Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I didn't know that.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1115690/Yes_Your_Grace/
GOG: https://www.gog.com/en/game/yes_your_grace

This game is also available to play on the Switch but it's not currently on sale right now.

You can pet the cat as much as you want.

YOINK!

This has all the makings of a very cool SSLP, I'll be following!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

A peasant has asked for 5 and 5 to cover the costs of his daughter's wedding ceremony. While this may increase the morale of our people a little, would this benefit the kingdom in any other way? If we accept this request does that mean that we should pay for every other ceremony that is asked of us? Should we Pay for the wedding or should we Just give our blessing?.

We also have a potential investment opportunity. A peasant from one of our villages has asked that we help finance the building of an inn for their villagers. Should we Give him 7 or should we Send him on his way?

We currently only have one General and they have been sent to investigate a problem near one of the local villages. We need to be considerate of where we send him as he can only be in one place at a time. We will start recruiting more people soon, but we are very short on staff for now.

The dungeons are in dire need of repair, we only have one cell that we can use and it's currently occupied by a petty criminal. Everyone should pay for their crimes but his crime was only a minor one and he has been in the cell for some time now. Should we Pardon him to make room in case there is a serious or should we Keep him locked up until he has paid his dues?

We also need to decide whether we want to start on any repairs now or if we want to wait until we have more resources. You can see that resources are slowly being drained while these facilities are currently in a state of disrepair. We will need to start the repairs sooner rather than later, but we also don't want to spend too much just in case something unexpected turns up. Please vote if you want to Upgrade with your choice in a facility or facilities, or vote on Not to upgrade for now.

Just give our blessing, we can't be paying for every ding-dang wedding in our kingdom.

Finance the inn, it's going to be the first stop for so many adventures!

Keep the criminal locked up since he lied right off the bat. Honesty is the best policy.

Repair the pantry roof since we need resources for, well, living.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I hope that you don't mind if I use your names in the updates, if it's an issue then please let me know and I'll leave them out or amend any that I've already done. Also, feel free to role-play with future votes if you want to, I was tempted to add some things but I thought it would be unfair to force characterisations on people who want to do their own.

This is great! Please roll with it and I'm sure the voting responses will get even better :eng101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Throw the Radovian in prison. We should continue to question him, discuss their intent and their goals, and hopefully over time build up trust with the captive. An eye for an eye makes the world blind, so they say.

Give seven gold to the peasant. I can think of no more urgent issue than a missing child, and if we can rescue the boy and shed some light on the other cases of children gone missing, so much the better.

Send Stan the General to deal with the bandits. We must keep our relationships with the lords of our land very close, and along with the peasant’s case this sounds very urgent.

Leave the theater be for now. We must be economical with our gold, and as everyone has said this is a high amount of petitioners. There are more important things to deal with.

Do not punish your daughters. Sit with them. Ask how they feel. Do not command. They need a father, not a king… respectively of course!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Sit with Asalia. Ask how she feels. Do not command. They need a father, not a king… respectively of course!

Took the words right out of my mouth! :v:

And n'thing Fix the theatre

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Your cat-petting skill increases by 0.1 points.

Your Grace, your daughter is indeed precocious, but means no harm. Let her stay in the council chambers. With a little extra care not to leave valuable documents or artifacts within her reach, I believe it to be a harmless indulgence.

Take the loan of fifty gold pieces but be mindful not to spend it quickly, your Grace. The kingdom seems to have a small but steady income and several investment opportunities before us. If your Grace can repay this initial, interest-free loan and grow our coffers, there will be no further need of dealings with the Bank de Florentini.

Using the funds from the bank, I suggest the kingdom invest in the tavern. I agree with Audry -- the longer we wait to fund a good opportunity, the longer until it pays dividends. Between the inn your Grace has already financed and this tavern, the people will come to our kingdom for rest and refreshment more than ever before!

As for the men clad in black pillaging our towns, send the people five supplies to ease their minds and nourish their bodies. There have been a disturbing number of incidents beyond our castle walls. I know we have but one general at the moment, but hopefully there will be good news on the bandits' apprehension, or... a cleaner solution.

