Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

comedyblissoption posted:

christopher lynn hedges interviews everyone's favorite pundit

https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1671865986985623553

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

hedges writes:

the answer to all of those questions is yes

all the good reason to lock 'em up!

Hey quick question. What was up with this?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923028&pagenumber=2&perpage=40&userid=0#post504794888

quote:

I just saw this and I responded to the report so I'll explain my reasoning for the twelver. First, I don't consider this doxxing, which involves digging up personal information like home addresses, employers, and basically outing somebody who doesn't want to be outed. Posting a link to someone's public-facing Twitter presence and YouTube profile doesn't cut it (and the YouTube link had already been deleted before I saw the report). Secondly, I make a distinction for political actors who are attempting to use their public presence to influence and move the world in a particular direction -- and there are also legal distinctions here as well compared to, say, someone who just collects plastic anime figurines or whatever. That said, the public actor here is still a kid and the whole thing needed to stop because it's weird and sad, so I probed the goon as a warning. If they continue their behavior then they're risking a ban, but I think they got the message. If they don't get the message and I miss it, then report it please.

I've modded for about two weeks, and my basic philosophy is that unless it's clearly rulebreaking or just egregious, then I'm going to err on the side of probes -- which is what they're there for -- so the behavior stops, which is the most important thing. It is better for most people to be underpunished than for a few to be overpunished when dealing with these grey areas, and whether you give a sixer or a twelver or one day is a judgement call in the moment. Not everyone is going to be happy, but like I said, the most important thing is for bad behavior to stop when it arises.