Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Etrian Odyssey started off as a Nintendo DS game where you and your party of adventurers delve into a mysterious labyrinth in search of fame and treasure! It finally got a damned Switch port which is great because as much as I love the original, the DS makes my weird gorilla hands cramp and I couldn't play it for very long.

The game works pretty much the same as the original, but with better graphics and controller support. It also adds new difficulty settings which is great but also it turns out the most difficult option is the same as the original, not the middle one that I picked :cripes: Needless to say the first few episodes involve a ton of me misremembering stuff from the original with a nearly 100% incorrect rate. It's kinda amazing.

Yes I'm starting yet another thread if I ever have less than three projects to juggle I'll die

Spoiler Policy

I know the basic story beats, but never made it much past the second stratum. Grace hasn't played at all, so don't post about anything we haven't seen yet.

The Team

Name: Dan
Class: Landsknecht
Skills: Holds the damned controller

Name: CirclMastr
Class: Protector
Skills: Getting hit instead of Dan

Name: Grace
Class: Troubadour
Skills: Rustic Nightcore and unhelpful advice

Name: GrandmaParty
Class: Alchemist
Skills: Radha's weed dealer

Name: Cici
Class: Medic
Skills: Literal squishmallow

:siren:Episodes:siren:

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 1 - Oh No, My Hubris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
(by the way we still need an Alchemist and Survivalist for loser farmer squadron sign up if you want to be called a loser and die for our cause also this is an explicit acknowledgement that you will be subject to the kind of bits we do)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Just Winging It posted:

Also, share Cici with the thread.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 2 - Gimme That Boot

This might come as a shock, but I was one of those kids that tried to stick a fork into a wall outlet multiple times

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay say hello to the gathering team :toot:

Between the first and second recording session, I use Rest to respec our main crew and remove the gathering skills, my plan is for Team A to explore and hunt, while Team 2 comes in later on and uses the paths we find to scoop up all the goodies. Our inventory is hard capped at 60 slots and we hit that limit a lot faster than you'd think.

I only had nine letters to make names with so that's why some of your names are like that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh huh, I totally thought auto walls were made for the switch version. Either way it's a big help. The map controls get a lot easier once you're used to them but also I'm very glad they'll just draw walls for me

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 3 - Something Came Up Dan

Look, there's only one sure way to know if something is poisonous or not

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 4 - Screaming At Circs

Okay I know I accidentally went on an easier difficulty, but they also don't usually keep screaming instead of attacking

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 5 - I Wish We Didn't Do This

Man I still had episodes from Final Fantasy X on here :shepface: I gotta clean this out more often

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 5 - Nothing Bad Ever Happens To Dan

Oh hey it's those two classes we can't play as yet :toot:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 6 - So Many Doors

New session! :toot: From here on out I know a little more about what I'm doing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 8 - There's Wolves, Dude

Like, a lot of wolves

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 9 - That Was Staring

I'm always on the fence about reading text out loud because I appreciate it when people do it, but a lot of people don't and also I can't stand my voice :froggonk:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didn't ALWAYS fall in the pit :mad: Sometimes I jumped and got stuck

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 9 - That's Different

Boy howdy there's a lot of FOE sprites getting reused as normal enemies, that's usually a good sign right?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 10 - That's Not A Wolf!

On a note irritatingly close to Dokapon, Grace and I are extremely sick right now but we aren't forced to record so it'll be a little bit until we can play EO again :negative:

For you Dokapon fans, Grace and I are working to do a four human LP with G-Mawwww and Circs so look forward to it :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The one and the same. He also did this to Grace and I on our own drat channel, so god drat never cross that man

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Just dropping a quick update, I was on vacation last week and we both got really sick and also the fridge just straight up died so we didn't wind up recording any EO. We should have a chance to record this weekend though

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 11 - I Didn't See That

Okay god dammit we're back, what a poo poo show

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Just Winging It posted:

I would like to see the (red panda) babies.

https://twitter.com/AthelWah/status/1682432698336288770?s=20

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 12 - It's Goopies

Sorry for the delay again, no real reason this time I just got lazy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 14 - Sure Is Still Following Us

The Z listers are still around but their training was interrupted by me buying pikmin 4 :frog:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 15 - They're All Back

Oh hey, didn't think I'd see this guy again so soon

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Etrian Odyssey Episode 16 - Thor Is For The Horde

Thorde okay thank u for watchingn