is strong, he will help.

Thank you. Be ready. The battle starts in 12 weeks.

Have you ever heard of mudbugs, Your Grace? Insect-like creatures. Living in swamps, they glow at night! Some might say they guard treasures, but... don't listen to these lies. They simply prey on those who follow the light! Remember, if you find yourself lost in the forest after sundown, do not follow the lights!

Why are you telling me this? I can't say I usually get lost in the woodlands...

My son wanted to look for the treasures in the forest. Like I said... The treasures, unlike the mudbugs, are nothing but lies. He hasn't come back yet, and I'm afraid he's lost. I told him not to listen to these rumours...

I will speak to my advisor to see what options are available to help you. Please wait in the lobby and I will call you back in shortly.

Your Grace, I have a problem. I have been working on all sorts of buildings in the village. The forge, the new inn, a chapel... It's the only thing I can do. But because I have been working with very heavy stones, my back is gone. I can't lift anything anymore. Every time I try to bend down, I just faint. What can an old man like me do to make some coin? I have no family to support me. And the only thing I could do, I'm no longer fit for.

I will need to discuss this with my advisor, maybe there is a way in which we can compensate you. Please wait in the lobby and we will call you back in once we have checked to see what resources we have available.

Yes, Father?

Your sister sent another letter. Lulie asked me to tell you to follow your heart...

Oh, we've not heard from her for a long time, is she well?

Lorsulia might be in danger. Ivo wants to avenge his father by killing me. But I don't want you to panic!

What?! Father! Why? There was a trial! You didn't poison King Talys!

Yes, I know. Calm down. We won't let him do any harm. Everything is going to be alright.

What is going to happen to Lorsulia?

I don't know honey, I'm sorry...

Your Grace.

Your sister sent a letter. Lorsulia is very sorry about Dusty. She hopes you can forgive her one day.

I don't know if I can, Your Grace. If she didn't like Dusty, she should never have taken him! She never deserved him!

Please don't be upset. I really didn't know... I know how much you loved Dusty... Please don't blame Lorsulia for this. It's all my fault... I love you so much my Pumpkin.

I really love you too, Father.

Council Meeting

Greetings, comrades! Let's start this session with some good news. We now have enough money to purchase another upgrade. We can reinforce the gate this week or we can hold off for now in order to save up for the construction of a moat.

It was a busy day for the King today as we had a lot of visitors. There were only two petitioners though so we're in for another quiet evening. The first involves a missing child who decided to go exploring the swamps looking for treasure. The peasant is claiming that creatures he has called "mudbugs" lured his son away to prey upon him. We can send Velek to look for the child, although this will mean that he will be away for 2 weeks. The only other options that I can think of is to compensate the man with 23 gold so he can organize a search party or to just send him away and telling him to look for his own child himself.

The second petitioner is no stranger to us. He was from the village of Pendle but they relocated their whole village 20 weeks ago and are now living in a place called Golyna. In all the effort of relocating and rebuilding their village his back is now damaged and he is no longer able to work. We can send Alena who can hopefully heal him or we can give him 12 supplies to compensate him. Of course, we can always tell him to sod off. If we do help him there is a chance that he and his people will fight for us.

Map

There are still plenty of villages where we can recruit from. Stan will be free regardless of your choices. Alena and Velek on the other hand are dependant on what your decisions with the petitioners.

North-West

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Rafka - Hearing: The Butcher.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Golyna - Hearing: Twisted Back.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket

South-West

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

That is all for now. There is still no news with our allies as of yet but I will keep you informed if that changes. I think it's time for a spot of lunch, we will meet back here in an hours time.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Let the hunter hunt. It's in the man's name after all.

have Alena heal the man. We will need to move many more stones before all is done and it would help for the people not to fear that.

Send Stan to the nearest villiage

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

FoolyCharged posted:

Let the hunter hunt. It's in the man's name after all.

have Alena heal the man. We will need to move many more stones before all is done and it would help for the people not to fear that.

Hear, hear!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Velek to hunt search for the kid.

Send Alena, hopefully she can heal the poor man, or at least give him something for the pain.

Send Stan to either Rafka or Kresno, those look to be the closest.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The PEASANT can Go Get His Own Kid, and if he can't find the kid? Well, they probably have ten more lying around somewhere. Not my problem.

