Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

Eh,. max salaries mean the best players aren't paid like a stack-rank would be. 25th highest salary (Jrue Holoday) is 33m and Beal is at 43 (at 4th). If you're looking to add a player like Beal you probably don't care.

That said, amongst the super-max tier guys Beal is probably the one you'd want the least. Well. Probably Kyrie is the one you want the least but.

Plus after the next two off seasons his salary ranking won't be as high as guys like Brown and Tatum get their maxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Isn't Ayton Bahamian anyway?

Yeah I thought he was getting nationalized but my information came from a "He should do that to play in the 2024 olympics" so yeah, he's not a candidate anyway.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Does Beal make sense next to Brunson?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mean Baby posted:

Does Beal make sense next to Brunson?

He'd be great on the Knicks, honestly. I don't see how they'd get him though.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Beal to the mavericks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

The Knicks, and Memphis would probably be pretty solid fits for him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also trading for him wouldn't be hard.

Like it feels like the Bulls would be a useful team in any Beal trade, because they have 20 million of a player who can be waived with a career ending injury exception.

Finding ways to make the money work isn't that hard, if the Knicks/Grizzles for some reason really wanted him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Also trading for him wouldn't be hard.

Like it feels like the Bulls would be a useful team in any Beal trade, because they have 20 million of a player who can be waived with a career ending injury exception.

The bulls are not going to do anything, they'll gun for the 9 seed for 1-2 more seasons then fruitlessly tank for 5 years in one of the two years they have a draft pick. Also Karnisovas and Eversley can't draft for poo poo, Terry is a bust and Williams will have the Bulls drafted player trajectory of looking incredible the second he is on another team.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Sounds like Shams is pushing the Miami angle.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1669029381493202961

I'd assume it'd be around Lowry. Not a bad idea.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Heat culture and Bradley Beal would be the funniest collision.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

The bulls are not going to do anything, they'll gun for the 9 seed for 1-2 more seasons then fruitlessly tank for 5 years in one of the two years they have a draft pick. Also Karnisovas and Eversley can't draft for poo poo, Terry is a bust and Williams will have the Bulls drafted player trajectory of looking incredible the second he is on another team.

I mean gunning for the 10-7 seed would be what facilitating this trade is doing. They'd get like Brandon Clark or Kennard as salary and go on being mediocre.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Lockback posted:

It looks like Fournier, Barrett, and Toppin get the salaries to match. The Knicks also have 4 firsts next year, including the Wizards own pick, and some other young talent. I don’t think the Knicks would need to give up all 4, just to be clear.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Heat culture and Bradley Beal would be the funniest collision.

Micheal Beasley and Hassan Whiteside were both funnier

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Mean Baby posted:

It looks like Fournier, Barrett, and Toppin get the salaries to match. The Knicks also have 4 firsts next year, including the Wizards own pick, and some other young talent. I don’t think the Knicks would need to give up all 4, just to be clear.

Thats the framework I had in mind for NY if they wanted Beal. I have no idea what Beal's value is though considering how disastrous being above the 2nd apron is according to some. He has a 57m player option in 2026-27. Would you even need to throw in picks? Probably, right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

the wizards don't do the trade without getting a bunch of picks. The bunch of picks is why you trade Beal.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

Sounds like Shams is pushing the Miami angle.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1669029381493202961

I'd assume it'd be around Lowry. Not a bad idea.

nah pat this ain't it cmon man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Beal would be a good pickup for Miami assuming Beal can stay healthy, which is admittedly a hell of an assumption.

If Spo can have a decent defense with Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro out there, Beal should be fine. Having someone with some self creation, and creation for others out there other than Jimmy would be pretty good.

I guess it depends on what the Heat have to give up.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Can a horse play basketball?

There’s no rule that says a horse can’t play basketball

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

the wizards don't do the trade without getting a bunch of picks. The bunch of picks is why you trade Beal.

I dunno, I could see this being a situation where the Wizards recognize they’re on an aimless trajectory and respect Beal enough (slash recognize the burden posed by his salary and no-trade clause) to let him basically pick his destination even if it means getting back a pretty modest return

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh right lmao, I forgot he had a NTC

loving lmaooooo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dexo posted:

Beal would be a good pickup for Miami assuming Beal can stay healthy, which is admittedly a hell of an assumption.

If Spo can have a decent defense with Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro out there, Beal should be fine. Having someone with some self creation, and creation for others out there other than Jimmy would be pretty good.

I guess it depends on what the Heat have to give up.

I'm not sure the Heat have enough to offer the Wizards to entice them unless they're devoted to blowing it up.

It'd have to be something like Lowry, Duncan Robinson, and some combination of their available firsts (2023., 2027, ...2029?).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm not sure the Heat have enough to offer the Wizards to entice them unless they're devoted to blowing it up.

It'd have to be something like Lowry, Duncan Robinson, and some combination of their available firsts (2023., 2027, ...2029?).

The league is weird, people might be high on Herro. Also yeah if he has a NTC, he has a level of control over where he goes that is strong.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

time for some Bulls Chat

I don't know why any team has worse odds than they do. this next season feels absolutely hopeless. At least the Spurs can imagine that Wemby is Tim Duncan + Lebron combined and wins a title instantly

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Boosh! posted:

Thats the framework I had in mind for NY if they wanted Beal. I have no idea what Beal's value is though considering how disastrous being above the 2nd apron is according to some. He has a 57m player option in 2026-27. Would you even need to throw in picks? Probably, right?

