Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Just give our blessing, the kingdom can't pay for weddings given its current status.

Finance the inn, developing the kingdom is good.

Pardon the prisoner, it was only a minor crime, and the king is kind.

Upgrade: Fix Pantry Roof, get rid of a drain on the kingdom's resources.

Upgrade: Fix Market Stall, gain more resources over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

PurpleXVI posted:

Surely our decisions will not cause this kingdom to implode horribly.

If they do, we already know what will happen:

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

The previous council members were composed of the local nobles throughout the land, but we had to change things due to the sheer amount of embezzlement, bribery and other activities that were taking place. You all know this already as most of you were there for their executions.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Kanthulhu posted:

Fix the theater

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

CzarChasm posted:

Unfortunate that we can't really do anything with the gold we have on hand - Take the loan

Let the daughter play in the council room

We have the supplies to spare for now, give five and seven to the people asking

invest in the tavern

Seconded!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Take all the time you need!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan for more info.

Get a 2nd general so we can have more options.

Buy fabrics so they can start working on the dresses.

Invite Ada to visit, we want more allies.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Minor typo: you put me down as "jqk" instead of "jkq". :)

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I looked at your name two or three times to make sure I was getting your... *checks* three lettered name spelt correctly and I still misspelt it. I'm sorry for getting it wrong, I've fixed it now.

No worries, thanks for fixing it!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Allow Asalia to train, she seemed interested in it, the King can spend some time with her in the future, and she can defend herself if she continues to sneak out of the castle. Win-win!

Send Stan east, how did they even get around the castle to begin with? We don't want them to attack us from the back when we engage the other two camps. (Vaguely recalling that they came from the mountains to the west?)

Demand 3 gold, he shouldn't have bragged about how important it is. Plus, we probably paid for the majority of the costs earlier.

Give 5 supplies, it's not like they can eat the gold, they'd have to go buy food anyways. We have a lot of things requiring gold right now (the loan, the wedding) and not as much for supplies.

Hire the band so that they can start practicing.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I have holiday from work for a week and a half as of Monday but I'll have my youngest with me for most of it.

Make sure you spend enough time with your kid ...

Yes, Your Grace posted:

I was just warming up! Do you think we could do this again one day?

I will speak to your mother first, I'm not sure how she would feel about you playing with swords.

... but maybe not by teaching her how to fight with swords? ;)

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Do not buy the flowers yet, we should wait until the last minute, or they'll wilt and we'll look like idiots. This also gives us a chance to save up some money in the treasury.

Send Stan to the west post, the village has already been raided, so let's try and prevent more problems by going after the posts. The west one looks like it's closer to the road, so we should check that one first.

Use the pigeon to call Talys and have him meet with the "miracle medicine" vendor. I personally have my doubts about its usefulness, but Talys can decide if he wants to have his wife try it or not.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

SimplyUnknown1: I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run. Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

SimplyUnknown1: I actually believe we should purchase the medicine. Not to use, but rather to examine it. If it is a scam as many of you believe, then we'll have evidence to lock this merchant away. If it does turn out to be real, however, we can potentially learn how to make it ourselves and save the money in the long run. Because we do not know if the cure-all is real or not, I would hold off on sending any pigeons this week. No need to antagonize our allies.

You've got SimplyUnknown1 in there twice.

That's wonderful! Make sure to let me know if it works! I'm actually curious myself...

:ughh:

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Refuse the inn's gold, they weren't arrogant about it like the other guy. Also, more happiness means more taxes.

Give the drunk 1 gold, he's probably going to buy booze rather than boots, but we can afford it and hopefully it'll raise happiness?

Give the village supplies, they need the help and it's not like we have a constant drain on supplies.

Imprison the conman and send a pigeon for Ada so that she can confirm if it is right guy.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Just a quick update. I was hoping to have another update done but I've come down with another case of the Corona. I've had it since Wednesday and even though I'm on the mend, I still feel pretty shite. I'll have something up soon, hopefully.

Take your time, and get well soon!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

PurpleXVI posted:

I can't believe people don't think Smudge is a "proper" pet.

If rocks can be pets, then snails can be too!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan to the west post, it looks like it's closer to the road. Wouldn't want the guests to get attacked on the way to the wedding.

Get the puffy dress, the Queen has already approved going into debt for it, and will be angry otherwise!

Give her the medicine, but warn her that it's an unknown thing.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

CzarChasm posted:

So you dangle a cat over the castle wall, held aloft by a long rope. You lower it into the surrounding moat and pull in any fish it manages to hold onto. You have to be quick, so it doesn't eat the fish before you bring it up. Also, too heavy a fish, and the rope will break. Once you have secured the fish, you have the option to spend on lavish costumes to dress up the fish in to win some kind of popularity contest.

Also the QTE's to avoid getting mauled by the cat.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Let's give Stan the letter and have him investigate.

Send the peasant on their way, they didn't seem that concerned, and 7 gold is a lot of money (enough to build an inn!).

Invite Lurs, hopefully we can get an alliance with both him and Etton.

As much as this is of grave importance, you are needed in a lot of places right now. I will discuss this with Audry and

Seems like something is missing here?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Build the training grounds and start training up our own army.

Imprison Pietro for everybody's safety. Tell him we have a safe place for him to hide. :) We can always release him if we need the cell for something else.

Provide the village with supplies, it's not like we have anything else requiring them at the moment.