The PEASANT can do his own labor. Not being able to work is certainly our problem. It is our problem in that its one less person paying their dues on our land. Make him do his own work and start paying his dues again.

Stan to Kresno, Alena to Hozno, Velek to Jarocki

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to start work on an alternative timeline soon that's going to show off how things could have gone differently if we went down different pathways. It's also going to end completely differently from how the main playthrough is (hopefully) going to end. It's going to be condensed so it won't be a full SSLP, my main aim is to show off alternative outcomes to certain situations that are of importance as well as some other minor ones. It will have a title which will show you the direction that I'm going to go with which I'll save for when the first update is ready.

As I'm doing this I'll also try to redo some of the earlier gifs as when the LP got going I was able to find a way to keep things more consistent.

I'm also going to try to show off as many of the fail states as I can in a separate update. It's entirely possible to lose the game during the opening sequence.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The alternate timeline may take a little while to get going while I make amendments with some of the earlier updates. I'm not going to go crazy with the adjustments but I will try to keep some things more in line with the rest of the LP.

Amendments to update (02)

I've changed these gifs to match the standard proportions of (most) of the rest of the LP:

I've also separated the interactions with these two peasants as well as adding gifs to the encounters as well as there weren't any before.

The problem is... We don't have enough gold or supplies to make a worthy feast. What will my daughter's in-laws think of our family?! We want to hire a band, buy some of that fancy wine on the market. We would only need 5 gold and 5 supplies.

I need to consult the council before I commit the kingdom's resources to your request. Please wait inside the castle grounds and enjoy our hospitality, I will summon you when a decision has been made.

Your Grace, I come here representing my village. We want to ask you for 7 gold to help us gather tools and resources required to build an inn. We could really use a new place to rest after a long day of work!

Please wait inside the castle grounds and enjoy our hospitality as well, I will summon you once I have made a decision.

Edit:

I've also amended the gifs of the peasants in (03) with the ones in this post.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 19, 2024

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Have the hunter find the missing child. Seems to be a good use of his time.

Have Alena tend to the injured builder, perhaps he could help us with some fortifications in return.

Have Stan the General Man go to Polasek to rustle up some conscripts

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

sb hermit posted:

Have the hunter find the missing child. Seems to be a good use of his time.

Have Alena tend to the injured builder, perhaps he could help us with some fortifications in return.

Sounds good to me.

Also, Slaan, we talked about this. Do I need to get the crayons out again? We need the peasants. If we don't have enough peasants, we're going to put you out front with a sword and watch what happens.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Of course we need the PEASANTS! That's why, like any good Lord, I make sure the PEASANTS know the importance of hard work and doing what I say, as the intelligent, long term thinking educated noble :smug:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Lorsulia... Is this... Is this her goodbye?

Oh, my poor king! I pray for Lorsulia's safe return!

Black Robe posted:

We need the peasants. If we don't have enough peasants, we're going to put you out front with a sword and watch what happens.

I, for one, would be happy to raise a sword for his grace! I hope you all find your courage when the time comes!

Mudbugs, eh? An odd name for an insect that glows, but just the thing that would interest a precocious young lad. Send Velek to search for the boy.

As our supplies are short, allow Alena to tend to the man's injured back.

Finally, I agree with my honorable councilmembers, we should send Stan to Polasek.

Bregor fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 19, 2024

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Bregor posted:

for an incest that glows

:catstare:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dammit, ye olde autocorrect.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Excuse me whilst I send my scribe to the dungeons...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a couple of days since the last vote so I'm going to close it now.

Mudbugs
Send Velek - 6
No Help - 1 (Jarocki)

Injured Man
Send Alena - 6
No Help - 1 (Hozno)

Stan
Nearest Village - 2
Rafka\Kresno - 1
Kresno - 1
Polasek - 3

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (74) Week Thirty-Eight Summary

That drat salad! Does anyone know how to get a beetroot stain out of a tunic? Mrs Audry is going to be mad if she see's this! Eh! Onto more important matters. I guess I could go for a walk down by Millers Lane on the way home, there's a nice little washing service down there... Oh yes, the decisions. Out with it, people!

FoolyCharged Let the hunter hunt. It's in the man's name after all.

