Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The cat can and will be petted in the first proper update. I'll make sure to pet it at every available opportunity.

There better be a vote on adopting a new dog or cat into the household :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I don't want to spoil anything, but there might be a chance or two to extend our animal family.

Voted 5, going hog wild

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Give our blessing, that should be good enough for that lot. And finance the peasant's inn. Let's encourage inns aplenty whenever the opportunity rises. On that note, should probably fix the pantry roof as well, that's important.

It's the only move right now, really

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I completely forgot to include the decision about the criminal. I've edited it into the main post but I'll include the section here as well:

I apologise, I've been working on this on and off for the past few days and was working on this for a solid two hours before posting. My brain was a little frazzled when I hit the post button. I probably should have slept on this and checked it over in the morning with a fresh mind.

I'll take this on board for the next update

The public defender in me says Pardon him, king bro

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Quackles posted:

Ooh, looking forward to how this goes.

Surely it won't go as bad as Ankist has gone under the Snakes :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

To the dungeons. I am afraid that if we release the prisoner he will report on our lack of defenses and bring down even more banditry upon us, or worse. An execution could also create a worse reprisal in the future. Just hold him for info for now.

Send him on his way. I feel for this peasant but we can't use the realm's military or gold for one child. If we didn't have Lord Etton's issue it would be easier to send the General, but we do, unfortunately, have larger issues

Send the General for Lord Etton. We can't negotiate with terrorists. If we pay the ransom then more and more bandits and others will attempt to kidnap the children of our nobles. We need to deal with this harshly, not by giving into their demands.

Repair the Theatre. We need a happy populace at this critical time.

No Horses Princess- They are dangerous anyways :colbert:

Slaan fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 2, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The royal daughter will one day be ruling in her own right some day. Let her stay to gain some small experience being around documents et al to normalize them for the future.

We don't have the gold to invest at this point, but can't afford a loan either. No loan and tell the tavern investor to return later.

We have enough supplies for now to help our people. Five supplies to each village to help them recover

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Counselor, will this new general require weekly pay? If so, how much? I don't want to ruin our small income despite how useful another general would be

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Invite Ada: She might not have a big army, but maybe she has good ideas. I still hold on to the idea that perhaps we can settle things with the Radovians peacefully. After all, perhaps Beyran isn't such a bad guy.

Send Stan to Investigate: Knowledge is the root of power.

Get Another General: We might need two military operations at once, and if not, maybe he's a funny guy and he and Stan can strike up a comedy duo.

Hire A Band: Flowers and fabrics are good enough, but no party's a real party unless there's some good music. Plus maybe they can provide some stirring battle tunes when we're planning our strategy, get everyone in the mood, you know.

Assuming we can't tell King Dickhead to gently caress off, these options have my vote. However, I must protest this marriage. We can negotiate with these foreigners rather than force our Lord's innocent daughter into a marriage with a probable dickhead. At least let her meet both of her suitors first!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My Lords, Post North is nearest my own holdings, so obviously the general must strike there first.

This innkeep is far too insolent. First we build his inn for him with the realm's resources and then he lies to our face about what he can pay back. We must demand the four gold per week to ensure no other self important yeoman tries to cheat our Majesty.

Your girl must not pursue swordplay, My Lord. No prospective marriage will accept a marriage to a woman so flagrantly boyish. The realm needs a good marriage alliance from her, not a duelist.

Monsters with steel don't exist. This peasant lies to us again. Those, like myself, with holdings near the invaders need the resources more. Send him off

A band my Liege

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No flowers for now my lord. We need to have them freshly picked, no wilting allowed!

My holdings to the North require a good sweep from our military. If those cads trample my tenant farmers fields, they won't be able to pay rent and so they would starve over winter when I took what they do have. And that would be terrible...

Buy the medicine as I trust this merchant more than some leechmonger

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Black Robe posted:

Most of these matters seem fairly obvious, really.

Accept the gold, kick out the drunk, give supplies to the village, lock up the conman and tell Ada we have him.

I agree whole heartrdly, except about the drunk. Get him gold for boots just in case he ends up being a neighboring king in disguise or something looking to test us for kindness

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Just making sure, but I think you skipped my vote?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My holdings to the North require, nay, DESERVE protection from the General. The King has put off his duties as Liegelord to myself long enough to take care of the peasants.

