Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm genuinely shocked you can buy a non-HDMI DVD player in tyool 2024.

And if we can talk about cables, connections and such, I hate Displayport. Oh you can go from a DP output to a HDMI input but not the other way around unless you have a special active cable which is expensive considering. And you can buy a HDMI cable capable of 4K 60 for a few dollars yet for some reason a standard Displayport equivalent is a stack more despite not having a licensing cost attached like HDMI production does.

That some PCs use this lovely standard is the worst. The only thing DP has going got it is the fact it locks into the port.

god you’re dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dip Viscous posted:

YouTube randomly skips around periodically when I'm watching longer videos now. Sometimes it goes forward 45 seconds, sometimes it goes back 210 minutes. I can't discern any pattern to when or why it does this or what makes it choose how much to skip, and it happens no matter what device I'm watching from. Just have to spend a few minutes scrubbing through the video and hope I can find where I left off before it does it again.

Every video of any playlist I play on my YouTube app plays just fine for the first 20 seconds and then jumps 15-20 seconds forward and will not let me rewind it past the point it skipped to. Coooooool. Good, good stuff.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Quote is not edit

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A store removed their 'cost per ounce' listing from shelf tags. The tags are so full of numbers, though, it might be difficult to spot in the mix.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Everyone and everything is stupid and dumb and everyone and everything should stop being stupid and everyone and everything should stop being dumb, tia.

Also if you can't drive stick or regulate cruising speed you're basically a baby wearing adult shoes and you're not fooling anyone.

E:

JediTalentAgent posted:

A store removed their 'cost per ounce' listing from shelf tags. The tags are so full of numbers, though, it might be difficult to spot in the mix.

Yeah gently caress this poo poo. One of the local stores lists $/g or kg and the other doesn't. I try to shop at the one that does list per unit prices simply because they're at least doing the absolute bare minimum to be transparent.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 28, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Everyone and everything is stupid and dumb and everyone and everything should stop being stupid and everyone and everything should stop being dumb, tia.

Also if you can't drive stick or regulate cruising speed you're basically a baby wearing adult shoes and you're not fooling anyone.

I'm hurt

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
More like redhurt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

More like redhurt

Not like this. Not like this

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:sickos:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hmm.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

JediTalentAgent posted:

The shrank em at mine and my vision sucks, so now I carry a credit card sized magnifier in my wallet like a Gramma so I can read them, but then I forget I have it and squint at the numbers anyway. I also just now realized that my phone camera can do the job, so I'm also going stupid as well as blind.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My eyes are so bad I carry around 2 magnifying glasses, one for each eye.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Guys I want my cruise control to ram into cars in front of me instead of slowing down. Numbers scare me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Noticing the speed of the car in front of you is actually really easy if you're not ordering tendies on doordash or whatever while driving.

Outrail posted:

This, tbqh

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Popups suggesting dramatic and sometimes costly route changes that you have 10 seconds to engage with or they'll auto-accept?

This poo poo is insane, I'm convinced google is being paid by toll road companies or something.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 28, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

This poo poo is insane, I'm convinced google is being paid by toll road companies or something.

it wouldn't necessarily surprise me. google maps was not a cheap project and it's like half of the people who work at googles job to figure out how to monetize their products any way possible

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

The Moon Monster posted:

You can turn it off. Otherwise it will pick the faster route.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Cerekk posted:

You can turn it off. Otherwise it will pick the faster route.

You can turn off toll roads entirely, yes, but we're not interested in doing that as without toll roads driving in Florida takes three times as long in many cases. We just want to avoid weird dumb poo poo where Google redirects from the (cool and good) interstates to the (under massive construction so temporarily bad and dumb) Turnpike. It's actually almost always the private Turnpike that it tries to get people on, and because the Turnpike is privately owned they don't have to answer to anyone for safety or traffic concerns, so they'll close exits without warning or stop all but one lane of traffic because someone using adaptive CC got rear-ended in the left lane.

I, too, would not be surprised if Google gets kickbacks for this. The Turnpike is rarely a time savings compared to the interstates. Even Google acknowledges this, "we've found a faster route! Similar ETA". They need either an option to dramatically extend the time you get to engage the notification, or an option to gently caress off entirely with route changes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... if someone with adaptive CC gets rear-ended, then if they were not there the car in front of them would have been rear-ended instead.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Houle posted:

Guys I want my cruise control to ram into cars in front of me instead of slowing down. Numbers scare me.

The Moon Monster posted:

Noticing the speed of the car in front of you is actually really easy if you're not ordering tendies on doordash or whatever while driving.

This, tbqh

I don't have a dog in this fight--my car doesn't have cruise control--but I can tell you that threads get worse when they've acquired a target.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Time_pants posted:

acquired a target.

I would like my cruise control to have heat seeker mode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time_pants posted:

I don't have a dog in this fight--my car doesn't have cruise control--but I can tell you that threads get worse when they've acquired a target.

It's like a form of mob mentality, but on the internet, so different than the real thing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Nobody reply, the thread has a post based targeting system.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
enough about cruise control already god drat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Don't even get me started about people who don't use their blinkers

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

enough about cruise control already god drat

Cruise control is important though. Many lives and buffets could be ruined by poor cruise control!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Cruisin' for a mod bruisin'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fuckin car chirpin at me cuz I ain't got my seat belt on

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

private Turnpike

What in the gently caress? :psyduck:

That's almost as shocking to me as private prisons.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What in the gently caress? :psyduck:

That's almost as shocking to me as private prisons.

wikipedia posted:

On April 11, 2002, Gov. Jeb Bush signed House Bill 261, creating Florida's Turnpike Enterprise, and directing the Turnpike to pursue innovation and best private-sector business practices, to improve cost-effectiveness and timeliness in project delivery, to increase revenues and expand its capital program, and to improve quality of service to its customers. At that time, the Office of Toll Operations, formerly a separate division of the State of Florida, was folded into the FTE and is exempt from FDOT policies, procedures, and standards, subject to the secretary having the authority to apply any such policies, procedures, and standards to the FTE from time to time as deemed appropriate.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Ketchup has been getting worse. Heinz is a watery mess that always has ketchup water regardless of how thoroughly you shake it.I always keep my ketchup in the fridge, couldn't fathom keeping it in the cupboard.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This is like a time capsule, "The Republican Party before TRUMP"

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jeb Bush is the most pathetic man alive.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Time_pants posted:

*was

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Time_pants posted:

I suggest you do some research on a fella named Donald Trump.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

I suggest you do some research on a fella named Donald Trump.

He's very, very, very pathetic. Upper 0.0001%, no question. But his biggest claim to fame is being a pathological liar and piece of poo poo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Time_pants posted:

He's very, very, very pathetic. Upper 0.0001%, no question. But his biggest claim to fame is being a pathological liar and piece of poo poo. appearing in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Point taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

*Formerly