Quackles: Hear, hear!

jkq: Send Velek to hunt search for the kid.

Send Alena, hopefully she can heal the poor man, or at least give him something for the pain.

Send Stan to either Rafka or Kresno, those look to be the closest.

Slaan: The PEASANT can Go Get His Own Kid, and if he can't find the kid? Well, they probably have ten more lying around somewhere. Not my problem.

The PEASANT can do his own labor. Not being able to work is certainly our problem. It is our problem in that its one less person paying their dues on our land. Make him do his own work and start paying his dues again.

Stan to Kresno, Alena to Hozno, Velek to Jarocki

sb hermit: Have the hunter find the missing child. Seems to be a good use of his time.

Black Robe: Sounds good to me.

Also, Slaan, we talked about this. Do I need to get the crayons out again? We need the peasants. If we don't have enough peasants, we're going to put you out front with a sword and watch what happens.

Slaan: Of course we need the PEASANTS! That's why, like any good Lord, I make sure the PEASANTS know the importance of hard work and doing what I say, as the intelligent, long term thinking educated noble :smug:

Bregor: I, for one, would be happy to raise a sword for his grace! I hope you all find your courage when the time comes!

Mudbugs, eh? An odd name for an insect that glows, but just the thing that would interest a precocious young lad. Send Velek to search for the boy.

As our supplies are short, allow Alena to tend to the man's injured back.

Finally, I agree with my honorable councilmembers, we should send Stan to Polasek.

Help the peasants, send Stan to Polasek. That shall be done. I need to run to the washing place before this becomes permanent, it was a birthday gift after all. Thank you all, see you next week!

Thank you for wai... Audry, your tunic seems to be turning purple.

Let's just move on with the proceedings. A hunter could probably track down the mudbugs. I'm sure he will be able to find your son if he followed the creatures.

Thank you, Your Grace. That is wonderful. Maybe the Hunter can even get rid of the mudbugs! And find the treasures..! I mean... What treasures? There's no treasures...

My Witch will visit your house. She might find a cure for your back.

Oh... Thank you, Your Grace. That would be great. Although I'm not going to lie. I don't really want to go back to work... Thank you anyway, Your Grace.

End of Week Thirty-Seven!

Inventory

Archives

Mud Bugs

Asalia

Cedani

Aurelea

Twisted Back

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That drat salad! Does anyone know how to get a beetroot stain out of a tunic? Mrs Audry is going to be mad if she see's this! Eh! Onto more important matters. I guess I could go for a walk down by Millers Lane on the way home, there's a nice little washing service down there... Oh yes, the decisions. Out with it, people!

Thank you for wai... Audry, your tunic seems to be turning purple.

Let's just move on with the proceedings.

Perhaps we should call our dear advisor Mauve-dry from now on!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Yes, Your Grace - The Mad King (01)

This is going to be a condensed playthrough and it's one designed with a purpose. It's not called "The Mad King" without good reason, it's the name of one of the achievements and it's based on going down a certain route throughout the game. You need to make the right choice in eight different events to trigger this ending and I will point them out as they happen.

I'm also aiming to show off what happens when we make different choices throughout the game and the different results that we will get from them. I'm going to try to keep the content focused on the scenarios where there are differences.

Lastly, where possible, I'm going to chose the option that paints Eryk in the worst possible light. I've tried to keep Eryk as a good and understanding ruler in the main playthrough as I'd like to think that he can be a good man despite the circumstances he's put himself into. If I can make Eryk look like a dick in this playthrough then I will.

It is time, Your Grace.

----------

1. This is the first decision that we can make and it's the one that can set the tone for the rest of the game. If you want to go down "The Mad King" route then the first choice that you make must result in bloodshed!

----------

Your Grace! A deserter! Found one of ours hiding in a shed.

Shed? Why would you do this, Sorbik?

There's too many of them! We have no chance of winning!

If you let him off, the rest may follow. However, our army is sparse as it is. We need every set of hands able to hold a sword, Your Grace.

There's no place for cowards under my banner. Anyone who refuses to stand for Davern will be met with justice!

A shame. You did what you had to, Your Grace.

Over here, your Grace.

How bad is it, General?

