Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 5 - Nothing Bad Ever Happens To Dan

Oh hey it's those two classes we can't play as yet :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 6 - So Many Doors

New session! :toot: From here on out I know a little more about what I'm doing.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

I was playing Etrian Odyssey 4 on my 3ds while I was taking the bus to work, but started working from home. I was have a lot of fun with it and now you are making me want to get back to it. I'll probably just watch you two instead.

Oh, and you have episode 5 twice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 8 - There's Wolves, Dude

Like, a lot of wolves

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm a couple of episodes behind, but before I forget I wanted to say that my mom saw a real-life red panda for the first time ever today, and now she loves them. Thought you'd appreciate that.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

I'm glad you mentioned your Grimrock LP, since I somehow missed it and am now correcting my mistake.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Grimrock's a good LP. It's probably my most rewatched of Dan's. But I also love dungeon crawlers, to play and watch, so I'm getting really into this as well.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Personally, as a connoisseur of misery, Sonic 06 is the one I revisit most.

"Well, here we are. This is where our lives have led us."

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I think about the Dokapon Kingdom one when it comes to an example of suffering in LP form. Really hope that switch version works out.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
As someone who has been listening to this LP in another tab: thanks for reading dialog, it makes this data entry so much less tedious.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan got all of the dogtags in MGS2. Remembering this makes it slightly less of a crime I have not finished watching Dokapon.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 9 - That Was Staring

I'm always on the fence about reading text out loud because I appreciate it when people do it, but a lot of people don't and also I can't stand my voice :froggonk:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Come for the video game, stay for Grace implying that you both gently caress the aircon.

Danaru posted:

also I can't stand my voice :froggonk:

I feel confident anyone watching these videos doesn't hate your voice.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Today I learned Dan would fall in the pit if there was an Aircon in there.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

The past few episodes have been too boring. Dan isn't being incompetent enough and letting people die. I want a refund!

I guess it's balanced out a little by the implied story of younger Dan falling into a pit several times.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Some say he's still in that pit to this very day...

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

(the pit is a metaphor for LPing the entire Yakuza series)

(also a literal pit, though)

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Who doesn't love The Pit, though?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Explosionface posted:

I'm loving how (relatively) well challenging every FOE is working. Just waiting for the upcoming moment where it stops working and Dan finds out his last save was too long ago.

Sooner or later, everyone hits that moment where they get cornered by an FOE and have to fight their way out because they forgot an Ariadne Thread.

Except in Persona Q/Persona Q2, where the characters never shut up if you try to go into a dungeon without one. :argh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didn't ALWAYS fall in the pit :mad: Sometimes I jumped and got stuck

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 9 - That's Different

Boy howdy there's a lot of FOE sprites getting reused as normal enemies, that's usually a good sign right?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What's wrong with the warbull's teeth? He's so happy!

E: you negating the def down with the def up song probably triggered the status ailment dissipated message since you ended up back to normal.

Geemer fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 2, 2023

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

poo poo, you reminded me that you never finished Terraria (or did you, off-screen?) You should finish Terraria!

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Salve is basically Cure I that hits the entire party. At equal levels, it costs only marginally more but is pretty close to equally effective.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The algorithm does not deserve Andrea. Even if all I can ever remember when she is brought up is faded fever dreams of X-Com.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Andrea, not algorithms.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
finally im actually caught up on the running dangrace LP stream

Section Z posted:

Dan got all of the dogtags in MGS2. Remembering this makes it slightly less of a crime I have not finished watching Dokapon.

nobody finishes dokapon. many have said that dan and grace finished dokapon, but none have made it to the end of the LP to confirm.

dokapon dokapons. all i know is screw estelle

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I have finished Dokapon. I have seen the end. But only because I fell asleep while the playlist was going... more than once. I just put stuff on when it's late sometimes, okay.

But yes, it's me, the Homer-Simpson-dragged-by-Sherpas gif.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I had a long project for work so when it came up I started listening to it in the background. It’s so long. I don’t understand how that game can go on so long. And every chapter added new towns worth so much that nothing mattered from the previous chapters! That game is insane, and I strongly believe that they’re the only people to ever play that mode start to finish.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

Akratic Method posted:

I had a long project for work so when it came up I started listening to it in the background. It’s so long. I don’t understand how that game can go on so long. And every chapter added new towns worth so much that nothing mattered from the previous chapters! That game is insane, and I strongly believe that they’re the only people to ever play that mode start to finish.

The game came out when I was in college and a few of my friends actually did finish a regular run. It took them about half a semester of fairly regular play, if memory serves; something like 60 hours of gameplay.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 10 - That's Not A Wolf!

On a note irritatingly close to Dokapon, Grace and I are extremely sick right now but we aren't forced to record so it'll be a little bit until we can play EO again :negative:

For you Dokapon fans, Grace and I are working to do a four human LP with G-Mawwww and Circs so look forward to it :v:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Danaru posted:

For you Dokapon fans, Grace and I are working to do a four human LP with G-Mawwww and Circs so look forward to it :v:

grandmaparty and circlemaster say "sync" twice past the start of the recording if you're being held against your will

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Is this the thread's very own Circs?

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1676859523519385601?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I picked up EO3's switch release to scratch the same itch that games like SMT and early Personas did and I've been on the fence about the earlier two. Going to get caught up on the madness that Dan's uploading to see if it sways me one way or another.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

The Legend himself.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
This does explain his class.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The one and the same. He also did this to Grace and I on our own drat channel, so god drat never cross that man

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Oh I absolutely remember the ultimate Wheel of Fortune win. At the time I thought it must have been luck, there's no way he could have managed to calculate that with the randomness of the wheel, right? But now I'm not so sure. :ohdear:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

The one and the same. He also did this to Grace and I on our own drat channel, so god drat never cross that man

I have never forgiven him for this

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i cant tell if G-Maw's username is progressively getting more and more Ws day by day or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Danaru posted:

*Insert amused evil cackle here*