Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Hang on, important question. That's a big cat in the banner at the top of the first post. Can we pet the cat? We should pet the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The cat can and will be petted in the first proper update. I'll make sure to pet it at every available opportunity.

Five-voted thread. I'll be hanging on every update.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Upgrade: Fix Market Stall. The sooner we get an investment happening, the faster it'll pay off.

Build the Inn. Investments are important. Also we can take Dusty there and many people can pet him.

Fix Pantry Roof. A constant drain on our resources is going to hurt us in the long run.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Surely our decisions will not cause this kingdom to implode horribly.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Imprison the raider, maybe we can find a use for him later.

Ban the princess from the market.

Send Stan to find the peasant's child, the money wasn't guaranteed to work there.

Pay the ransom for Lord Etton's child, we know the money will solve the problem.

Leave the theater alone for now.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I suppose that's one way of killing time in this murky den. You see... Beyran, that lunatic, thinks everyone will follow him, ha ha! Keeps raving about some promise. One of the seven Kings will give him his daughter. He thinks that he's got a chance at mingling with the royals. I still can't decide. Is he the mad one, or is it his followers, who believe this bunk, who are really insane?

It'll be interesting to learn more about Beyran's motivations. Is "mingling with the royals" just a path to power or does he actually want to bring his Radovian raiders in from the cold into a more "civilized" society? Maybe it'll turn out he's not such a bad guy!

EDIT: Update on the previous page.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 7, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

That was an error on my own behalf. The option in the game is "All we can offer is 7G.", which is deliberately obtuse and it won't be the last time that we will see choices like this. It was during the council meeting that I mentioned giving him gold to help search for the son as a bit of narrative but I forgot to consult the actual dialogue while writing. I'll be more careful with this in the future, luckily this was a case of we either send the General or he walks out so this would have happened regardless. If we had refused him outright then he would have offered us a gold piece to send the General.

Edit: I could use the obtuse choices to make Eryk look even more like an asshat.

I hate obtuse choices like this in RPG's of any kind. I think the ones that always stood out to me the most were in the original Mass Effect, where what seems like vague assurances gets translated by the game as "we should make out now" and mild admonishments turn into wild, angry rants.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Well, if we are quite certain that His Majesty hasn't left out any important details this time...? Jolly good.

Let us send supplies to both the villages in need.

Send gold to the man wishing to build a tavern, I have a feeling we're all going to need plenty to drink.

Take the gold loan, I'm sure nothing bad can come of this (and it won't be my kneecaps getting broken when it does....)

A loan to make some investments is a good move.

Let Her Stay in regards to the royal daughter, though. Precocious youngsters playing with the kingdom's artifacts and riches have never ended poorly.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Real life and people take priority over LP's, take care and take the time you need.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Invite Ada: She might not have a big army, but maybe she has good ideas. I still hold on to the idea that perhaps we can settle things with the Radovians peacefully. After all, perhaps Beyran isn't such a bad guy.

Send Stan to Investigate: Knowledge is the root of power.

Get Another General: We might need two military operations at once, and if not, maybe he's a funny guy and he and Stan can strike up a comedy duo.

Hire A Band: Flowers and fabrics are good enough, but no party's a real party unless there's some good music. Plus maybe they can provide some stirring battle tunes when we're planning our strategy, get everyone in the mood, you know.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Post East: It doesn't do to let them surround us, and it's probably the one they can replace with the least ease.

Accept his offer of one gold a week: It doesn't do to strangle the golden goose. Getting free money is excellent in any case.

Give them five supplies: We have a surplus of supplies at the moment, lets help them out.

Hire a band: A wedding without music is just eating food while watching people kiss, it isn't a real party. The band isn't simply a luxury, its a necessity for the integrity of the realm. Everyone would laugh at us if they knew we held a wedding without music.

Allow her to train: The worst that can happen is that she might need some stitches, at the very least it'll make her feel safer if she knows she can defend herself and it might allow her to protect herself if no one else is around to do so in the future.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I can't believe people don't think Smudge is a "proper" pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

RIP Smudge.