Finally, a growing sickness is nothing to take lightly. Your Grace, grant the poor woman seven supplies with the hope of quelling this plague for good and all.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

So sorry to hear, take care of yourself and your loved ones

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The threat of Radovian invasion is our most pressing concern. Send General Stan to get to the bottom of this at once!

King Talys, was it? Not the most... cordial of people to deal with, I must say. For Lorsulia's sake let us hope the apple did fall far from the tree. But dowries don't grow on trees, now do they? I suggest we take up the King's offer and welcome a new general to our fold. Stan, reliable as he is, cannot deal with everything himself. And what good are soldiers without a proper commander to lead them?

I do hope Lorsulia finds the lands of Atana, not to mention her new Prince, to her liking. But weddings can be such fun! I do enjoy dancing, so hire a band for sure! We also have the means to buy the flowers as it only costs 15 resources and we make 9 per week. Fabrics seem a luxury for now, so that would be the extent of it for now, in my opinion. Only last week I suggested we keep spending low, and then a royal wedding finds its way to Davern!

Lastly, I suggest we invite Ada for an audience. We must not be too object-oriented, but sixty soldiers and a resource would do well with our processing. The more allies we compile into our fold, the more successful the output.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'm surprised no one voted on the flowers as our supplies are at a healthy level and we're getting 9 a week.

Bregor posted:

We also have the means to buy the flowers as it only costs 15 resources and we make 9 per week.

I was saying boo-urns buy the flowers :smith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I apologise for the cock-up, there have been a few so far and we're only about an eighth of the way through the LP so far.

No worries, it's all for fun! I'm enjoying the LP so much I bought it on Steam but haven't started playing it yet just so I won't spoil the plot.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'll be posting the next update soon but it seems like there's been some confusion about this new general. A lot of this game is explained very well but there are other parts that aren't quite so clear. Or maybe I'm just having a hard time interpreting some things.

I've just finished another test week and Stan still isn't drawing a wage.

The dialogue from the game is:

It seems what Talys meant was that he'd be paying Stan's wages from now on and not paying for us to hire a new one.

I'm really not feeling good right now about these errors that I'm making with this LP.

Don't be too hard on yourself. To me, this seems like deliberate in-game ambiguity from King Jerkface rather than anything you've done. Onward and upward.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I just need to go to the little advisor's room.

When you gotta go, you gotta go...

Allow Asalia to train. She's content within the castle walls and talkative to boot. And we certainly could use another swordarm 'round here, now couldn't we?

As for the enemy encampments, the ones to the north and west look fairly close, are connected by a road, and have the shelter of the surrounding forest if Stan were forced to pursue them. However, to the east there lies a single camp in the open, without nearby support, ready to be struck down. Send General Stan to the east and cut down the barbarians in the open. In the coming weeks, hopefully we will have more generals or more intelligence on the enemy's movements and strategy. Then the king's forces can attend to the other camps.

It is wonderful that the merchant's inn is thriving, but his boasting does not match his offer of tribute. If this inn has indeed become a popular and profitable destination, then ask for three gold per week from the merchant.

More attacks on our villages? Our people need us more than ever. Offer their representative five supplies, but this trend of preying on the vulnerable is most troubling!

Last week I thought we had enough supplies for flowers, and now I'm not so sure... Likewise, this week it looks like we could afford the band, but I would like to be more prudent for now. No further spending on the wedding, but I'm sure the coming weeks will bring better fortune.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

the entire thing is ruined

It may be a long wait as we are only in week five out of fifty.

:thunk:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Even with the loan payment, we're at +6 gold per week, not too shabby!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Order the flowers! Fortune smiles upon thee, your Grace, as there are indeed fewer petitioners this week. I feel confident that our reserve of supplies can take a hit for the royal wedding.

Send General Stan to the post west. It is along a roadway, and closer to the castle than the post north. It must be dealt with if guests are to come to Grevno is just a few short weeks, and perhaps striking their bases will lead to fewer raids on the villages.