Our men are scared. It's the middle of the night, and yet it's so bright, as if Svarog himself walked our lands. The thin walls won't last long and we lack any solid defence measures. We don't have enough men. Once they get in, we have nothing we can throw their way. Can you hear the chanting? They're getting ready. We'd better get started. I have gathered archers from all the other walls... They are awaiting you at the wall, Your Grace. There's still time to put up white flags...

If we put up the white flags then it would just make it easier for them to slaughter us. We will make them pay dearly for their treachery!

Archers! For Davern!

Your Grace, my daughter's wedding is at hand.

Congratulations!

The problem is... We don't have enough gold or supplies to make a worthy feast. What will my daughter's in-laws think of our family?! We want to hire a band, buy some of that fancy wine on the market. We would only need 5 gold and 5 supplies.

Fine. You can't have a marriage without the music and something to kill the thirst!

Oh yes. The thirst's the worst! We will show these peasants what a real feast looks like! Haha!

----------

2. The second choice in "The Mad King" route involves our first encounter with a Radovian. This is probably a no-brainer but if you want to go down this route then you need to start amassing a nice collection of bodies.

----------

Your Grace, no sign of the monsters. We did stumble upon these bandits, though. They were pillaging the village.

Red head, sharp teeth...

A Crest of Radovia?! I thought you could only find them in books and old manuscripts!

Well, seems like we have one right here too. Tell me... Is it true that you're from Radovia?

Your man is right. Radovia is my home. And soon yours too, ha!

What were you and your men doing near the village?

We're just making a living. One man might call it plunder, I would call it... Hard work.

Do you have a king? Or are you just a barbaric thief?

We are a free people. We don't bow to kings or lords.

Bold words for someone trespassing in another country. Bold and stupid. Your Grace, we can't allow barbarians to stalk our lands. Plundering, and killing innocent men? There is no question that justice needs to be dealt to this one.

No Radovian scum will threaten the crown. Behead him.

My brothers will hear about this! And you will feel their poisonous bite!

Your Grace, my dear son is nowhere to be found. Yes... a really daft little boy, but still, he is my son. I ask you to help us find him, Your Grace. Is there a chance you could do so?

Our General will try to find your son. He will ask around, and see if he can track your son down.

I hope he is still in one piece... You have my thanks, Your Grace.

My name is Etton - I'm the Lord of Branca, Your Grace. I will be as straightforward as possible. Someone has kidnapped my daughter, and they expect me to pay 12 gold to get her back. The thing is... I tracked them down and I know where they are keeping her. I've planned everything out, I just need your general to help me take her back. Or, I could just pay the ransom. Either way, I will need your help, Your Grace.

Take the gold. It's better to play it safe. Let's not give them a reason to harm your daughter.

Yes, her safety is the most important thing. Thank you, Your Grace. I will let you know how it goes.

Your Grace, I fear for my life. I think someone is trying to get me.

What's going on?

I think... I think someone is following me. They want me dead...

Who's 'they'?

I don't know! How would I know? I haven't done anything, right? I better be going...

Yes, Father?

I've heard there was quite a fine wedding in the village just outside our walls.

Considering the resources you've spent to help them out with it, it definitely was!

I wish you'd come to ask me first... I'm not angry, I just want you to be safe.

Why would you be mad? Is it because I went to the market?

Come on now, I know about the wedding. Lorsulia told me what happened.

How would she know anyway? Oh, of course... Cedani...

We're at the brink of war, people are constantly requiring resources, and I can't even tame my own kids.

That would be a good start, one might say.

Do you know what's out there? What could have happened if someone found a princess by herself in a village? All the drunkards, thugs...

Nothing happened, Father! I was... dressed differently. I was careful, I'm not stupid. I know what I'm doing. All I wanted was a little fun.

Lorsulia said you got drunk?

That's a lie! I know what I'm doing, I can take care of myself! How many times? Ugh. Lorsulia. Since she turned thirteen, she thinks you will make her marry some fat, dumb prince and send her off to another castle. If she intends to be such a lousy rat, maybe it would be for the best.

Is that why she's been acting up lately?

I suppose so? It doesn't change the fact that she's just infuriating.

And it doesn't change the fact that you didn't stop with the name calling! You are confined to the castle! You will not be visiiting the market.

