Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
The loan gives us a decent buffer for the next couple weeks and hopefully the investment in things like the tavern/theatre will give us some long term infrastructure - and keeping the peasants happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Unless a disaster happens I'm going to post the next update tomorrow. It's only going to be a short one and I was hoping to have it up sooner, but my partner had a death in the family recently so the LPs have had to take a bit of a back seat for a short time. I'm aiming to have another update done over the weekend but first I need to get this one up. Most of the prep work is done already, I just need to add the council meeting and add a bit of narrative to the game dialogue.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'm sorry for thier loss. And RL takes precedence over the Internet.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Please take your time!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Take all the time you need!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So sorry to hear, take care of yourself and your loved ones

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Real life and people take priority over LP's, take care and take the time you need.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (07) Week Three Summary

Council Meeting

Welcome back, everyone. It's now time to reconvene our council meeting after our short break. The Bank de Florentini has offered us a very generous deal with loaning gold or supplies from them. Should we take up their offer?

Slaan: We don't have the gold to invest at this point, but can't afford a loan either.

Black Robe: Take the gold loan, I'm sure nothing bad can come of this (and it won't be my kneecaps getting broken when it does....)

I didn't quite hear that last part, could you repeat it?

Black Robe: I said that I'm very pleased that we could broker a deal.

FoolyCharged: Take the gold loan an interest free loan is a chance to invest in more income and come out with more than we borrowed after we repay it.

Quackles: I'm going to abstain on the loan, but if we do take the loan then I vote to finance the tavern.

PurpleXVI: A loan to make some investments is a good move.

Level Seven: Take a gold loan, we need gold to produce more avenues of earning more gold/supplies and an interest-free loan loses us nothing if we don't be stupid with it.

McGavin: Take a gold loan ASAP. There is literally no downside to it.

Bregor: Take the loan of fifty gold pieces but be mindful not to spend it quickly, your Grace. The kingdom seems to have a small but steady income and several investment opportunities before us. If your Grace can repay this initial, interest-free loan and grow our coffers, there will be no further need of dealings with the Bank de Florentini.

There is arguments for both sides but it seems like the general consensus is take out a loan. We are the people in control of the treasury so we will make sure that it's spent wisely. Unless the King decides to spend money on a new circus or a jousting field when he's feeling bored and whimsical... Ahem, may our liege have a long and prosperous reign. Let's move on to this business of the village that's been stricken with illness. Shall we send aid or shall we tell them to deal with it themselves?

Level Seven: Send five supplies, I don't believe in magic enough to send seven but five should be enough to aid the ill.

Bregor: As for the men clad in black pillaging our towns, send the people five supplies to ease their minds and nourish their bodies. There have been a disturbing number of incidents beyond our castle walls. I know we have but one general at the moment, but hopefully there will be good news on the bandits' apprehension, or... a cleaner solution.

FoolyCharged: Give the village 7 supply resources to deal with the illness. Whatever the cause, if large groups of people are falling ill, it can spread quickly out of control. It does no good to raise an army against these brigands if all our men are with fever when the big battle comes.

Quackles: We can easily send 5 supplies to one village and 7 to the other without straining our resources too much, so let's do that.

CzarChasm: We have the supplies to spare for now, give five and seven to the people asking

sb hermit: I suggest we send supplies to the raided village to help them out, and send 5 supplies to the village stricken by sickness since “it’s nothing serious”.

Tenebrais: Give the villages 5 and 7 supplies, since we're currently just stockpiling them.

It seems like you've answered this question as well as another question that I was going to ask. We will give both villages supplies from our own stock. Even though our King is on the brink of securing an alliance with King Talys, we will still need to build an army of our own just in case the Radovians do decide to attack. We won't be able to build an army if our villages are rife with sickness or detroyed by bandits. The last order of business is the business proposition to build a new tavern. After we take this loan we will surely have enough to invest if we so wish.

FoolyCharged: Invest in the tavern. Speaking of those ruffians, they burned down my favorite watering hole the other day. I can't handle sobriety! Erm.... I meant, this is a valuable financial investment that could benefit the kingdom in the long term.