Purchase the merchant's medicine for five gold. Seems like a small luxury, and it may make a difference to a friend down the line.

No pigeons this week. However King Talys will arrive for the wedding soon, perhaps we can share this elixir with him at that time.

And your Grace, what of the strange gentleman going on about his candles moving in the middle of the night? Has he seen a spook, specter, or ghost? Or perhaps just some elaborate prank... (Oh dear, I hope Asalia isn't sneaking out of the castle again...)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Those green checks on our to-do list are great. And up to 22 contentment. Feels like we're doing okay!

*nervously waits for next week's petitioners*

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The kingdom's coffers are healthy and our payments to the Bank de Florentini are almost at an end. I suggest we refuse the payments from the inn and allow the region to grow and thrive.

That poor drunkard is lucky our Grace is a kind and patient man, and the potions he quaffs also have a special power... to make him disappear. Send him to the dungeon until he has his wits about him.

Our people continue to need our support in this perilous time. Give the villager seven supplies, and let us hope we can find another general!

I'm sure there are many people who fit the description Ada provided for the swindler. However, we can't be too careful with the wedding fast approaching, and twelve gold pieces is so much to ask of the kingdom. Send for Ada and lock up the "merchant" until she arrives. We'll get to the bottom of this.

Finally, Cedani needs a proper pet! Is there no way to provide her with a kitten of her own? Maybe won as a prize at a local fair? They have one around these parts at least once a millennia.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

What good is being a king if you can’t throw anyone and everyone in a dungeon? :v:

Away with him, then!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I do! :3:

Also I enjoyed the glove bit

Bregor
May 31, 2013

There is an old saying in Davern -- "happy wife, happy life." Choose the puffy dress and give our dear queen and princess the best royal wedding possible! Besides, it's the name of the update, we have to pick it :v:

Both targets seem important, but I recommend sending General Stan to the west.

And I concur that the peasant should try the medicine and report the effects to the court if possible.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

There will be some new mechanics introduced after the wedding, one of them will surely please some people.

More cats!?!? :3:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Once we hit the mid-game, we find a witch who can bake magic cookies to turn the entire royal family into cats.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I'm guessing this is one of those "But thou must." moments where the game just makes something happen for Reasons.

Either that or Talys is very allergic to snails :v:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The real Yes, Your Grace starts here.

:doit:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Also, send for Lord Lurs right away, and if we can form an alliance with him and Lord Etton in one fell swoop, it will mean gold, supplies, and soldiers for our kingdom.

People process grief differently, and even though the petitioner conveys a lack of urgency, a missing child is no small thing. Since Stan is needed elsewhere, give the man seven gold pieces and hopefully he may hire his own search team and locate the missing boy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor: Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Bregor: Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Minor thing but you have the same quote from me twice

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yet another village ravaged by the hordes. Each one is a tragedy, and yet they are so frequent as to become a statistic. First and foremost, our people need support. Give the villagers the supplies they require while we work on a permanent solution.

Speaking of, our best chance at long-term relief from the Radovian barbarians is some veteran leadership within our units. Fund the training grounds to help grow our army, and hopefully find some officers among the lot.

Lord Pietro's condition is as troubling as it is annoying. Repeatedly sending him away has not provided him (or Audry) any relief, so perhaps keeping him safe in our dungeon is the best course of action. After all, what do they say about the definition of insanity?

Lastly, invite Lord Etton back to Grevno, and get the full story about this illicit substance that drives the common folk to their doom. Perhaps it is truly dangerous, or perhaps Lord Lurs is motivated by misplaced virtue, a desire for over-incarceration, or simply wants to eliminate an economic rival. (Regardless, maybe His Grace could request some Dipu Dabu for his loyal council members to sample... you know... for scientific purposes and so forth...)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Oh... Your Grace. It feels safer in here. I don't have to worry about anyone coming after me. I have my friends here, and no one can come inside. I wish I'd just asked you to imprison me straight away, Your Grace.

:unsmith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

…I still really liked the puffy dress.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Even with the calamities all around us, our people are more content than ever. Let us not waste this good will! Send General Stan to investigate the attacked village and hopefully root out the ones plundering our countryside!