What Am I supposed to do inside these godforsaken walls?! AGHH! Stupid Lorsulia. I'll teach her a lesson!

Stop with the names!

Oh, it's you.

Asalia told me why you might be feeling a bit down recently.

Oh, and why is that?

You're a grown-up woman now. Soon lords and knights will line up to ask for your hand. You know I will have to choose someone. But we can wait. I promise we won't move forward if you're not ready.

Mhm.... Time will show.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Huh. I forgot about the dude fearing for his life. Is he still voluntarily committed to the prison in the main route?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

Perhaps we should call our dear advisor Mauve-dry from now on!

GUARDS!!! Show this person the things that you can do with a beetroot!

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh. I forgot about the dude fearing for his life. Is he still voluntarily committed to the prison in the main route?

He is still in the dungeons and happy to be there. My memory was hazy with this one as I was expecting another part to it but it seems like I was wrong with that thought. I know that there is a resolution to this if you send him away, one that we will see in this playthrough.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

GUARDS!!! Show this person the things that you can do with a beetroot!

Audry! Where is your sense of humor?! As they say, the beet goes on!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (75) Just A Humbug

Our army numbers are looking worrying, Your Grace. We need to call and muster as many villagers as possible. Maybe they are just peasants, but as long as they can throw rocks, they will be useful.

That's true. Hopefuly we can defend the castle successfully.

I run a little business, Your Grace. I can exchange your supplies for gold. Let's say 25 supplies for 18 gold. Shall we shake on it?

You have made this proposal to us before. I'll need to consult my advisor and speak to him about our supply situation before I can make a decision. Please wait in the lobby and I will call you back in shortly.

Your Grace, you have called for me.

Will you join my army in the upcoming battle? We have a chance to win the war. But my army needs you.

You have saved our children. You have chased Babushka out of our villages. We are at your services, Your Grace.

Be ready. The battle starts in 11 weeks.

Your Grace, we hear of the upcoming battle. That's a perfect time for us to gain some coin, and an opportunity for you to get some help. We're mercenaries, 22 skilled men at your disposal, for only 16 gold. What do you say?

I have a distinct feeling of déjà vu today. Audry, remind me to go down to the market later so I can put a bet on the cow bingo. Once again, I would like to ask for you to wait in the lobby until I've decided to take you up on your offer.

I have something to show you, regarding our child, darling. Visit me in the Bed Chamber when you can.

Of course, Aurelea.

Your Grace, I am afflicted with an itching sickness! My face is itchy. My legs are itchy. My bu- well, you get the idea. I can't stand it! However... I have heard that the touch of a king can cure all manner of ailments. So, how about it, Your Grace? Will you use your kingly powers on me?

Err... Well... I forgot to wash my hands after breakfast this morning. While I pop to the little King's room you can wait in the lobby until my return.

Your Grace, I hope I find you well.

Welcome to the castle, pastor.

I come to ask a favor of you. The community has decided it is time to upgrade our town Kolovrat. The one in the market is small, old and barely standing. We thought of fixing it up, but it's better to just build a new one. We can use this opportunity to do it properly this time. The community has already gathered a large sum of gold and supplies to help fund it. But it's not quite enough to cover the labor. We will need to mine the stones and bring them from the mountains. Our mason said he can carve out the pattern in that. If we have a new Kolovrat in the centre of the market, that will bring more people around. The community will feel happier and safer. We would need 25 gold.

I applaud your cause but we are currently preparing for war... I'll speak to my advisor here about this situation. In the meantime, please make yourself comfortable in the guest quarters and I will have a meal sent to you while you wait to hear from me again.

Eryk, this is Delilah, a local witch. I think there's a way to lift the curse. Do you want to explain, Delilah?

Your Grace, with your permission, we could perform a ritual that will lift the curse that has been placed upon you.

Curse? I thought that was just a humbug.

From what I've heard from Queen Aurelea, it does sound like you have been hexed.

Your poor health, misfortune, no heir...

Indeed. I can't help with all these things, but I can be of use regarding the most important matter here. A rightful heir.

Tell me more about the ritual. What is it all about?

The ritual is complicated, and we will need you to be there, Your Grace. We will be asking good spirits to act in our favor. You will need to repeat the incantation after me, and occasionally help.