Bregor: Using the funds from the bank, I suggest the kingdom invest in the tavern. I agree with Audry -- the longer we wait to fund a good opportunity, the longer until it pays dividends. Between the inn your Grace has already financed and this tavern, the people will come to our kingdom for rest and refreshment more than ever before!

Slaan: Tell the tavern investor to return later.

Black Rober: Send gold to the man wishing to build a tavern, I have a feeling we're all going to need plenty to drink.

Level Seven: Invest in the tavern, the earlier it opens the sooner an investment can pay off.

The majority of people have decided that they want to invest in this new tavern. That is everything, for now, we shall all meet again next week. Thank you, everyone, for your time. This meeting is now concluded.

Family Matters

Cedani will may one day be ruling in her own right some day. Let her stay, although you may want to tell Audry to keep her supervised while she is in there. You must also take extra care not to leave valuable documents or artefacts within her reach.

Thank you for your patience, I have reached a decision with each of your petitions. I will start with the Bank de Florentini, I want to borrow gold.

We can offer 50 gold, repayable over five weeks. Remember, the first loan is free of charge!

I will take it.

Perfect. Anything else, Your Grace?

That's all for now.

The Bank de Florentini is always happy to help!

Take these supplies. Feed your children well.

That will be enough to keep us going for a couple of weeks! Gods favor you!

I have decided to take you up on your business proposition. Take this gold and let the business grow!

Oh, wonderful! You won't regret it, Your Grace! I will get right on with the work! 8 solid tables, 13 beds... We could make a cheaper, shared chamber... Oh, it's going to work well!

Take these supplies. Give them out in your village. Make sure everyone has access to what they need.

Thank you, Your Grace! We are beyond content! I hope that the spirits will keep you well!

Fine, you can stay. As long as you don't damage anything.

Oh yes! Thank you, Fa... Your Grace. Wooooo, let's see what else is here!

I will see you later, Pumpkin. I should take a look around myself to see if there is anything sensitive or valuable that shouldn't fall into her hands. There is nothing useful in this chest; just a pile of rubbish. This bookshelf contains just books and plenty of them. This side table of food is very useful for long meetings. These antlers come from the biggest deer in Davern. Aurelea made these tapestries, this one shows a stork - it's our house emblem. I bought this globe on the market. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it looks nice. Aurelea loves to knit! She leaves balls of wool everywhere.

End Of Week Three!

Archives

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 14, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Thank you for all of your kind words.

Each room contains various background objects that we can examine, hence the extra text with Eryk in the Council Chambers. I'm trying to include one room per update, I explored the dungeons, castle wall and courtyard in previous updates. I'd like to keep doing this but it always looks a little disjointed and I'm not sure how else I can make it look neater.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
RL takes precedence and so sorry again. Take all the time you need.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Thank you once again. Things have started to normalise and I've spent most of the late evening working on the next update. It's now getting late so I'll be putting the finishing touches onto it in the morning. I just need to capture an unexpected scene which popped up after I hit the end-of-week button, one that I wasn't prepared for. I also need to write up the council meeting. The next update should be happening tomorrow if nothing goes wrong. It's going to be a big one for dialogue and for plot.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (08) An Interesting Proposal

I bring news about Lord Etton's case, Your Grace. With his plan, my squad and I managed to take his daughter back.

Hardly any light can get through these windows. These halls used to shine, Eryk.

FATHER! Look what she did! Asalia has put... faeces under my pillow. How can I ever wash it off?! Why did you tell her I told on her?!

Can you not see we have a guest?! Go back to your chamber! Now!

There's always people in here!

We'll deal with that later. Scuttle off for now.

But- Ugh!

If you can't even control your children, then I'm surprised you still sit where you do. And that I'm still standing where I am.

Forgive me, we have had a lot going on recently.

I'm asking if you're going to make me stand like a commoner here.

Oh, of course. Let's talk in the Council Room.

Huh, you have a lot of old books... What is she doing in here?! Are you letting children play with your archives? Girl! Begone! Are you a King or a blasted nanny, Eryk?

