Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"New & Improved!" = reduced the size and changed the ingredients to lower costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

redshirt posted:

"New & Improved!" = reduced the size and changed the ingredients to lower costs

New recipe! = tastes shittier

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

run on sentience posted:

Do you think I'm the one personally telling them not to use electronic methods?? These are cheques for $5k minimum that they are saving maybe $5 in fees on, and yes they are absolutely wasting at least that much on what you mentioned.

The global financial system is your fault and it's bad and you should feel bad. :colbert:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Outrail posted:

The global financial system is your fault and it's bad and you should feel bad. :colbert:

Wait. He's the one responsible? Let me at him! Why I oughta knock your block off!!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I noticed this week that reading Reddit on mobile has added a useless "show more comments" button when reading it past the first 10 comments or so, making it worse to read and use the site.

I wouldn't need to read Reddit if my favorite SA threads updated more often, I very much appreciate the SA app not doing this.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Comstar posted:

I noticed this week that reading Reddit on mobile has added a useless "show more comments" button when reading it past the first 10 comments or so, making it worse to read and use the site.

I wouldn't need to read Reddit if my favorite SA threads updated more often, I very much appreciate the SA app not doing this.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
didnt they make the reddit mobile web experience bad on purpose so people would have to get their app (which again provides way easier access to track you and collect data)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

thathonkey posted:

didnt they make ___________ bad on purpose so people would have to get their app (which again provides way easier access to track you and collect data)

If the question contains this structure, just assume the answer is yes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I can't understand how anyone reads Reddit. Like getting spot point information sure, but trying to follow a narrative is just jarring.

Getting old, Jake.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

IME it's more like:

Website: We changed something, gently caress you. Also, we've assigned one person to write one article responding to your feedback, and we're not changing anything based on your feedback, gently caress you.

Users: Ok, we'll keep using your website, because a) you're a monopoly or b) we're terrified of the alternative, which is being bored.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

thathonkey posted:

didnt they make the reddit mobile web experience bad on purpose so people would have to get their app (which again provides way easier access to track you and collect data)

Yep, and made it so 3rd party apps no longer could work on the site.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
In real world enshitification, went to Boots Pharmacy earlier in the week and they've now got rid of all the staffed tills and now just have half a dozen self-checkouts, of which, only one takes cash.

Because of this, there's no one to deactivate the security stickers they're still putting on all the cosmetics, something I found out when the security guard made me come back into the shop and asked "what I'd taken" and made me show him inside my bag and the receipts for the makeup I'd just bought.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

goldenninjawarrior posted:

In real world enshitification, went to Boots Pharmacy earlier in the week and they've now got rid of all the staffed tills and now just have half a dozen self-checkouts, of which, only one takes cash.

Because of this, there's no one to deactivate the security stickers they're still putting on all the cosmetics, something I found out when the security guard made me come back into the shop and asked "what I'd taken" and made me show him inside my bag and the receipts for the makeup I'd just bought.

I'm so glad the people responsible for that decision thought through the consequences of all their actions. Isn't it so much more efficient and streamlined now??

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

has anyone else noticed how bad things are for the mom & pop landlords out there these days?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I can't wait till there's a book out about the insane "pivot to video" craze. Just a completely unhinged and counterintuitive case of 21st century capitalism chasing its own tail in the pursuit of a mirage and in the process trampling on people's lives, livelihoods, and creative output

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!
Bought some Dawn dish soap. At home noticed it said, "New Fresh Scent!"

1. Why does dish soap need a loving new scent?
2, Why is the new scent just the smell of Mr. Bubbles? I am supposed to bathe with my dirty dishes now?

:cloud:

VanOwen fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 25, 2024

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

VanOwen posted:

Bought some Dawn dish soap. At home noticed it said, "New Fresh Scent!"

1. Why does dish soap need a loving new scent?
2, Why is the new scent just the smell of Mr. Bubbles? I am supposed to bathe with my dirty dishes now?

:cloud:

"Reminder: team members have a minimum required 5 Continuous Improvement ideas each sprint."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

How do they make you come back into the shop?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Outrail posted:

How do they make you come back into the shop?