By 26-27 that salary won’t be as bad with the new media deal.

This might sound like Marx talking about linen, but let’s peg Beal’s value at 4 firsts and the rough equivalent for each player.

Barrett = 1 first
Toppin = 1 first
Fournier = - 1 first
Wizards 2024 = 1 first (you could argue 2)
Another 2024 = 1 first
A 2026 first (thought to be a strong draft) = 1 first

I think that is roughly good value. However, Beal has a no trade clause, so the Wizards can’t exactly start a bidding war.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dexo posted:

The league is weird, people might be high on Herro. Also yeah if he has a NTC, he has a level of control over where he goes that is strong.

I'm assuming any Heat trade this offseason, barring like Lilliard becoming available and gettable for Miami(?), will be around Lowry rather than Herro. I could be wrong about that.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Why would the warriors be trying to get younger
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1669016481445683209?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I don't know why any team has worse odds than they do. this next season feels absolutely hopeless. At least the Spurs can imagine that Wemby is Tim Duncan + Lebron combined and wins a title instantly

The Bulls are in a weird place. Like they are probably roughly going to be a play-in team, which is seemingly what ownership wants.

I'm mostly just mad they aren't fun to watch.

Like When Lonzo was playing even though I don't think their ceiling was a championship, that team was fun to watch.

The only path for stepping up a tier, is Patrick Williams to finally realize he should be more aggressive, and to be giving the keys to run more of the offense through him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They have one of the best players in the league, and if they aren't gonna blow it up, you should extremely be trading the kids for vets to try and make another run.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm assuming any Heat trade this offseason, barring like Lilliard becoming available and gettable for Miami(?), will be around Lowry rather than Herro. I could be wrong about that.

im confused, are you sayin the heat are going to package lowry with a desirable asset to get off his contract? like who wants to add a mostly cooked bench pg making 30 million

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dexo posted:

They have one of the best players in the league, and if they aren't gonna blow it up, you should extremely be trading the kids for vets to try and make another run.
But they're potentially trading a young prospect for a younger one? Or do you just mean they plan to trade the pick for a vet?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah Lowry is just there for salary purporses. the Wizards would probably buy him out, and let him go to another team.

Bulls Should reunite Lowry and Derozan and at ride friendship ball to the top(the 10th seed)

Punkin Spunkin posted:

But they're potentially trading a young prospect for a younger one? Or do you just mean they plan to trade the pick for a vet?

Bleh, I misread that tweet. I'm an idiot.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ammanas posted:

im confused, are you sayin the heat are going to package lowry with a desirable asset to get off his contract? like who wants to add a mostly cooked bench pg making 30 million

His contract runs out after next year, iirc, so the same reason most teams would want an expiring.

Edit: Although a buyout would work too. It's mostly because I think they'll have to match salaries?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Mean Baby posted:

By 26-27 that salary won’t be as bad with the new media deal.

This might sound like Marx talking about linen, but let’s peg Beal’s value at 4 firsts and the rough equivalent for each player.

Well, that's your first problem. Gobert was traded for 4, (5?!)and that now increasingly looks like a huge overpay. Beal shouldn't get similar value.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

The Bulls are in a weird place. Like they are probably roughly going to be a play-in team, which is seemingly what ownership wants.

I'm mostly just mad they aren't fun to watch.

Like When Lonzo was playing even though I don't think their ceiling was a championship, that team was fun to watch.

The only path for stepping up a tier, is Patrick Williams to finally realize he should be more aggressive, and to be giving the keys to run more of the offense through him.

I've given up on Patrick Williams, Cody White and everyone else they've drafted. I guess they can point to the Heat as why all you need to do is make the play-in.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Well, that's your first problem. Gobert was traded for 4, (5?!)and that now increasingly looks like a huge overpay. Beal shouldn't get similar value.

Gobert was traded for more than that. If you broke it down the same way it would be like 6 firsts. They got…

Kessler (1 first)
4 firsts
1 pick swap
Vanderbilt (1 first?)

Patrick Beasley, Malik Beasley, and Bolmaro. That’s probably a wash.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

[Stein]There is no disputing New Orleans’ strong interest in Henderson. The Pelicans want more of a traditional playmaker than they’ve had and are undeniably drawn to the explosive Henderson. I heard this week from one well-placed observer who is convinced that the Pelicans would indeed consider dealing Williamson away if it meant they could draft Henderson, pointing to a rising level of exasperation within the organization regarding Williamson's ongoing availability issues and overall approach. My read, at this juncture, is that the Pelicans are less inclined to consider trading Brandon Ingram in the same scenario.

mods change my name to well placed observer

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

As a condition of a trade to the Blazers, Zion must agree he is only allowed to visit vegan strip clubs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

life comes at you fast
https://twitter.com/CjHolmes22/status/1623775622492471296

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

WhyteRyce posted:

mods change my name to well placed observer
Zion likes more than just anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I've given up on Patrick Williams, Cody White and everyone else they've drafted. I guess they can point to the Heat as why all you need to do is make the play-in.

Coby White seemingly put it together this year, he was finally able to impact the game and play solid when he wasn't shooting lights out.