She can go find her own witch in the woods. The realm has better things to do than take care of a single I'll peasant.

Hmph, I agree with our new ally. Who cares for the frills when the vow and finances are all that matter? The old dress shall suffice

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Finally, a fashion mini game

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Could really use that 50 gold we wasted on a stupid dress to deal with this

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Send this peasant on his way. He probably doesn't even have a child and just made up a story for coin.

This letter feels like a red herring to me. Why would they keep it here and not destroy it if not for a false lead? Send Stan to Kosano. I'd like the man to fetch some good hardwood for my carpenter to use for a new desk.

Her Ladyship Lena would be a good start.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Such a concerned father. How could the King turn him down :geno:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My Lords and Ladies, these peasants shall never make our tea or brush the horses correctly without a training ground. We must get one immediately before my patience wears too thin with my current body man.

This Pietro needs to leave, never to return. The madman is depressing the land values of my capital estate with his ravings!

I'm sure the peasants have plenty of food and supplies saved up, the thieving cuts never pay all of their taxes from my experience because they hide it under their cow herds or something. Give them our "condolences" and see them off, the wretches

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'd happily take the four soldiers, they may become the deciding factor in winning this game. I'll wait until Pietro's storyline is concluded before I start speaking about the alternative scenario.

I've just started working on the next update. I've just created the week eleven banner and I'm about to work on the opening gif, so I haven't even started the first petitioner yet. I'm definitely aiming to have an update up over the weekend though. With the loan repayments and Stan's wages, we're currently running at -1 gold a week right now. Unless things start to become critical I'll be keeping Stan's services ongoing as we would be worse off if we didn't use him. We do have one village on the map with a quest, but the others and any other random ones that pop up could be beneficial in some unlikely ways.

Edit: Oh dear, Slaan is in hot water right now!

:ohdear: what happened to my holdings in the North?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A daughter for soldiers? Marry her off

Send Stan to Kaski to keep him closer to my holdings in the North. I need these raiders away from my vineyards!

Send the peasant away. Tchk, annoying things aren't they

Build The Stables. The care my dear mare Rapscallion gets in this town is abominable. We simply must care for our horses better!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This alliance can be sealed merely by requesting Sir Freddy? Invite the man, post haste!

This woman has the right of it. The city has too small rooms, too small stables, too small gardens and too well paid servants. Give her 25 gold so that at least one family in this realm has a decent place to stay!

If the poor are high, then how will they work? Toss the merchant in the dungeon.

Tell the God botherers to sod off. Money to tithes is money not being spent on armies or stables for my horse!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 30, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well I never! Get this beast out of the council and throne room immediately! It is highly uncouth to have it near our august personages!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Give the fine tavern keeper 28 gold to hire guards. My safety when I visit the... fine ladies at this fine establishment for only the finest reasons is paramount. These guards will ensure the safety of my person! And the women I guess. And my horse, which is very important as well!

This whole discussion about a curse and all that makes me want to Invite Lady Lena. If true, then we need such a devious person as an ally. Let's get this wedding started!

We must not give gold to the beast. Nay, far better to find an exterminator to remove the realm of this oversized spiky rat

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Concerning, looking into this

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Obviously it's time to get her a hedgehog named The Stabber for Xmas

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

As a reminder, Ser Friddy pledged 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies to us if we tell Nopesy to gently caress off.

------

My Lords and Ladies,

It is clear that Sir Frederick told no lie. This man is a braggart and liar. I doubt that he truly has access to that many men for us. Worse, he clearly has no noble bloodline! We must refuse Noaksey and follow noble Sir Frederick's plan!

This beggar dares to enter our King's throne room? Imprison the drunk bastard, or at least kick him out post haste.

Pfft, I have never seen a cock so flagrantly hideous. It absolutely clashes with the decor of the throne room. The new tree is bad enough! Nay to the merchant

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Aye, build a stable as well, so my dear horses can finally rest away from the uncouth peasants

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yes, yes Send Stan to restore order. It will be a shame to lose my favorite... seamstresses' guildhall, but having a good drink house less tainted by the common ruffians is worth it.