This ritual doesn't exactly shout "safe" to me. What is the risk? Is it going to be painful?

It...

It can be, but I will be mostly under the spell. Not entirely here, with you, although my body can show signs of pain.

Indeed. Queen Aurelea's spirit won't be in her physical body, so she won't feel anything.

Is the heir certain?

There is risk, as always in these matters. The ritual will need to be performed perfectly in order for it to work. But as long as you help us, the chances for a boy are very high. Certain, almost.

This is a lot to take in, please give us some privacy for a few moments while I discuss this with my love.

Of course, Your Grace.

Family Matters

What's wrong darling? A heir is something that you have always wanted.

It is, but think about the risks and the danger that this will put you in. What if it doesn't work?

I wouldn't have agreed to this if I didn't want to take the risk. You heard Delilah, we are cursed and this is the only to break it and to have the son that you have always wanted. You need to make a decision now, this is our only chance to do this. The future of this kingdom and our family depends on producing a heir. Eryk, do we go through with the ritual or do you really believe that it isn't worth the risk?

Council Meeting

Good news, everybody! We finally have saved up enough money for a moat.

We could purchase an upgrade this week if you wish too but you may want to hold off on making a decision until you've heard about today's petitioners. I'll get the easy ones out the way with first. The trader offering us 25 supplies for 18 gold returned today. We've already reached the minimum quota for our siege supplies and we will hit the maximum storage levels within the next few weeks so this isn't a realistic offer. But I will leave this decision in your hands. Do we accept or reject this offer?

The mercenaries returned again and offered the same deal as before. 22 soldiers for 16 gold. We are in desparate need of soldiers and we do have the gold to spare, but it will mean having to hold off on the upgrades for a couple of more weeks. Alternatively, we can decline their offer now and they will return in two weeks time. Should we hire the soldiers or reject their offer for now?

We had a request from a peasant today who is unwell and wants the King to touch him. He believes that the touch of a King can cure any ailments and he has asked the King to touch him in this special way. We could convince the King to touch him. It could work or it could be a laugh, who knows? The only other options are to give him 12 gold to pay for a healer or to throw him out into the street.

Our final visitor was a pastor who is wanting to build a new Kolovrat in his village. They have already raised the funds and purchased the materials, thankfully, but they currently lack the people to transport the stone to the village. We can give them 25 gold to help pay for transportation or we could send Stan to help them out for two weeks. Of course, the alternate option is that we don't help them at all.

Alena and Velek are still away at the moment so they are currently unavailable. Stan is free but that may change depending on whether you send him to help out with the Kolovrat or not. There is a slight change to this week's map, one which may be temporary.

Map

Queen Aurelea has invited a distinguished witch by the name of Delilah into the castle today for a private meeting. I don't know the details of this meeting personally but Delilah gave me some urgent instructions from the Queen herself after she had left her bed chamber.

"The King and I are currently discussing an important matter. One that we will discuss with you once we have made a decision regarding to proceed with it or not. We will discuss the details with you later, but for now, I have enclosed coordinates for the locations for different herb locations. I will send you another message once the King and I have made a decision, you should receive it within the hour. If the King agrees then please treat these locations with the utmost urgency, if the King disagrees then please disregard them."

North-West

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Rafka - Hearing: The Butcher.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Golyna - Hearing: Twisted Back.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket

South-West

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rue Location (East)
Rue Location (North)
Rue Location (West)
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

I will keep you all updated on this matter with the King and Queen once I know more details. There isn't anything more to discuss so let us take a break and we will return here in an hour.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 25, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Wikipedia posted:

The kolovrat ("spoked wheel") is a symbol of the supreme God in Rodnovery (Slavic Native Faith), Rod and its manifestations (Svarog, Perun, Svetovit and all the other gods). Kolo means "wheel", and its vrat ("spokes") are spinning. It is a symbol of spiritual and therefore secular power. The kolovrat represents the endless cycle of birth and deaths, time, the sun and fire, strength and dignity. Each turn of the wheel is a cycle of life in our world. The kolovrat and the swastika have the same meaning.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Dig the moat while we can.

Refuse the supplies.

Tell the mercenaries no for now, hopefully in two weeks we'll be able to afford them and still have time to reinforce the gate.

