Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Get that trophy, Trickie! :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I hope he wins because I almost thought about picking Clark again and I would hate myself

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hahaha Rickie is fantastic - really rooting for him this tourney.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Now that the sun is out and the wind blowing a bit the course looks way harder. I hope that keeps up through the weekend.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spectators who run up and stand by a ball that's been hit outside the ropes always baffle me. They look like such dinguses.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Rahm and Xander deciding their putts on 15 there was so sweet. Exact same line, two completely different approaches. The little bit of firmness has made this hole so good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pool standing after round 2

moose47
Oct 11, 2006

What a great story it would be if Rickie can hang on. I mean, I’ve often considered myself the best player to have never won this pool. :)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao I love golf fans entertaining themselves.

NBC has a correspondent near one of the greens demonstrating how bunker shots release with how fast the greens are playing. He tosses a ball in the air by hand to simulate a bunker shot.

Guy in the stands "get in the hole!" :xd:

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
If rickie is in the lead going into sunday and isn't wearing some ugly rear end orange outfit I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Wtf is Xander doing??

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Holy gently caress Xander

That was excruciating to watch

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Reminds me of.......me

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Except that he stuck his approach to 5 feet and got out with a bogey lmao

If that’s me, I’m picking up after the second bunker shot, cracking open a cold one, and putting down a 10

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rory is absolutely mashing the ball so far.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nice putt to save par for Xander after that first hole, wow.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Do I get bonus points for Cam somehow putting a drive in a cart’s ball holder?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

When I saw the scores being posted for the first round I was all, "How is this course US Open caliber?"

Second round firmed up a lot and you could see it getting bitey.

Today's round? This course is a monstrous bitch.

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
Second straight missed cut for Corey Connors when I pick him for the pool. I should get someone else so he can have a better shot at winning.

I forgot to claim him at the PGA championship and he did alright until the last round. Sorry Corey, this was on me again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What a loving putt from Rickie.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Wowza that Scheffler eagle on 17 was incredible

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What a finish on 18 for Cam and Scheff

Anno
May 10, 2017

This course is so sick. I hope they don’t wait 40 years to come back here.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anno posted:

This course is so sick. I hope they don’t wait 40 years to come back here.

It's making for some absolutely tense golf. It rules.

Anno
May 10, 2017

That’s a proper rear end club twirl

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The look on Clark's face when he stuck that shot wow

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Off the charts BDE

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I just want Rickie to win a major.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh no Rickie...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Douchebag posted:

I just want Rickie to win a major.

:same:

I'm thoroughly enjoying this tourney though because I would love for any of Fowler/Clark/McIlroy to win.

OOF Rickie :(

Anno
May 10, 2017

I’m happy with any of the final four guys winning tomorrow. Just hope the course plays about like it did today.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's been an extremely entertaining US Open. There's been some drat good golf played.

I'm also convinced I'd shoot 110 on this course.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Kirios posted:

It's been an extremely entertaining US Open. There's been some drat good golf played.

I'm also convinced I'd shoot 110 on this course.

Agreed, great tournament.

I’d shoot 130.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I’d probably shoot about the same score here as Oak Hill but this looks like you could have a lot of fun doing it at least.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pool standings after third round

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
It's official: I want to play golf wearing sunglasses.
:dealwithit:

moose47
Oct 11, 2006

Echoing what’s been said. Course is great, tournament has been great, and there are so many players at the top that I wouldn’t mind winning…Which means that somehow Bryson will shoot a 61 and take it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

moose47 posted:

Echoing what’s been said. Course is great, tournament has been great, and there are so many players at the top that I wouldn’t mind winning…Which means that somehow Bryson will shoot a 61 and take it.

Lol right?? Although Bryson seems totally shook and in his head about how he's playing right now.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Man shoutout to Rick. Now that I think of it I don't know if there's a player that would've had less to lose and more to gain by going to LIV. Take your game, which was lost in the complete wilderness, and all that commercial power over there and don't worry as much about getting back to hear, cash a mega check and do idk Aramco ads or something. That he didn't - despite kind of talking about it in public a decent amount - and is back here poised to maybe win the U.S. Open is pretty impressive. I hope he does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Drink every time they say Marine Layer.