We are in no position to fund anything else at the moment... No new projects until we increase our revenue or the loan is paid off.

Speaking of revenue, I agree with council members sb hermit and Veloxyll. Let us send for Lord Jovan and gauge their interest in an interest-free boost to our coffers! Although we do still need to prioritize Lord Etton's request... and his product...

For the sake of His Grace's family, do not decide on a marriage for Asalia until she has had the opportunity to meet with the prince in question.

And lastly, ALL HAIL THE STABBER!! :3:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

> HIRE DETECTIVE:ovr:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The dust at our doorstep! As much as I'd like to see the man responsible in chains and the product in my hands I think it prudent to invite the merchant back in two weeks time. We can send Stan to Kaski to investigate in the meantime, and learn more about this nefarious trade!

Two allies are better than one, send for Sir Friderick straight away!

The Cult of Trees, eh? Sacred things they may be, but I don't see how gold will help them, or how they would help us. Send the cultist away.

And speaking of giving away gold for no purpose, 25 pieces for a bigger house? With no offer of resources or repayment? For a commoner?! I think not! Send the farmer away as well.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I feel very lucky indeed to have our meeting graced with the STABBER’s presence!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

General Stan found the bandits! Huzzah! But let us not be distracted, settling the matter of the dust trade is still very important. Send Stan to Kaski to investigate the matter.

Sir Friderick (and his mustache) would be a worthy and honorable ally. Send for Lord Noaksey and see to his plan.

Unfortunately we do not have the gold nor an extra general to send to the tavern. Tell the barkeep we will aid him in a few weeks time.

And for the love of all that is good in this world, pay the STABBER!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Rooster is going to be The Stabber's mount, that's why she's needing a saddle to go along with it.

The STABBER also needs the black rooster to perform their combo technique, Flying Quills

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:popeye:

Also does your daughter have a pet hedgehog?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Slaan posted:

As a reminder, Ser Friddy pledged 80 men, 4 gold and 2 supplies to us if we tell Nopesy to gently caress off.

Not to mention Lord Jovan's 120 soldiers and 5 gold if Sir Friderick joins.

That is it for now, we shall reconvene in an hour's time. I think that it's Bregor's turn to pay for dinner tonight!

Ah yes... so it is! Thank you Audry. Not to worry, my good council members, my purse can handle this. As luck would have it, I wagered a fair amount of coin on a sporting match between Wolomy and Luba. Came down to the final throw! And now... let's see... wine and mead of course, cheese, meat, some roasted vegetables for.... one, two, three... well you know what they say, easy come easy go!

Hmph, Groffos the Great indeed! The great performer! I would just as soon send him to the theater or the dungeons before he gets anywhere near a battle! Put into motion Sir Friderick's plan and let us see how this plays out.

It's as the old saying goes, buy a man a fishing rod... and he will trade it for a bottle. Wait, that doesn't sound right. In any event, it is not His Grace's duty to provide for the town drunk. Send the commoner on his way.

My word, what a majestic cock! And how valuable a talent it has, especially when we need to ascertain who is deceiving His Grace! It may even help with the upcoming trial! Agree to purchase the splendid black cock for 18 gold and keep it close to the royal family! In fact, didn't Lady Cedani wish to have a friend for the STABBER? Oh, it's perfect!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hmm. The lords are offering us gold and supplies, which doesn't seem like a lot at first. But I've been looking into things and it seems like the gold\supplies that they're offering us on a weekly basis and not just a one-off.

Edit: Which makes who we ally with a little more strategic as it means that it makes more sense to have a balance of incomes instead of loading it mainly on one of them.

I had assumed it was a weekly boon, going through the trouble of sending for all these lords and ladies for a one-time benefit seemed like a lot of hassle!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

sb hermit posted:

Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

:hmmyes: I agree with my honorable fellow councilmember!

As for General Stan, send him to Luba. The short jaunt will give him plenty of leeway to return to Grevno quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Can we send for Friderick now or do we have to wait for the dragonslayer to return first? I voted assuming the latter.