And I care not for the fate of the prisoner. Send him away for torture, at least he won't be fed on my tax gold anymore

And what is the meaning of the missing fowl? It was a bad purchase, to be sure, but it was for the King's guidance, not for his daughter's menagerie! Bring it back at once!

Oh, and have Lurs over for tea so we can have his support and so I can fleece him again at the dice table

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Hogwash! If I had hired a killer they would have been far more elegant than a mere buttocks! I am incensed that you would accuse me of such underhanded tactics without panache!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Send Alena to the hidden hut. Also, maybe she can pick up some.. special supplies while there? Not that I need any aids, but my cousin. Over in Branada could use something...

Side with Friderick. Ser Friddy is a loyal noble of good means. Far more trustworthy than this flabbergast!

No supplies to the attacked village, they should have prepared themselves better. I shan't allow the good wheat for my horses to go to unprepared PEASANTS!

Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks. They smell and I don't want them around for now. Get a bath, ruffians!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh right, need to invite someone. Lurs can get his needs finished

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

On a side note, Jovan would ally with us even if we had sided with Noaksey.

I feel so betrayed :(

What do I care about a peasant merchant doing money things? The fools would sell their own mothers to a brothel to get half a copper piece. Let him trade with Radovians

Yes yes, let your pet wise women research the phial. Better than spending money on her to go kiss deer in the woods or whatever.

The gods botherers can sod off. Their deity would probably prefer they do everything themselves to show piety or something anyways. See, we are still helping!

This babushka is not our concern. Call me when she burns down a stable or harms horses or attacks my favorite brothel or sics an attack hedgehog on the King.

Invite Lord Groggy. Oh we did have such nights on the town together as young men! He never had a head for drink, be groggy all day when I took him out! Good times..

Send Stan to Wolomy. I'm sure the peasants are behind on their taxes or something

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

She probably bakes some amazing cookies. What's a few missing kids in exchange for cookies?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Off with his head! Some angry Knight shouldn't be able to go around accusing and slaying his betters people. This deserves punishment!

Keep 'The Stork' my Lord. The land and my own opportunity to get it can't lose such a cultural masterpiece!

Send Stan with the poet so that we can finish his glorious piece. What a way to increase the men's morale!

We have a witch, no need for a sorcerer. He can sod off

Yes, yes give the village some gold. That one has a lodge nearby I stay at when I'm out hunting. The lodge can't get servants if they are all dead.

Invite Masha to get rid of the thief.

Prepare the witch for battle as she isn't needed at this moment.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Fire the cook! That bastard surely poisoned my food a couple weeks ago. I spent a full week in the latrine. I don't trust this soup either *pushes it away*

Send the witch to the fog as getting rid of fog will help our stupid PEASANTS do their jobs and farm supplies for the army

The first dealer's mom can sod off. How dare this woman bring up such minor matters to His Grace?!

Prep the General. The damned PEASANTS probably are behind on paying their grain taxes to His Grace so having Stan prepared will get our taxes up in the long term

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not seeing those troops doing any fighting, are you?

Withhold pay

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Advisor posted:

Hello all of you lovely people, and to you as well Slaan.

Ah, it's good to be recognized for my superiority to these merchants and peasants also on this advisory council. You are invited to my spring solstice party next year as a reward for your personal growth. :smug:

Hmm, have The General accompany the Poet so that we can have a resolution to that beautiful poem.

Give the parasite some gold. The more trade coming through the better the winter selection!

Invite Grego back to confront him. Artwork must stay safely in the private vaults of the nobility away from the prying eyes and grubby hands of the peasantry. That includes the fireplaces of new money like him!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well we never did get Stabber Stew, so maybe it took a few weeks of aging before it could be cooked for that perfect umami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Witch should visit the northern most location possible to keep my filthy peasants healthy enough to work. Fools likely don't even scrape the cow dung off their hands after picking up worms or whatever it is they do. Even the witch is smarter than those idiots.

Invite Noaksey for more information, I guess. It shan't harm or help me so I don't really care.

And yes yes buy the supplies. The last few weeks have truly had terrible catering by His Majesty's servants. If we buy more ingredients then at least that's one less way for the PEASANTS to grumble themselves out of working. Oh boo hoo we don't have anything except magic chicken my horse's bum!