Invite Etton, and see what he has to say about the accusations from Lurs.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Lord Pietro did give us his army, all 4 soldiers to be exact. Still, we're better off than we were before.

Great, now we can protect the castle from the "dangerous" stuffed animals!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Whoops, I'll rectify my spelling error.

Just replace the picture with this one:

;)

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Hold off on another marriage, especially with how the first one turned out.

Send Stan to the village to investigate, this is the second one that has been raided. Let's see if he can figure out what's going on, and prevent/stop a 3rd village raid.

Hold off on further improvements for now, there isn't really anything that needs to be done right now. We have too many places to visit already, so we don't need the stables. The Carnival would be great for happiness, but we ought to save the money in case something comes up in the future. We can prepare the general once we're ready for war.

Invite Noaksey, they have the most troops to offer.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Invite Sir Friderick, hopefully he doesn't have anything ridiculous that he wants us to do.

Laugh them out of court. We'd all like gold from the King to improve our houses, but at least we know better than to ask in court!

Give them 12 gold to look for outside help with the tree situation. Gods and cults are not to be ignored.

Throw the merchant into the dungeon. "Winners don't do drugs(tm)."

Maybe we can have Asalia train using The STABBER instead of the sword.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

As for you, your place is in my Dungeons! I won't allow Orace Dust in Davern!

Small typo here.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
It's too bad we can't just send some of the army soldiers/recruits to solve the Inn problem while keeping Stan for other tasks.

Invite Noaksey, and see what his "story" is. :)

Give 28 gold to hire guards, it's expensive, but we need Stan for other things. Hopefully the 3 gold return will increase after the crisis is solved.
Tell him to come back in a few weeks, we're busy trying to solve a murder mystery right now!

Give 1 gold to Cedani The STABBER, as an :airquote: investment :airquote:.

jkq fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 9, 2023

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Quackles posted:

RBD - can we afford the 28G right now?

I think so? Unless I'm missing something, we've got 19 gold in expenses, and 19 gold in income. So it'll basically empty our savings, but we won't go bankrupt.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
I also changed my vote (up above). Sorry!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Slaan posted:

Obviously it's time to get her a hedgehog named The STABBER for Xmas

:emptyquote:

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Tell Noaksey about the "monster", if he's made up stories about the dragons and such, his troops might just be stories too.

Kick the beggar out again, and I suppose we'll see what story he comes up with next time. Maybe he's related to Noaksey?

Haggle the price down to 16 coins, in the worst case The STABBER gets a new friend.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

sb hermit posted:

Invite Via Lyt since she could give us 150 soldiers, more than the other allies we haven’t met yet.

Seconding this.

And don't send Stan anywhere, let's see what new surprises crop up first.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan to visit restore order at the Inn.

Invite Lurs, so that we can let him know about the Dust situation.

Hand over the prisoner, we need more allies and troops.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

jkq: Send Stan to visit restore order at the Inn.

Small typo: you lost the strikethrough I put through "visit". You can just remove the word if that works out better for the narrative.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Is hidden hut the "western woods" mentioned in the note? Assuming that it is, then:

Send Alena to the hidden hut.

Side with Friderick, Noaksey already admitted to making up stories, who knows if his accusations are made up as well?

Give supplies to the attacked village, we aren't monsters.

Ask the mercs to return in 2 weeks, we don't need them right now, but we might later.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Thanks for confirming!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Bregor posted:

Finally, let us raise a glass to the fallen hero, the STABBER. Accusations against Slaan are bollock, this was a mere accident of buttocks. Ever the loyal servant to the princess, the cute face and spiky quills of the STABBER will surely be missed around the castle. To the STABBER!

To the STABBER! :cheersbird:

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Have Alena study the phial, we need to make progress on the murder.
Lurs can keep trading with the Radovians while he helps us with troops.
Do nothing about Babushka, she hasn't harmed anyone yet.
Although I would like to help with the shrine, no gold for the shrine, we need to keep some reserves to prepare Stan and/or Alena to help with the upcoming battle.

Mechanics questions:

Is there any deadline for the "Prepare General" and "Prepare Witch" upgrades besides "before the battle with the Radovians starts"?

Since we are now allied with Sir Friderick, do we automatically ally with Jovan and have access to his troops as well, or do we have to invite him first to let him know?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

I've just noticed the votes to ignore the child eating hag :eyepop:

Won't someone eat think of the children???

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Pardon Jovan, two wrong's don't make it right, but at least it can provide some peace for Lonna.

Give the painting to Grego, material posessions can always be replaced.

Tell the sorcerer to go away, he should be happy that he has more customers!

Send Stan to help rebuild the village, the soldiers can always use more exercise.

Tell Torlando to come back in 2 weeks, or to help Stan rebuild the village, as Black Robe mentioned.

Invite Masha, maybe we can get that alliance secured too.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Accept the meal situation, the cook didn't know, and Cedani didn't get too upset (thanks to the story about letting him go free). Will we all gain the rooster's powers after eating the soup?

Send Alena to help, hopefully she doesn't disappear as well!

Give her 23 gold to hire a healer, it would be good to know if the addiction is something that can be healed. Perhaps we'll need to help cure Etton at some point in the future?

Invite Grego, we still need the troops, and now we also need the supplies.

Can we use some of our treasury funds to buy supplies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Another vote to withhold food payment.

Also voting that we ought to help Cedani find a new pet.