With a loving laser beam

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That's something that's gotten worse. They got lasers now so don't be stealing that mascara

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I can't wait till there's a book out about the insane "pivot to video" craze. Just a completely unhinged and counterintuitive case of 21st century capitalism chasing its own tail in the pursuit of a mirage and in the process trampling on people's lives, livelihoods, and creative output
It worked perfectly, now there are damned near no websites with their own ad sales, everything goes through Facebook or Google for ad sales.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Wearing black T-shirts has gotten shittier. Well, it's not the shirt's fault I guess, but my chest hair is turning white now and several times a day I'll spot some lint or a speck of dust on my shirt out of my peripheral vision but it's just a white hair poking through my shirt and it really stands out against the black.
:corsair:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Fitbit blows ever since Google bought them.

Go figure.

What a lovely company.

I just got a $30 Mi Band, I don't give a poo poo if the CCP knows where I am 24/7, I'm not that important.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

the degree to which google and facebook combined to damage not only the internet but the media and information landscape broadly cannot be overstated

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Wearing black T-shirts has gotten shittier. Well, it's not the shirt's fault I guess, but my chest hair is turning white now and several times a day I'll spot some lint or a speck of dust on my shirt out of my peripheral vision but it's just a white hair poking through my shirt and it really stands out against the black.

i get beard dandruff on mine. would love to have less of that

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

One day you're going to look down and a mile long white pube is going to be caught in your zipper. Best of luck, champ.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

wash bucket posted:

One day you're going to look down and a mile long white pube is going to be caught in your zipper. Best of luck, champ.

"...and I'll whisper: 'No.' "

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That just sounds like a lovely premise to begin with.

Yeah I had to use one once when I visited sweden, hated it, then next year I got an SMS that my info was part of a data breach from said app.

gently caress apps forever, I'm starting to become a boomer who insists on using cash soon.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The screen on my Fitbit Inspire 2 is too dim to read if it's a sunny day and also the touch controls cannot be operated if you're sweaty. Fitbit were circling the drain before getting gobbled up by Google.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

wash bucket posted:

"Reminder: team members have a minimum required 5 Continuous Improvement ideas each sprint."

At least in the coming feudal dark age it will be impossible to apply Agile gibberish to peasant agriculture

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

dreezy posted:

i get beard dandruff on mine. would love to have less of that

:same:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

At least in the coming feudal dark age it will be impossible to apply Agile gibberish to peasant agriculture

Oh, an optimist!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Nature does not give one tiny gently caress about your sprint goals

E: it's amazing how many people here think capitalists can just violate laws of physics, as if reality itself is as weak and submissive as the modern proletariat

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 25, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

What would they do if you didn't come back and just...kept going? Are they just trusting that other people, including shoplifters, will be as patient and kind? Just lol, I hope they get robbed blind

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

What would they do if you didn't come back and just...kept going? Are they just trusting that other people, including shoplifters, will be as patient and kind? Just lol, I hope they get robbed blind

It was in a shopping mall so I guess I'd left the store but not the mall. And I'd rather not get banned from the mall because the bowling alley is in there.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

When someone wants to check my bags I just politely say "no thanks" and leave, nobody has ever said anything more yet alone banned me.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Security staff can get in deep poo poo for stopping/accusing someone who hasn't actually stolen anything because the company can get sued. Some states have laws that let them check your bags at the exits though, like NY but not CA.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 25, 2024

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Dip Viscous posted:

When someone wants to check my bags I just politely say "no thanks" and leave, nobody has ever said anything more yet alone banned me.

Yep I've never cooperated a single time and have actually walked home with anti theft tags attached to my clothes. Even though they supposedly have anti tampering dye packets visible through little windows I've busted every singe one off with a hammer and never had it damage the clothes in any way.

Imagine enshittifying your business with anti theft garbage and your vendor is already so lovely that half of it doesn't even work.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's not even the tags, the alarms going off don't even make other employees look up from what they're doing because it's more pointless background noise like car alarms. They just look at me and assume I'm shoplifting.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Lowe’s and Home Depot near me also removed staffed registers and turned everything into self-checkout. Now the two or three former cashiers just stand around waiting for some old to gently caress up scanning something so they can feel human for a fleeting moment.

It sucks, too because Lowe’s has such a sweet and lively animated cashier that has since resigned her spirited character because she doesn’t have a register anymore :( I asked why they got rid of the registers and she pointed out there are still two registers left. The two remaining registers look like they’re permanently closed and blocked off out of sight.

I think there’s still staffed registers in the garden area and the lumber/commercial exit, and I dread when those convert to self-checkout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I haven’t had anyone ask to see a receipt in years but usually when they ask for a receipt I would say it’s in one of the bags, which it would be as I would just randomly shove it in one. Sometimes they would find it but often they would peek into a couple and not seeing it, tell me I was good to go. I’m not doing their job for them that’s for drat sure!