What can be so important that you couldn't just send me a pigeon?

I will be straightforward with this. I need an army. Radovia has threatened me and my family.

Ha! Radpvoa?! Here?

Yes, they-

They're simple men. Untrained. Tell you what... I will give you three thousand soldiers. My army can deal with anything they throw its way.

What?! Just like that?

Feh, of course not! You see... My son, Ivo, has been crying and moaning to me about finding him a princess. He's always bothering me. It's about time he grew up. A wife would keep him busy. Out of my way. Lorsulia would be good enough for him... She could teach him a thing or two... I also want access to the fine collection of books you have here... Plus anything else you can find.

You still seek cures for your wife? Her condition hasn't improved?

Well... That does not concern you. You get an army - I get Lorsulia and access to these books.

So an army, for a marriage in return...

Yes, of course. You catch on quickly. I'll send my armies right away.

But we'll do it on my terms. I can't just let you take my daughter for a few hundred men...

Come on now, Eryk. We both know Davern has seen better times... When Radovia comes, who will protect your people, your family? Are you going to order peasants to fight them with pitchforks? Fine, I can give you 3000 extra men, throw in 22 extra gold or I can provide you with a general. I'll give you some time to think it over. I will send an army straight away, but I want access to the archives. The marriage can be organised later... Let me get lost in your books, then. I think I will start from this room. Let's see... What do we have here...?

How is your wife? I haven't seen Paloma in years... Does the illness persist?

Why are you so curious about her? Yes, she is still sick! Otherwise, I wouldn't even be here. But like I told you already... It's none of your business!

What's going on in Atana? Did Yeles and Berravia resolve their wars yet? What were they fighting about again? Land! Witchcraft?

I don't know and I don't care to find out. I have my own problems.

Is everything alright in Hagos? I've always wanted to visit your beautiful town.

Why don't you? Go and see for yourself what it's like. Better than this rat hole.

How is Ivo? I'd like to know a little about your son before... you know... The marriage...

What's there to say? Ivo has royal blood and I pay enough for his masters to ensure that he's at least half as smart as I am. Can't you just leave me alone, Eryk?! I'm trying to focus here!

Did you find anything yet? Are those books of any use?

Healing fever... How to prevent dysentery... Something about malaria... All of these are USELESS!

We can go ahead with the wedding. I'll be in the Throne Room if you need me. Read as much as you like...

Apologies for making you wait, Lord Etton. How can I help you today?

Your grace, my daughter is back! Those goons didn't even know what hit them, and we hit them hard! If it wasn't for your General, I'm not sure if my plan would have worked. Take this gold as a thank you, Your Grace.

Please tell me about our battle preparations, Audry.

With Talys' army we will crush the Radovian forces. We just need to focus on our kingdom and get ready for the wedding, Your Grace.

Thank you, Audry. I should tell Aurelea about the deal that I've made with King Talys. You'd better send two bodyguards with my to my bed chamber as I don't know how she is going to take the news of the upcoming marriage...

Darling?

Lorsulia is getting married.

What? No! Did Beyran find us? We can't let him!

Lorsulia will marry Ivo, the Prince of Atana. I made a treaty with Talys. Marriage for army in return.

No! We cannot let her marry a barbarian! Eryk, you said you would find a way! Wait... Ivo? That's... That's good! That's great! Ivo is a Prince after all and if Lorsulia is married to Ivo, then Beyran can't do anything. Talys' army might simply scare them away. Oh, this is fantastic news, Eryk! Wonderful! Who's going to prepare the wedding? Guests, menus... We need to decorate the throne room. We need to buy flowers and decorations! Ohhh! And we need a band too!

I'll take care of that. We'll see how our treasury looks at the end of the week.

Does Lorsulia know yet?

No, I came straight to you.

I see. She's been acting up lately. Maybe it's better if I tell her. Actually... no. You talk to her. I will get on with the preparations!

How are you holding up?

I'm well. I think I might actually sleep tonight. Hang on... No! Everything's on my head! What shall we eat? Where will I get a dress? I think things will turn out perfectly fine. Thank you, my dear.

