Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Douchebag posted:

Drink every time they say Marine Layer.

It's June gloom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Douchebag posted:

Drink every time they say Marine Layer.

Between this and "barranca" you'd be dead.

Also, Rickie wearing orange!!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Oof, terrible final putt for Fleetwood to shoot another 62. 63 ain’t bad though.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I'm sure this requires a damaged cup or something but I've had literal nightmares about doing this for years despite never seeing it happen

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1670532739177627660

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

USGA official apparently said the previous group damaged the cup when they took the flag out which is hard to picture. Maybe they pulled the entire cup up a little because the flag was stuck or something?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

USGA official apparently said the previous group damaged the cup when they took the flag out which is hard to picture. Maybe they pulled the entire cup up a little because the flag was stuck or something?

So do they give him the stroke back? Or is he SOL?

Anno
May 10, 2017

SOL I'm sure but he was already low am by like 12 and that's all he's playing for really

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anno posted:

SOL I'm sure but he was already low am by like 12 and that's all he's playing for really

Figured that was the case. And duh of course it wouldn't affect payout as an amateur.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Man I think that's the fourth total miss I've seen this week. So good.

edit: this is the most-British Open a non-British Open has felt to me in recent memory.

Anno fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 19, 2023

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Between this and "barranca" you'd be dead.

My friend and I briefly considered doing this but decided we wanted to live.

They're not even barrancas ffs, they're lovely little rainwater runoff ditches!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm nearly certain I've never heard or read the word "barranca" outside of the context of golf.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
My god this lie for Clark is insane. INSANE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rickie :(

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I've always liked Rickie and I feel so bad for him today. Was really rooting for him to finally get one.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I've always liked Rickie and I feel so bad for him today. Was really rooting for him to finally get one.

There's plenty more chances put there. Look at Fleetwood's final stretch. :frolf:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Rickie is gonna need Clark and Rory to drop a few shots to have a chance. 5 back is pretty much done now.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Wow Rory getting lucky as gently caress here

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Clark has icewater in his veins today, can't really see him botching this back 9 to the point where he loses the lead.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What a freaking shot by Clark

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

drat what a second shot by Clark. I think he’s got this since nobody else can putt at all.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Rory’s putter just isn’t there

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Also i would definitely say that the shine has worn off this course for me as the weekend has gone by. Can't particularly pick a favorite hole and seeing how much of a snootfest the atmosphere looked over the weekend just makes pinehurst seems that much more appealing next year where the tournament will be at an actual public course with actual major championship history and way bigger crowds.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rory's speed has been off on all of these putts

e: holy poo poo falling apart on 16

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Uh oh

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Clark is going to win but holy poo poo she’s making it dramatic.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
As someone who also prefers a fade, nothing feels worse on the course when the driver starts to draw not on purpose. :ohdear:

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Rory is done

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

that was ugly

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ace Jameson posted:

Rory is done

Lol yeah where the hell did that shot go?

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Good lord please get azinger off my tv. Bring back morgan pressel.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Douchebag posted:

Lol yeah where the hell did that shot go?

second fairway, apparently

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rory's played well, but I've seen him do this quite a bit. He just doesn't "have it" on the 4th day, and loses to someone who does. He's still great, but can't close.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
and the gate is open

Anno
May 10, 2017

Man this closing stretch is just brutal

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

That bogey gives Rory a chance.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Does Clark normally have his front/left foot back in his putting stance?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
How many putts have lipped out this week? Feels like way more than normal?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

wow

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
God this is excruciating.