Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
If the king is truly concerned about war, it would be best that we work to strengthen the bonds between the government and the people. Having all the money and supplies in the world will do nothing if the people won't stand with us, and it would help prevent people from turning against us as well.

With the Radovian prisoner, I do not believe releasing him would be wise as for the moment, he is nothing more than a bandit. Execution, on the other hand, would take time and could potentially send the wrong message to the Radovian people if he turns out to be more important than we realize. Thus, I believe we should imprison him. Not only is it safer, any information he has could be something we need at the moment. We can always choose to execute him later.

Now for the cases of the missing children. I do not believe sending the petitioners away without aid is a wise thing. However, we must take one thing into account. Lord Etton has given us two options to help save his daughter; paying the ransom or sending General Stan to aid him in fighting the kidnappers. The peasant, whose name is unknown, (we really should start taking notes about that, it sounds so rude to call them 'peasant',) only asked for the aid of our general.

Attempting a raid on the kidnappers is far too dangerous; it could result in the lady being killed, even with General Stan's aid. So I recommend paying the ransom. This would also leave us free to send General Stan to help find the missing child. I am aware that there is a difference of 5 gold between these options, but we know for certain that paying would sway the kidnappers. We don't know the trouble the boy has gotten into, and money may be of no help at all.

Unfortunately, we would have to leave the theater for now as helping either of them using money and repairing the theater would leave us broke or not having enough funds to repair it. We can look into that at a later week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The game just labels these people as 'Peasant'. If any of you want to start giving these people names then I'm up for suggestions. I can always change some of the names retroactively if need be.

No, it was just an in-character comment since no names were given. Feel free to ignore stuff like that from me!

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Might as well build the theater. Considering we probably are going to lose some contentment after the father announces we tried to give him pity money.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

TheDavies posted:

Get a backup for the General, send our current General to investigate, buy fabrics, and invite Ada.

I agree with this. 3000 soldiers is a good start, but we do need more allies. While doubling the army size would be useful, we'd also have to be the ones to feed them and it's much easier to feed one extra person than 3000.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Okay, several things to talk about this week.

Clearing the camps should be our highest priority, and I believe we should clear Post West first, as it is closest to one of our roads. If any guests coming for the wedding arrive by that road, they would potentially be in great danger.

As we invested the crown's funds in this inn, we deserve some payment. However, we should also not allow ourselves to be duped. 1 gold is far too little repayment. Push for three gold.

Providing 5 goods makes the most sense for the missing cattle scenario, as giving out money would only be used to purchase replacement goods. Might as well cut out the middleman while we have supplies to spare.

As we have the money now, I see no reason not to hire a band this week. After all, it might take time to locate skilled musicians to play during the wedding.

While it is your family and I question why you are asking us to handle your domestic issues, I see no reason not to allow Princess Asalia to learn swordsplay. In these dangerous times, she should learn how to defend herself. Allow her to train.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Do not buy the flowers yet. I concur that we should try to save up some more money in the treasury for now.

Send General Stan to the west post. Odds are that the raid came from one of the posts anyways, so we would be killing two birds with one stone by clearing out the posts.

I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run.

Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Now that we have our general back, we should send him to the fort closest to one of our roads. Send Stan west.

Give her the medicine. If we don't trust it ourselves, we might as well give it to someone who can use it. Besides, it can't be worse than anything else this family has tried already.

Pick the middle dress. She is our princess and her wedding dress will make a statement whether we want it to or not. There's no need to beggar ourselves, but the dress should at least be presentable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I mean, if he had more than 4 soldiers, maybe Lord Pietro would have felt safer?