See? I told you. Get some rest, now.

Fine. I will stay here.

I will go and speak with Lorsulia.

Oh, it's you.

There is something I need to tell you... We have no choice... You must marry Ivo, the Prince of Atana. It's... I'm sorry...

What do you mean? Don't I get a say in this?

We need this marriage to secure an army that will defend us. A war is coming.

So I'm going to be sacrificed? Did you even consider any other options? Did you even try to offer something other than your daughter?

Well...

I knew it! I knew the day I'm old enough, you would just sell me to the highest bidder! You've been waiting for this! You can't wait to get rid of me, can you? I wish I was a common girl, living in a village, having nothing to worry about! Being able to marry the one I love, not some snob I've never met! Stupid wedding! Stupid Prince! You're stupid!

At least you still love me, Dusty.

Meow!

Now it's time to see what Asalia has to say for herself!

Asalia...? Huh, of course she's not here...

Your Grace.

How are you doing?

You're a King, so why do you listen to the man in the council chamber, Father?

Well... he's a King too, you know.

But you're a better King! He should listen to YOU!

Yes, yes... Keep your voice down, Pumpkin. I must go and attend to some business, if you see Asalia tell her that I'm looking for her!

It had better be something important at this ungodly hour!

Your Grace, Radovian forces have been spotted nearby! We should send out men to track them down.

They've come for Lorsulia! Eryk, we must do something

I will deal with this in the morning!

Council Meeting

Welcome, everyone, to today's council meeting. We have several articles to discuss today and we shall begin with an urgent matter. We have received news that Radovian forces that have been spotted nearby. Should we send General Stan to investigate, bearing in mind he will be gone for two weeks, or shall we remain calm and keep him here?

This matter may be trivial. As you all know, King Talys is here and he has pledged 3000 soldiers to defend Davern from the Radovians. We will be able to repel any forces that they throw against us, but it will still be useful to know their numbers and their position.

Now that the more urgent matters have been discussed it's now time to move on to some very happy news. King Eryk's daughter, Lorsulia, is now betrothed to King Talys' son Ivo. This betrothal will secure an alliance between our kingdoms and it means that we will remain protected from the Radovian threat. With this proposal comes an offer from King Talys to strengthen our alliance even further.

King Talys is offering to give us 3000 extra men, throw in 22 extra gold or provide us with a general. Extra soldiers will be helpful in this time of war, we don't know how many people are in the Radovian army so the more people we have to protect the kingdom the better. Extra money will always be welcome, we are currently making a small profit each week but we still have a loan to pay back and a wedding to pay for. An extra General will also be very invaluable as we currently only have General Stan to rely on at the moment and when he is away we aren't able to deal with any other problems that may arise in our kingdom. The choice is up to you all.

And yes, you all heard me correctly, we will be the ones paying for this wedding. The Queen's oldest child is getting married to a Prince and she wants to make this the most lavish wedding of the century. Here is the projected overview of this weeks finances.

The wedding will take place in four weeks time and we need to start preparing as soon as possible. We are making a profit of 3 gold a week after our loan payments to the bank which means we are able to pay for everything upfront and still have money in the treasury, but we don't know what emergencies may befall us in the coming weeks. Money is a bit of an issue at the moment but on the plus side, we have a healthy amount of supplies coming in, a sizeable army and the people are getting happier every week.

Should we buy the flowers, buy fabrics and/or hire a band this week?

We are also able to invite another potential ally to the court. Should we send an invite to Ada or do we wait for another time? We do have a lot to deal with currently but we always have time to make new friends, sixty extra soldiers is still a worthy amount of people to join our army.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Get a backup for the General, send our current General to investigate, buy fabrics, and invite Ada.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

TheDavies posted:

Get a backup for the General, send our current General to investigate, buy fabrics, and invite Ada.

I agree with this. 3000 soldiers is a good start, but we do need more allies. While doubling the army size would be useful, we'd also have to be the ones to feed them and it's much easier to feed one extra person than 3000.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Invite Ada: She might not have a big army, but maybe she has good ideas. I still hold on to the idea that perhaps we can settle things with the Radovians peacefully. After all, perhaps Beyran isn't such a bad guy.