Get the king to touch the weird itchy fellow, it'll make him feel better and won't cost us anything.

Send Stan to help, then we can recruit troops from them.

...why is the Queen consulting this unknown witch, and not our own proven agent? Is this mysterious matter so urgent it can't wait a few days for Alena to return?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Do not build new fortifications. We can do that later.

Do not buy supplies. We are in a good position to grow our own.

Do not buy soldiers. We are in a good position to conscript our own.

Pay for a healer. Let a professional handle it. That itch sounds unpleasant and contagious, and an epidemic is the last thing we need during the siege.

Pay for stone transports. Let the professionals handle it.

Send Stan out to recruit. This is the part where we conscript our own.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The ritual is open to a vote as well, anything involving family matters is.

I almost made a decision myself but I thought against it in the end as this is a decision that will change how things end.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
We're already getting accused of witchcraft for dumb luck in battle, may as well take advantage of the black arts when we can. Yes for ritual.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

An uninvited sorceress has made a daring suggestion to the queen! Do we trust her Grace to judge her character wisely? What of this ritual? This has he feel of black magicks, and I fear for her safety. Lord Audry, put a stop to this at once! This witch are her experiments on the queen are not worth the risk!

We have no need for extra supplies at present, send the trader away.

Mercenaries again, eh? Would that their number be two-thousand rather than twenty. Reject the sellswords.

His Grace should not touch someone afflicted with a terrible rash! And gold is scarce as it is. Maybe the dark witch could help this poor soul? As it is, there's naught we can do. Deny the peasant's request for gold or a kingly touch.

Our people would be uplifted by a glorious new Kolovrat, and our own general is as strong as a mule! Ask Stan to assist the priest.

If we have the gold to support it, I suggest funding the moat construction. Let us not forget that defending against Ivo's attack is our most important duty.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

We're already getting accused of witchcraft for dumb luck in battle, may as well take advantage of the black arts when we can. Yes for ritual.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Black Robe posted:

Dig the moat while we can.

Refuse the supplies.

Tell the mercenaries no for now, hopefully in two weeks we'll be able to afford them and still have time to reinforce the gate.

Get the king to touch the weird itchy fellow, it'll make him feel better and won't cost us anything.

Send Stan to help, then we can recruit troops from them.

...and let's do the ritual! Why not?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yes, yes dig the moat. You We shall be well protected by it in the battle. Which I am surely going to be attending to support the King. Ahem.

No soldiers they just want our money to turn and run

No supplies for we have plenty, the greedy PEASANT

Another sorceress you say? Hmmm, I shall do my best to get into her bed chambergood graces to make sure she truly has the King's future in mind. So Aye to the ritual. A Good Stolid Male Heir is what the realm needs.

Throw the itchy PEASANT out. Disgusting!

Pay for the expansion. We foresighted nobles should reward those few, very few, times the PEASANTS plan ahead and pay for things themselves. They were stupid in not paying for the stone transportation, of course, but that's expected of dumb PEASANTS.

Have Stan search the East herb location for the witch

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Uh, your Highness? Perhaps you should ask what exactly is in the ritual before deciding? No? Well, it's your family. Do as you will.

build the moat

We can't afford to lose supplies right now, especially at a loss. decline the resource trade.

No mercs, they are maybe useful, and the defenses are a much higher likelihood of making the difference.

Go ahead and touch the smelly sick dude, just be sure to wash your hands with warm soapy water for 30s the second he leaves.

Let Stan be the man. The man who lifts heavy things. send Stan to kolovrak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Reject the supplies, we seem to be saving up quite nicely. I feel we need the gold more than the supplies right now.

Reject the mercenaries for now, we can raise at least 20 soldiers in 2 weeks already.

Have the King touch the itchy peasant, but remind him to wash thoroughly afterwards. The peasant should probably wash up too, just in case.

Send Stan and his soldiers to help the pastor. We can have Alena and Velek search for the herbs once they return.

Construct the moat, we've been saving up for this after all.

------

Do the ritual, the Queen seems on board with it.

I applaud your cause but we are currently preparing for war... I'll speak to my advisor here about this situation. In the meantime, please make yourself comfortable in the guest quarters and I will have a meal sent to you while you wait to here from me again.

Hear?