Send Stan to Investigate: Knowledge is the root of power.

Get Another General: We might need two military operations at once, and if not, maybe he's a funny guy and he and Stan can strike up a comedy duo.

Hire A Band: Flowers and fabrics are good enough, but no party's a real party unless there's some good music. Plus maybe they can provide some stirring battle tunes when we're planning our strategy, get everyone in the mood, you know.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

TheDavies posted:

Agreed on all counts.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
We used to pay general Stan 9 gold per week. Now that cost has disappeared from our budget sheet. What's going on here?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Counselor, will this new general require weekly pay? If so, how much? I don't want to ruin our small income despite how useful another general would be

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kanthulhu posted:

We used to pay general Stan 9 gold per week. Now that cost has disappeared from our budget sheet. What's going on here?

Hmm, where has the General's pay gone? I'm at work at the moment but I need to check one thing out for clarification and peace of mind when I get home.

Slaan posted:

Counselor, will this new general require weekly pay? If so, how much? I don't want to ruin our small income despite how useful another general would be

No details have been given about wages, the offer was just for Talys to provide a General for us.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Maybe it's only when he's deployed on a mission?

If that's the case a second general would be a more long term/emergency thing. We can't afford -18 on our regular tax returns.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Maybe it's only when he's deployed on a mission?

If that's the case a second general would be a more long term/emergency thing. We can't afford -18 on our regular tax returns.

I'll double check tonight. I thought that his wages were weekly and I thought that I had clicked on to send him to progress the story to the end for the update.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I decided to look at a couple of video on YouTube just to clarify some things. It doesn't matter if you send Stan on a mission or not, no payment to him will be given.

Edit: The original information was false. All of our agents are funded from our treasury. I've provided the relevant information in a later post.

I'm not sure why we were paying Stan out of the treasury for the first couple of weeks and I don't actually know if there is an in-game reason for this. But as of now, those payments have ended.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 21, 2023

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Send out Stan, knowledge is power.

Welcome a new general, we need more people to delegate long tasks.

Just buy fabrics, don't get everything too early and blow our wallets up. Also don't buy things very late in case they won't be available.

Invite Ada

Also, hope things can go well for your partner, focus on them.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Is it possible to marry the princess to the barbarian hordes and fulfill your oath?

Is it possible to ask your child if she cares who she is wed to? Seems like Prince Farquad is the conventional but bad choice, since King Dongsack doesn't want to talk about him whatsoever.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

PurpleXVI posted:

Invite Ada: She might not have a big army, but maybe she has good ideas. I still hold on to the idea that perhaps we can settle things with the Radovians peacefully. After all, perhaps Beyran isn't such a bad guy.

Send Stan to Investigate: Knowledge is the root of power.

Get Another General: We might need two military operations at once, and if not, maybe he's a funny guy and he and Stan can strike up a comedy duo.

Hire A Band: Flowers and fabrics are good enough, but no party's a real party unless there's some good music. Plus maybe they can provide some stirring battle tunes when we're planning our strategy, get everyone in the mood, you know.

Assuming we can't tell King Dickhead to gently caress off, these options have my vote. However, I must protest this marriage. We can negotiate with these foreigners rather than force our Lord's innocent daughter into a marriage with a probable dickhead. At least let her meet both of her suitors first!

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Is it possible to marry the princess to the barbarian hordes and fulfill your oath?

No.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Volmarias posted:

Is it possible to ask your child if she cares who she is wed to? Seems like Prince Farquad is the conventional but bad choice, since King Dongsack doesn't want to talk about him whatsoever.

No it's not possible to choose anyone else for Lorsulia to marry. Even though you can influence how things happen in the main plot, some events are going to happen in the game regardless of your choices.

That's about as much as I'm willing to reveal right now. Even with spoilers I don't want to let anything slip. We will have the chance to ruin improve many people's lives over the coming weeks.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

No it's not possible to choose anyone else for Lorsulia to marry. Even though you can influence how things happen in the main plot, some events are going to happen in the game regardless of your choices.

That's about as much as I'm willing to reveal right now. Even with spoilers I don't want to let anything slip. We will have the chance to ruin improve many people's lives over the coming weeks.

Beans. Alright.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
In medieval times it was pretty much universal that children would be married for the benefit of the kingdom - to forge alliances, inheritances, etc.

For those of you that play CK you know how this works.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Contact Ada

and Troops. No number of generals can protect us without troops at their call.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Send Stan, he's been asking for some overtime pay anyway.

take a second general, overtime is expensive!

Hire a band can't have a party without a band.

invite Ada our kingdom is disability friendly.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan for more info.

Get a 2nd general so we can have more options.

Buy fabrics so they can start working on the dresses.

Invite Ada to visit, we want more allies.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

wedgekree posted:

In medieval times it was pretty much universal that children would be married for the benefit of the kingdom - to forge alliances, inheritances, etc.

For those of you that play CK you know how this works.

Yes I know but this isn't supposed to be Incest And Murder Dynasty Simulator. I'm just wondering about the story.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
The threat of Radovian invasion is our most pressing concern. Send General Stan to get to the bottom of this at once!

King Talys, was it? Not the most... cordial of people to deal with, I must say. For Lorsulia's sake let us hope the apple did fall far from the tree. But dowries don't grow on trees, now do they? I suggest we take up the King's offer and welcome a new general to our fold. Stan, reliable as he is, cannot deal with everything himself. And what good are soldiers without a proper commander to lead them?

I do hope Lorsulia finds the lands of Atana, not to mention her new Prince, to her liking. But weddings can be such fun! I do enjoy dancing, so hire a band for sure! We also have the means to buy the flowers as it only costs 15 resources and we make 9 per week. Fabrics seem a luxury for now, so that would be the extent of it for now, in my opinion. Only last week I suggested we keep spending low, and then a royal wedding finds its way to Davern!

Lastly, I suggest we invite Ada for an audience. We must not be too object-oriented, but sixty soldiers and a resource would do well with our processing. The more allies we compile into our fold, the more successful the output.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Bregor posted:

Lastly, I suggest we invite Ada for an audience. We must not be too object-oriented, but sixty soldiers and a resource would do well with our processing. The more allies we compile into our fold, the more successful the output.

Boo these puns!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'll keep the voting open over the weekend.

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

I've been looking further into Stan's payments and I can now give you a definitive answer. The game doesn't explain this but every time that you use an agent you do pay them from your treasury. It's just that for, some reason, if you send Stan on this particular mission it doesn't seem to cost anything.

The General that King Talys is going to provide us will be funded entirely by King Talys himself, which means that every time that we use this General it will cost us nothing.

I believed that the agent was paid per mission as it had always been before up until now. But it confused the hell out of me when the payment for Stan was missing this week.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've edited a post further above with false information. I apologise for the misinformation, everything that I was looking at before was giving conflicting information. I eventually found some clarifications from the developer's themselves.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
A second general that doesn't charge us is a even better deal

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

We should send Stan to investigate the bandit activity since we have no other tasks for him to look into.

We should hire the musicians and hopefully make do without the other wedding expenses for now.

We should invite Lady Ada and see if she's got the low-low on current events.

We should send for the General since we may not need 3000 men right now, and we may need to feed and shelter them while they are garrisoned here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The votes are in. I have two days off but it's the school holidays here so I won't be able to work on much until the evenings. I'm going to try to have the next update done by Wednesday night.

Send General - 9
Remain Calm -

3000 Soldiers - 1
22 Gold -
General - 10

Flowers - 1
Fabrics - 5
Band - 4

Invite Ada Yay - 10
Invite Ada Neigh -

I'm surprised more people didn't vote on the flowers as our supplies are at a healthy level and we're getting 9 a week. The voting for fabrics and the band were very close but I'll just purchase the fabrics for now as most of the votes were singular.

Edit: I missed one of the votes.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 25, 2023